PDA

View Full Version : Indestructible Stuffies?

dab_20
08-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Anyone found a stuffie that doesn't tear easily? Molli loves stuffies, ever since she was a pup, but since Sam came along stuffies don't last more than a week in my house. I'd like to get something that will last. Sam just likes to rip things apart, until the stuffie falls apart. Anyone know of one that is tougher but still soft and where to get it?

Taz_Zoee
08-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Taggart will tear a stuffie to shreds within 5 minutes. We have a couple toys that he has actually not torn apart. One is a strip of fleece without stuffing and it's tied in a knot in the middle (we have a large one and a small one). The other is a round fleece toy that also has no stuffing, but it has a rubber cage in it (we also have large and small of this) and a squeaker inside that cage. This makes it more difficult for the dog to find the squeaker and focus on getting to it. I looked for it online and cannot find it. We sell it at the shelter. However, my brothers dog tore into one of the balls and was tearing apart the rubber cage. Then again, she is a huge lab mix.
I do find it very strange that Taggart has not torn these four toys to shreds. Any other stuffed toy I bring in has a very short life.
I will look again to see if I can find what I'm talking about and post it here.

They also sell other plush toys without stuffing. Not sure those would work as well since usually the dogs goal is to get the squeaker out. :p

Sowa
08-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I had one of these for a dog.
http://www.kyjen.com/shop/index.php/dog-toys/fire-hose-dog-toys.html
The toy itself never ripped but the black material at the end was ripped up and torn off.

Other then that I've never found anything they couldn't rip.

pomtzu
08-02-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't believe there's a dog toy made that Myndi can't destroy - that's how she got the nickname of Jaws! If there is, then I haven't found it. Stuffies don't even last 5 minutes around her. She un-stuffs them and scatters the stuffing, gets the squeaker, and then proceeds to amputate head and limbs. She has a toy box full of body parts! :eek: She even chewed through a hard braided rope ball which was rated for "the toughest of chewers". She's 10 pounds of powerful jaws.

Freedom
08-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Have you tried the unstuffed ones?

http://www.jefferspet.com/thinnies/p/0040034/c2p/hp/

luvofallhorses
08-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I was going to suggest the non-stuffed ones too but I am sure she can shred those too..they aren't that durable.

IRescue452
08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
This is why I pay $2 at the thrift store for a whole bag of stuffies.

Alysser
08-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I have the un-stuffed stuffies and Mikey has torn them open. He has taken the squeakers out and nearly swallowed one whole..thank god we were home! :rolleyes: I would suggest them if they don't have squeakers.

sasvermont
08-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Thank goodness my dog is SO good with stuffies. Every now and then an ear will take a real beating and fall off, but for the most part, Prue is not destructful. She adores her one little child's toy, a husky dog and treats it like her baby. When she was little, I bought lots of stuffies at yard sales. Mostly kids old toys....and she never destroyed them.

I would just buy stock in the company where you buy your toys. LOL.

Asiel
08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
So far no Pet Store has ever brought in a stuffie that my fur brat has not destroyed in a short time. If I ever find one that can whithstand her "killing" instinct I'll post it here.:D