PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Brushing Teeth

Freedom
08-03-2011, 08:36 AM
A friend suggested this. When I mentioned it to my vet yesterday, she said it works very well.

http://www.petzlife.com/catalog/oral-care-products/oral-care-gel-w-wild-salmon-oil.html

It comes in peppermint and salmon flavors.

You can get it at a good price on amazon.com

pomtzu
08-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the info, Sandi. I think I'll try it, since both of these pooches really need a dental but can't have it because of their heart murmurs, and they absolutely won't have anything to do with me brushing their teeth. :p

Taz_Zoee
08-03-2011, 09:46 AM
This would be great for Zoee. She has nasty teeth. Not so bad she needs a dental visit.......yet. But this could prolong that as well. And Taggart would benefit from it as well. I'll have to see about getting a bottle and trying it out. :) Thanks!!

ChrisH
08-03-2011, 01:11 PM
This is good stuff and it really does work! Plaque Off (http://zeusandco.com/component/content/article/14-product-lines/251-plaqueoff)No brushing needed, just sprinkle on food.

Edit.
Contains only specially selected seaweed. Rich in natural iodine. Free from artificial colours, preservatives, gluten and sugar.

But not recommended for animals undergoing treatment for hyperthyroidism.

dab_20
08-03-2011, 01:20 PM
This would be great for my two. Dentals are so incredibly expensive I can't always afford to give them one. Molli's had to get them every year because her teeth are just horrible! Sam's never even had one.

Reviews sounds really good too!

IRescue452
08-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Don't know that I want my dog ingesting some of those ingredients. I prefer a good old raw soup bone should mine be getting anything on their teeth.

Sharon_FL
09-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Aren't grapes supposed to be poisonous to dogs? Would the same be true of "grape seed extract"? Just curious....

ToBeEvergreen
09-14-2011, 07:01 AM
This would be good for my kitties. Both, we have tried different "dental diet" plans but their teeth are a little bad. The pups, not so much. They have bones to chew, and their choppers are white. It's good to be wary of the ingredients, as well as read testimonials from other owners...

Freedom
09-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Aren't grapes supposed to be poisonous to dogs? Would the same be true of "grape seed extract"? Just curious....

No it is fine. I don't know all the technical ins and outs, just that many dog foods include it. It is from the seed, not the fruit. Maybe that's it.

happylabs
09-14-2011, 09:20 AM
I think I said this before but I wish they would come up with a product like this like for humans - LOL! Maybe chocolate flavored? :p

MonicanHonda
09-14-2011, 01:01 PM
My dogs naturally clean their teeth, but I do have many friends who use with this great success. I would think on top of brushing, like it says (I believe every third day???) it does wonders.