PDA

View Full Version : Fish miracle!

ToBeEvergreen
08-03-2011, 04:11 PM
We had 4 fish to begin with: Panic, Sicily, Doc and Apollo. Panic jumped ship right when we first got him, which taught us never to name a fish something like,"Panic". A year later, Sicily passed on, a long life for a neon tetra. It was just Doc and Apollo now.

Doc, who looks like a vieled angelfish, disappeared one day. Having had fish that jump out of the tank somehow, while cleaning or just randomly, we thought that since there was no body, this may have happened again. No body outside of the tank though, so we were confused.

It was just Apollo, a pretty, strong, yellow fishy, left. I felt really bad for him, but he seemed okay. A month later, while cleaning the fish tank... THERE HE IS.

Doc was under the rocks in the tank for a month!!! I was shocked, and thought it was just his body, until he started moving around. I gave him food, which he happily ate. He's smaller, about half his normal size, but seems okay. I immediately reuinited him with Apollo, who was in the cleaning bowl, and the two swam around happily together.

We found out how it happened. Doc seems to have developed an odd habit of burrowing under the rocks. He squished his little body under the heater the second his tank was all clean. I don't know how to stop this, but I'm watching him carefully, and if he disappears again, we know where he is!

Karen
08-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Good gracious, silly fishy! You are NOT a flounder, Doc!

IRescue452
08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Fish can be funny like that sometimes. I don't even know how many loaches I have left in my tank, they never come above the gravel during the day. Congrats on rediscovering your fish :)