PDA

View Full Version : It's definate now

Mauisgirl
11-07-2002, 08:25 AM
I'm going to be getting my dog in about 4-5 months (I have to get settled into my apartment and stuff, and find a job) and the breeder I'm going to be getting my English Setter from said that I could choose out of an upcoming litter or she would be willing to let me have an older dog who is a 17 month old female. I am going to choose the 17 month old. I've never trained a puppy before and I don't want to screw up, lol.

Does anyone have any advice for me since the last time I owned a dog I was 12 and I didn't have enough maturity to take care of him? He was a miniature poodle and he was aggressive - which scared me away from dogs for a long time - but I'm ready now and I think I found a match in this English Setter! I can't wait!!! :)

ellensy
11-07-2002, 09:48 AM
Congratulations to you !!! Must be very excited right now hehe :D

aly
11-07-2002, 03:52 PM
My advice would be to be sure to give her PLENTY of exercise. That breed is very energetic and may get bored without a yard so be sure to take daily walks and many trips to the park!

Twisterdog
11-07-2002, 05:10 PM
You made a kind, compassionate and good choice by taking the older dog. Often older dogs are not adopted or purchased as frequently, as everyone has "puppy fever". Thank you for giving an adult dog a home! :)

jenluckenbach
11-08-2002, 05:40 AM
I, too, wanted to say congratulations on picking the older dog. A wise and compassionate choice. Will be waiting to hear more.

Mauisgirl
11-08-2002, 08:47 AM
My sister said "don't get the dog" but I'm getting her anyway...my life, right? lol. But the more I see her photo the more estatic that I am to finally get a dog - her to be specific. I wanted to try agility with her but I don't know if I have the stamina to do it!!!! ;) I've attatched her head shot so you can see what she looks like :)

I love her already! I think when I get her I'll rename her Cristo (like the Count of Monte Cristo? lol)

ramanth
11-08-2002, 12:05 PM
She's very pretty. :)

ChrisH
11-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Congratulations, she is lovely. :)

RockyRoad
11-08-2002, 03:03 PM
Awww congratulations!!!:D