PDA

View Full Version : Animal Abuser Ordered to Work at Animal Shelter

happylabs
08-03-2011, 12:40 PM
First of all, the cat...Oscar, is okay.

This is a story about a low-life guy in Pennsylvania, lives in a town a couple hours away from me which made it onto our local television news.

http://www.wnep.com/community/newsletter/wnep-schyl-animal-abuser-ordered-to-work-at-animal-shelter-20110802,0,753150.story#tugs_story_display

Citizens and even the shelter are not happy this dirt bag was sentenced to work at two different animal shelters for 150 hours as payback for what he did to this cat.

My initial reaction was don't let him near any animals.

What do my fellow PT'ers think?

lvpets2002
08-03-2011, 12:47 PM
:mad: No No I would Not want that dirt bag to be near any of my animals.. Now I am sure the court did this so the guy could learn animals & how to treat them the proper way.. Buttttt what if it backfires..:rolleyes:

ToBeEvergreen
08-03-2011, 01:02 PM
The first sign of murderous intent in a killer is them being cruel/abusive to animals. That thought keeps popping up in my head. Must be why I had a shiver down my spine when I read this.

What I want to know is WHY he did it. Why in the world would ANYONE shoot a cat? He's got some issues. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the animals at that shelter, though I'm HOPING the outcome of this is good, that the animals are all safe.

Karen
08-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I disagree - I think that by working at the shelter, where I am sure he will always be supervised, he may learn that these are thinking, feeling creatures, and develop some inkling of compassion and regret for what he has done.

Unless he is truly mentally ill, there is some hope, and maybe the judge saw that.

phesina
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
That's what I am hoping.. that he is VERY CLOSELY SUPERVISED, and that, as Karen put it so well, "he may learn that these are thinking, feeling creatures, and develop some inkling of compassion and regret for what he has done."

The VERY CLOSE SUPERVISION is the most important part. There should be NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER that this experiment might not go the way the judge envisions it going.

dehlers43
08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Eh, personally I hope he gets ringworm, toxoplasmosis and a nasty case of cat scratch fever.....but that's just me.....:mad:

phesina
08-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Oh, I hope too he picks up all those side effects that sometimes happen to people working at animal shelters!

cassiesmom
08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
similar story---
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-cook-county-jail-inmates-cleaning-animal-shelter-20110801,0,3775042.story

catmandu
08-04-2011, 09:24 AM
I hope they put that creep in with the Pit Bulls so they can chase him around the exercise yard.:mad:

Karen
08-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I hope they put that creep in with the Pit Bulls so they can chase him around the exercise yard.:mad:

Most pitties would love to run around with someone, they are very energetic and playful dogs.

Catmandu, I am afraid your comment is meant that the pit bulls would be mean and vicious and scare the guy, when that's the stereotype, but not the reality.