PDA

View Full Version : The Dog Days of Thursdays #440.

RICHARD
07-28-2011, 07:57 AM
I think that a since we are in the hottest part of the year......Wom, no comments from you!;)....I think a small cook out on the veranda is in order.

Wieners, brats, sausages and all the condiments are in order.

A few ades, lemon, lime and some watermelon/cantaloupe should do just fine.

-----------------

Speaking of weiners? Sonic, the drive thru place has offered some hotdogs with "regional flavors" as toppings.

I saw the Chicago Dog and thought I'd like to have one. I got the chance a few weeks ago and it was way too sweet!

It was a strange mix of a pickle, hot peppers and a sweet relish that made my head hurt.....not really, but, you get the idea......

Next time?

A regular chili dawg!

DONE!

--------------------------

Thanks to Catland and Ms Gini for standing in for me!;):)

lvpets2002
07-28-2011, 11:22 AM
:) Texas is Hot Hot & More Hot.. So I needs a Large LIT please withs some of that cold fruit on the side.. Orc go get out the Mega Water Blaster & lets start watering all down to cool off.. Start Ducking Richard!!:p

RICHARD
07-28-2011, 12:09 PM
:) Texas is Hot Hot & More Hot.. So I needs a Large LIT please withs some of that cold fruit on the side.. Orc go get out the Mega Water Blaster & lets start watering all down to cool off.. Start Ducking Richard!!:p

Thanks for the warning....

One LARGE LIIT, a fruit platter and a towel..

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Wiener with a touch of mustard, please, and any -ade that includes Vodka would be very nice, thank you! I have some crab spiced Utz potato chips for the "local" from here! I'll share! :)

Richard, if you run across Utz you must try them. I know they don't have them on the left coast - KY, I don't know, but it's closer!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Still hot here though we are to cool down to 99 tomorrow!!!

I'd love a big cherry limeade and 7 iced cnt please. Too hot to eat so just give me a slice of watermelon and canteloupe. Oh, and make orc stop spitting seeds at me or I'll get him with the water blaster. :D :love:

slick
07-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I hate to admit it but the other day I was so cold I turned on my fireplace. :eek: We, technically, have not had a summer yet, although we are being teased with the odd day or two in a row where the temp reaches an all time high of **wait for it**........73F. As I sit here and wait for summer to arrive, I'm reminded that it's only 5 months until Christmas. Richard, you'd better dust off that Santa suit. :D:cool:

Jokes aside, please rally up a Spanish Coffee for me please??

**waves** High everyone. :)

catland
07-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Glad to see you back Richard - place just wasn't the same without you. Hope you don't mind the remodeling work that Gini and I did in your absence (hee-hee)

we're having a heat wave - high of 83 for a couple of days and then back into the 70's.:rolleyes:

I'll have a talk with Orc - its not like him to misbehave so much.

Are there any more slushies left over from last week?

pomtzu
07-29-2011, 01:30 PM
We had a little break in the heat, but now we're back in the soup. It's only 90 :rolleyes: right now, but the heat index is 107. :eek: Much of the same 90's+ for the 10 day forecast.

I'll take my usual lemonade please, if Orc didn't squash all the lemons by jumping up and down on them. :rolleyes: Did anyone tell him that you trample grapes for wine, but not lemons????? :confused::p

davidpizzica
07-29-2011, 02:18 PM
RICHARD, I'll get out ye olde cement shushie mixer out of retirement and get Orc to clean the inside with his super-blaster to try and keep him out of trouble. Is that a pile of squashed lemons beside me ?!

pomtzu
07-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Oops - looks like we're a day late and a dollar short when it comes to keeping that one out of trouble. :rolleyes: Do you think he could be trusted to go get more lemons??? Wait.....maybe that's a bad idea afterall. :eek: Maybe I should go instead. :p

davidpizzica
07-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Oops - looks like we're a day late and a dollar short when it comes to keeping that one out of trouble. :rolleyes: Do you think he could be trusted to go get more lemons??? Wait.....maybe that's a bad idea afterall. :eek: Maybe I should go instead. :p

pomtzu,do you think I can trust him to clean the inside of the slushie mixer?

pomtzu
07-29-2011, 02:45 PM
pomtzu,do you think I can trust him to clean the inside of the slushie mixer?

As long as he stays outside and doesn't get in it, thinking it's some kind of tumble amusement park ride. Maybe a leash on him to keep him from getting close enough to get in would work??? :confused:

RICHARD
07-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Wiener with a touch of mustard, please, and any -ade that includes Vodka would be very nice, thank you! I have some crab spiced Utz potato chips for the "local" from here! I'll share! :)

Richard, if you run across Utz you must try them. I know they don't have them on the left coast - KY, I don't know, but it's closer!

One wienie, touch of mustard, crab Utz and spiked lemonade!

DONE!

I haven't been thru the chip section lately, I'll make an effort next time!

MOFF,

One cherry limeade and 7 iced CNTs, A melon platter and a seed shield!

Orc, behave yourself!

DONE!

Slick,

One cafe espanol and warmer weather!

I'll have to go into the L&F for the Santra suit!

DONE!

HI Catland.

Love the new wallpaper, the spilled mustard won't be so obvious!;)

One Lime slushie..

Are those your pants on the rafters?

DONE!

POM,

It's the only way to keep the ORC out of trouble.

I made sure he washed his feet anyway!:eek:;)

DONE!

David,

You and Pom can babysit the ORC while I work the grill....:D

Release the seement mixer!

DONE!

gini
07-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Thank goodness it is Friday. I will put this in writing - A ROUND OF DRINKS FOR THE HOUSE - ALL ON ME!!!

Is the BBQ still doing its thing? What are we having tonight?

I'll have whatever it is.............I will be back - gotta go close up shop.

I hope the lemon slushies with Vodka are ready when I return...........ORC.......OH ORCIE..........WHERE ARE YOU???

Pinot's Mom
07-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Was the bar closed last night or just quiet? Good morning everyone! Gotta get to work; no housekeeper this week, so it's time to clean. Had coffee and english muffins - brought some for everyone with some extra tomatoes from the garden; help yourselves! Day 14 at over 90F and no relief in sight! Have a great day, y'all!:)

slick
07-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Hey PM: I'm setting up my household budget for retirement and am on the fence whether or not I keep my housecleaner. I'm hooked on having one even though there is only me and Merlin. If I had to evalutate it, she saves me about 4 hours work per week. In my opinion, that's a big chunk of time that I could be spending giving bck to my local animal shelter. Guess my mind's made up, eh? Happy cleaning.

Good morning everyone. I brought some baileys and canadian back bacon. We can use PM's english muffins and make Eggs Bennie. Anyone in????

We BC'ers have a long weekend so bring on the sunshine. Have family stuff today, road trip tomorrow, and lunch with a friend on Monday. A taste of retirement? Yeeessssss!!!!!! Soon. 12 more months, 12 more months, 12 more months...

RICHARD
07-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Thank goodness it is Friday. I will put this in writing - A ROUND OF DRINKS FOR THE HOUSE - ALL ON ME!!!

Is the BBQ still doing its thing? What are we having tonight?

I'll have whatever it is.............I will be back - gotta go close up shop.

I hope the lemon slushies with Vodka are ready when I return...........ORC.......OH ORCIE..........WHERE ARE YOU???

G,

We can have anything you like.

Lemon slushies for the bar!

DONE!

PM,

The heat index here has been killer the last few weeks.

I think we are at almost two weeks of +90 days!

Mmmmmmm, Maters!

Slick,

Congrats and the time will fly by, trust me.

Eggs Bennies?

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
07-31-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey PM: I'm setting up my household budget for retirement and am on the fence whether or not I keep my housecleaner. I'm hooked on having one even though there is only me and Merlin. If I had to evalutate it, she saves me about 4 hours work per week. In my opinion, that's a big chunk of time that I could be spending giving bck to my local animal shelter. Guess my mind's made up, eh? Happy cleaning.

Good morning everyone. I brought some baileys and canadian back bacon. We can use PM's english muffins and make Eggs Bennie. Anyone in????

Even though it's lunchtime, I'll go for Eggs Bennie! Maybe bloody mary's to go with? I'm kind of focused on tomato products these days!;)

Slick, our housekeeper will be non-negotiable for as long as she wants to be here. She was my mother in law's (Helen) housekeeper when my husband was young. When Helen became very ill the last year of her life and came to live with us, Theresa was her companion. She cleaned Helen's portion of our house, kept her company one day a week; she's just always been part of the family. When Helen passed away, and Theresa went to hand back her house key, I couldn't stand it. I said to Coop, why don't you ask her to stay on? She said, well, we'll try it for a few weeks, and the rest is history. She's been with us for several years. So, as long as she keeps going, she's part of our little family!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Our county fair was this week. It was so hot they served BBQ beef to BBQ people!!! :D

Tomorrow it gets really hot. 106 with heat index of 115. It will stay that way until Thursday when it cools down to 100. I've started having nightmares about my electric bill.:eek:

Double cherry limeade please? :love:

slick
08-03-2011, 09:50 AM
**knock knock** Anyone there?
Sheesh it's quiet. Everyone must be at MOFF's county fair eatin' home made bumbleberry pie.

MOFF: I can't even imagine surviving in heat like that. When it hits 75F here I'm ready to melt.

Since there's no bartender on duty I'm just going to help myself to a Spanish Coffee to get my day started. BFH still giving me grief but I just keep reminding myself that I only have one more year left. :)

Lady's Human
08-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Being that it's Thursdays' #440, I think I'll take a 6-pack! (Ba da bump!)

Actually, after being outside in the lovely humidity, I think I actually need a 6 pack, minus the tranny fluid chaser, please.

Pinot's Mom
08-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Has been quiet here lately, but I haven't had much time myself. FULL schedule especially at work. Stopping by with some yummy homemade chocolates to share! Help yourselves! :)

RICHARD
08-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Let me start up a new thread and we can all convene again.

Lady'sOtherHuman
08-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Being as this is the only place I usually post (other than Patch's latest adventures in Cat General) I thought I would let you guys know. I am going to the doctor tomorrow morning (Friday) to find out what is going to be done to fix my left leg. They have said they want to stretch all the muscles in my leg and then put it in a cast and then when that is done fit me with a brace so that I can walk better. So any prayers or positive thought you can send my way will be greatly appreciated and send some for LH too, being as he will have to help me a great deal when this whole thing starts. Thanks guys.:D

Karen
08-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Prayers on the way, Jenn! Paul would recommend screaming when the doctor enters the room, but I advocate the opposite! ;)

RICHARD
08-05-2011, 07:35 AM
LOH,

Sending good thoughts out to you.

Everything will be o.k.!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
08-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Prayers sent!
Good luck!

gini
08-05-2011, 11:01 AM
A candle has been lit in prayer for you. I hope your appointment has gone well.

wombat2u2004
08-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I think that a since we are in the hottest part of the year......Wom, no comments from you!;)

Just thought I'd let you all cook and melt a little over the last week before I let you know that it's a very mild winter here....nice and cool all of the time...hee hee :p:p

wombat2u2004
08-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Being as this is the only place I usually post (other than Patch's latest adventures in Cat General) I thought I would let you guys know. I am going to the doctor tomorrow morning (Friday) to find out what is going to be done to fix my left leg. They have said they want to stretch all the muscles in my leg and then put it in a cast and then when that is done fit me with a brace so that I can walk better. So any prayers or positive thought you can send my way will be greatly appreciated and send some for LH too, being as he will have to help me a great deal when this whole thing starts. Thanks guys.:D

Hope they can fix it all up for ya M8. Positive thoughts and prayers sent from downunder. ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
08-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Thanks guys, I went to the doctor, fortunately I'll only be getting a cast up to my knee so I can still walk around and go to work and stuff. It will be for one month and then they will fit me with a brace if my foot can get to a neutral position.

Lady's Human
08-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Neutral? My wife?

I'll be good, there are too many comments I can make about that.........

wombat2u2004
08-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys, I went to the doctor, fortunately I'll only be getting a cast up to my knee so I can still walk around and go to work and stuff. It will be for one month and then they will fit me with a brace if my foot can get to a neutral position.

Now you can take total control.
There's nothing better than lower leg caste to keep hubby in line.
One kick to his kneebone every now and again will let him know who the REAL boss is....hee hee :p:D