PDA

View Full Version : What do you eat for breakfast?

COCatMama
11-07-2002, 08:53 AM
I usually have cereal, whatever is quick!

Aspen and Misty
11-07-2002, 11:00 AM
I don't eat breakfast but...

Teddy gets his toast with extra butter and Chewy gets dry dog food mixed with wet dog food. Melony and Hope (rats) get a fresh salad. Tundra and Brooke (rats) get there usual, milk, change of water to make it taste more like fruit, and then there chopped up lab blocks, which takes forever! Smokey (cat) will also get 1 or 2 kitty treats. Peaches (Chameleon) gets 2 crickets. And guy (Oscar) also gets a cricket or 2 fish. :rolleyes: Spoiled animals

Ash

All Creatures Great And Small
11-07-2002, 11:06 AM
No wonder you don't eat breakfast, Ash - you don't have time after feeding the herd!:p

I shouldn't even admit what I eat for breakfast, but:

In a hurry - cookies, doughnuts, cake, or pie with a HUGE glass of skim milk (not all of the above, just one:p )

A little more time - McDonalds!

Weekend - Full-on hot breakfast at a nice sit-down place (Cracker Barrel....mmmmm.......)

Gee, I wonder why I am overweight?:o

luckies4me
11-07-2002, 11:12 AM
I usually just eat cereal, and that's not even til around one or so. I don't really eat at all now that I think of it. Hmm, I think I should eat more. I don't even drink anything! I only have but five glasses of milk a week and that's all I drink. It's a suprise I'm alive!
:eek:

COCatMama
11-07-2002, 11:16 AM
I make it a point to eat breakfast, it is true that it is the most important meal of the day! on weekends i eat later and maybe had an english muffin and tea or a banana or something my fave thing is to go for strawberry crepes at the IHOP on sundays :D

wolf_Q
11-07-2002, 11:23 AM
Hmm...funny you should ask today of all days...........as today I am eating rocky road ice cream with hot fudge. LOL. No, i don't eat that every day. ;)

I don't normally eat breakfast.........or if I do, sometimes like a boiled egg. Then I eat a string cheese for lunch on my way to work. I'm alway starving when I come home, but I never feel like fixing anything before I leave.

Randi
11-07-2002, 11:32 AM
I eat Kelloggs K most of the time, and John normal Kelloggs or All Bran, but on sundays we usually have porridge.
In the summer this is our favourite: Cut up freash fruit into bite sizes, according to whats available - like strawberry, melon, kiwi, banana, pear, grapes etc. Stir a small spoonful of honey into a bowl of Yougurt Naturel and pour it over the fruit. It's delicious! ;)

Oh, and we have tea and bread of course! And occasionally we have a full english breakfast - mostly when we travel.

Another of my favourites are Kelloggs Raisin Wheats, but I can't get them in Denmark so I usually bring some back when I travel. :D

Fister has to make do with his diet food for the time being. :(

popcornbird
11-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Hmm...funny you should ask today of all days...........as today I am eating rocky road ice cream with hot fudge. LOL. No, i don't eat that every day. ;)

I don't normally eat breakfast.........or if I do, sometimes like a boiled egg. Then I eat a string cheese for lunch on my way to work. I'm alway starving when I come home, but I never feel like fixing anything before I leave.

What's up with us teens? The age we need breakfast the most, we don't eat it everyday! :eek: I must admit, I don't eat breakfast everyday either. When I do, its a bowl of cereal, or a waffle, or just plain toast. Weekend breakfasts are usually something bigger, like egg and toast, or "paratha" (if you know what that is). Its a kind of Pakistani flat round bread (made on the stove) eaten for breakfast, and sometimes stuffed with potatoes, or other veggie, or sometimes with ground beef.

Aspen and Misty
11-07-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
No wonder you don't eat breakfast, Ash - you don't have time after feeding the herd!:p

LOL. On fridays my dad drives me to dunkin donuts and we get a nice breaktfest sandwhich and a coolata :D MMM, tomrrow is Friday....

Uabassoon
11-07-2002, 01:05 PM
When I lived at home my dad made sure he made me breakfast every morning. Usually tortillas with potato and eggs, yumm. But now I live on my own so I usually just have a soda for breakfast. However this morning I didn't have to work in the morning so I made biskits veggie breakfast patties and hashbrowns for me and my roommate.

iceyshiver21
11-07-2002, 01:07 PM
in the summer i pack breakfast, and me and weiner_teddy, will take one of our dogs and well have a picknick

sammi
11-07-2002, 01:25 PM
When I was young my mom ALWAYS made me eat breakfast and always had fruit or juice b/4 breakfast. I don't think that I really ate much of a breakfast after I left home. But, these days I love breakfast and would eat a big breakfast every morning if someone would make it for me! (but not to early - I like brunch).
Every morning is different - I had pumkin pie the other day! Usually hot cereal & toast or english muffins. Weekends we have a big breakfast of maybe french toast (I like it with ice cream and fruit) meat (or) eggs, toast, fried potatoes & meat and juice. I love a big breakfast but not early. (good food for supper to). I could go to Perkins right now!

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2002, 01:27 PM
If I had my way I would have a wonderful big breakfast every day -- eggs, biskits or pancakes or bagels, and then not eat again the rest of the day. I love breakfast. Growing up, my mother NEVER let me leave the house without it.

But....my husband brings me a breakfast cereal bar and a Diet Pepsi every morning when he wakes me up. Big breakfast is now just for the weekend....

NoahsMommy
11-07-2002, 02:51 PM
On the weekdays I eat a yogurt, a nutragrain bar and water. The weekends is usually cereal, fruit, a raisin english muffin and water.

Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat....so its always a treat to go out and get a really nice breakfast..or even better....BRUNCH!! :)

ramanth
11-07-2002, 02:58 PM
It's normally cereal with skim milk and Kia gets the left over milk in the bowl.

If I have time, sometimes it's oatmeal, scrambled eggs, or waffles I cook in the toaster. :)

Cataholic
11-07-2002, 03:00 PM
I guess I am closest to Noahsmommy. I TRY to have a protein shake every am, with skim milk, and I buy these frozen fruit mixes, so it is kind of shaky cold and fruity. On the mornings I just don't get around to the blender, I grab a banana and a yoguart and eat at my desk.

You youngins that don't eat breakfast, I would really force yourselves to at least grab a piece of fruit (skip the juice....way tooo much sugar) and a glass of 2% milk! Even if you have to add chocolate to it to get it down.

All Creatures Great And Small
11-07-2002, 03:07 PM
I could go to Perkins right now!
Mmmmmm.........Perkins pancakes with apricot syrup...........

strawberry crepes at the IHOP on sundays
I'm jealous! (We don't have an IHOP near us)

a Diet Pepsi every morning
Yep - some of us need caffeine with bubbles in the AM:p
or "paratha" (if you know what that is)
Just as long as it's not snakes, Popcornbird:D

anna_66
11-07-2002, 03:17 PM
Usually either a bowl of Raisin Bran or Shredded Wheat, and on occasion a Carnation Instant Breakfast. And I always try to eat some type of fruit, now that summer is gone, my usual is a banana.
Breakfast is the most important meal, I think alot of people would be happier if they ate breakfast:D

Cookiebaker
11-07-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by anna_66

Breakfast is the most important meal, I think alot of people would be happier if they ate breakfast:D

I agree so much! During college, I *never* ate breakfast. After we got married, I made a point of making breakfast every morning, and I realize about 6 months later that I felt so much better during the day. I had a lot more energy, and cut down on headaches by about 50%.

Now that I am working, it's usually cereal or toast. Before that, I would make biscuits or eggs. My absolute favorite breakfast is homemade muffins right out of the oven. MMMMmmmm! (I love to cook, can you tell??)

NoahsMommy
11-07-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I had a lot more energy, and cut down on headaches by about 50%.
Eating healthy gives me SO much energy...and it helps too cause I have a desk job where I sit all day. :)

neko1
11-07-2002, 05:29 PM
Every morning I eat a bowl of Kelloggs Special K Red Berries! Everyone at my work is hooked on it! Love those strawberries in there!!:)

jenluckenbach
11-07-2002, 06:59 PM
cereal

Crikit
11-07-2002, 08:14 PM
I don't normally eat breakfast, that would mean that I would actually have to function which I'm not capable of doing really. I function enough to get out of bed let the dogs out and feed them. Occasionally somethine weird will happen and I'll be wide awake when I wake up but that doesn't happen often but when it does I'll have some toast and tea or make an omelete. Oh and then there's always the occasional stop at 7-11 for a hot chocolate and king don or something like that and two times this week I've had rotten ronnies hot cakes.

aly
11-07-2002, 10:05 PM
I love breakfast foods! I'm eating french toast right now for dinner. Its really good... made by a diabetic recipe with cinnamon on it.

I'll usually eat Cheerios & banana or peanut butter & toast or oatmeal. When my parents are visiting, they make me bacon, eggs and toast.. mmmm. Sometimes I'll go to McDonalds before work and get a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit and diet coke. I gotta have my caffeine in the morning and I don't drink coffee.

I used to never eat breakfast in high school and I also feel so much better now that I do eat.

Pam
11-07-2002, 11:42 PM
I usually have hot Quaker oatmeal and not the instant sugary stuff (too sweet), and a big mug of coffee. Often Bella and I will share a banana too. My hubby eats a cut up apple each day and coffee and he gives Bella some of his apple slices. This is the only meal that she gets 'human food.' :)

COCatMama
11-07-2002, 11:49 PM
sometimes I am too pressed for time to eat brekky at home, so i stop by the 7 eleven and get a blueberry scone (no frosting) and choco milk :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2002, 12:16 AM
I don't have much time in the mornings during the week so I have a glass of calcium enriched orange juice and a slimfast bar. I also have a glass of water and a diet coke to help wake me up. I don't like coffee. On the weekends I'll have waffles or oatmeal. I try to make lunch my main meal of the day.

Nomilynn
11-08-2002, 01:06 AM
I usually just have toast with PB or jam. I do whatever is easy :D

popcornbird
11-08-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small

Just as long as it's not snakes, Popcornbird:D

LOL!!! :D LOL!!! :D LOL!!! :D

No its not snakes! Its not even snacks! LOL! It just a yummy bread with potatoes and other delicious stuffings inside it! Mmmmm!

Am I going to be teased for accidently typing snakes instead of snacks forever? LOL!

wolf_Q
11-08-2002, 02:13 AM
Yeah, yeah yeah...I *know* I'm supposed to eat breakfast but I'm too *lazy* lol. When I was in school I'd eat it sometimes, but now...I don't go to work until 12:00 and I tend to sleep in (I have lately developed a talent to be able to sleep through an alarm clock for HOURS..its very sad, I need a louder alarm clock or something) I have horrible habits. I stay up all night, sleep until 9:00, go to work from 12-6 on basically no food (maybe a string cheese) and I'm completely starving and tired when I come home. Insane? Yes.

Well, I do like breakfast foods though. French toast, waffles, and omlets are especially good. I often make breakfast foods for dinner. McDonalds breakfast is good too, I don't really like their other food, but the breakfast is tasty. :)

Pam
11-08-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
(I have lately developed a talent to be able to sleep through an alarm clock for HOURS..its very sad, I need a louder alarm clock or something)

What you need is my Trevor!! No one can sleep in when he wants you up! He walks all over me, meowing and sometimes nibbling on my hair if he feels I have had enough sleep. I haven't overslept once since getting him 9 years ago! In fact now I'm EARLY for everything! :rolleyes:

lynnestankard
11-08-2002, 06:34 AM
A bowl of Kellogs Special K (Red Berries) with skimmed milk and Bagel is always waiting to finish the last spoonful of milk - the only milk she gets!

Lynne

COCatMama
11-08-2002, 09:01 AM
I tried that red berry stuff...didn't care for it :(