PDA

View Full Version : Mystic is seriously sick!

catnapper
07-28-2011, 05:19 AM
I noticed the other day that Mystic was licking himself. I looked and nothing was raw or inflamed (but it was a little bit "excited") so I decided to just watch him for a few days.

This morning, hubby saw him squatting. I got out of bed to look at his backside, and he SCREAMED. His bladder was full, but now is completely empty.... its all landed in my lap. He emptied his bladder in my lap! :eek: :eek:

At least he's not blocked. He's also out and about instead of hiding, but definitely wants to be left alone.

Its 6 AM here and the vet doesn't open til 9. Its gonna be a long few hours and I have already developed a stress headache. Any ideas between now and the vet????

Scooter's Mom
07-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Saying prayers for your sweet Mystic. Poor fellow.

Medusa
07-28-2011, 07:32 AM
I'm so sorry about poor Mystic. No advice for you, just prayers that he'll start feeling better as soon as your vet sees him. :love:

phesina
07-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Prayers for dear Mystic (and you) that this is something that can be fixed up easily.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
07-28-2011, 09:25 AM
:love::love:
WE are sending All Our Prayers for Dear Mystic :love::love:
and we are praying that he is all better soon.
:love::cool:
He certainly did give you a surprise.:love::love:

Randi
07-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Poor Mystic. :( By now, he has probably seen a vet. I hope it's something that is easily cured and he will feel better soon! Sending lots of good wishes. :love:

astrid
07-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I hope is nothing serious :(

Love, good thoughts and prayers :love: Get well soon sweet Mystic!

Catty1
07-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Prayers for Mystic! :love::love::love:

Freedom
07-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Could he have passed a bladder stone? That is all that comes to mind from the description.

Prayers from RI for Mystic! -- and for you too. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Poor Mystic.:( I hope it can be easily treated.

A few weeks ago Alani was straining to pee and he was only making very tiny pee biscuits. Luckily he wasn't blocked and his bladder was also empty. He was on Buprenex for several days and it did the trick. He also received 2 rounds of sub-q fluids. I was told that in case sub-q fluids would help him a lot.

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Mystic's way.

katladyd
07-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Sending good wishes and prayers Mystic's way! Feel better soon handsome boy!:love:

cassiesmom
07-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Prayers for Mystic!

Malibu's Mom
07-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Oh my - I said a prayer that there is nothing seriously wrong with Mystic. Sending lots of love and good thoughts to the both of you. :love:

catnapper
07-28-2011, 07:39 PM
What a long, long day!

I had to work so hubby and Cameron took Mystic to the vet. I hate not being there when the vet checks my guys, but at least he got there.

The vet thinks he was blocked, at least partially, and unblocked when I picked him up to check his belly. His pee-pee is bruised and he has crystals. He has CD food and Clavimox. Now I have three boys with crystal problems.... Pouncer, Mikey, Mystic. Can you hear the heavy sigh??

Hubby said Mystic hid behind the mini fridge the vet has in the office for meds. When I called mid-day, they said he was very scared. That broke my heart :( Whenever I called for Pouncer they told me that he was chilling out and loving the attention the techs gave him. But poor Mystic was terrified.

He's home now, content to be home and chilling out on the bed. Thanks for htte prayers and thoughts :love:

Freedom
07-28-2011, 08:05 PM
So glad he is home!

Hmm, try to think positive. With 3 on the special food, you don't have to worry about someone eating the "wrong" stuff!

OK, I tried.

Praying that the food and Clavimox help him to feel better quickly. Even though by the sounds of it, he feels better just being HOME!

catnapper
07-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Hmm, try to think positive. With 3 on the special food, you don't have to worry about someone eating the "wrong" stuff!

Yup, my thoughts exactly! :D

I'm going to try and feed the girls and Harry one food and the other boys seperately --- soooo much easier said than done. Otherwise I'm going to have to feed prescription food to 7 cats. I did it when I had 5 cats, so whats two more?

The funny thing? As I sat cross-legged on the bedroom floor and a stream of pee flew across the room and into my lap, all I could was, "drat, I can't get up and grab a container for the pee!" I kept thinking the pee was "wasted" on my jammies and comforter. Strange thoughts go through your head as your "baby" is sick.

mrspunkysmom
07-28-2011, 11:46 PM
I hope Mystic continues to improve.

krazyaboutkatz
07-29-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm sorry to hear that he too has crystals.:( Hopefully the new diet and clavimox will help him feel better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

I have to feed Alani & Blaze a different diet than my other four cats because they don't do well on a grain free diet. Luckily they're already used to eating in the hall bathroom away from the other four. Good luck with the new feeding routine.:)

katladyd
07-29-2011, 01:25 AM
I have a cat with pee issues and he has to be fed grain free. Well, I just feed all three of my boys grain free (I believe in it anyway) and that makes it simple. Ming has suffered from chronic blockages so he is on meds as well. I swear, my next cat will be a girl (I keep saying that....:rolleyes:)

moosmom
07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
Kim,

I'm so sorry to hear about Mystic. Crystals is one of the reasons I've changed dry food for my cats. I give them Buffalo Wilderness. Haven't had a problem since.

Thoughts and prayers for Mystic. I'm here if you want to talk!

Pinot's Mom
07-29-2011, 11:55 AM
So glad Mystic is home; but I'm sorry about the crystals. I am sure he'll continue to improve. Good luck! Kitty kisses for Mystic.:love:

"I give them Buffalo Wilderness. Haven't had a problem since." Donna, I finally became convinced; it took 4 years. I bought Wilderness about two weeks ago and, after we work down the science diet a little more, I'll start the incorporation of the new food. I'm just a slow learner.:rolleyes:

katladyd
07-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Donna convinced me to go with Blue Buffalo Wilderness dry. I swear by the stuff now!! I feed that and Solid Gold Indigo Moon, another fantastic dry food. They get Wellness for their canned. All of my boys have thrived on these foods!

catnapper
07-29-2011, 05:17 PM
My silly boys! Pouncer and Mikey hated the CD food and refused to eat it. Now that they don't need to eat it, they want it :rolleyes:

Mystic is still straining and is just awful to medicate - it taked two of us to get the liquid into his mouth. I could kick hubby for allowing the vet to give me liquid meds! I much prefer a good old pill over liquid any day.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Aw, so sorry about Mystic. Extra prayers and luvies for him!!! :love::love:

jenluckenbach
07-29-2011, 06:45 PM
So sorry about Mystic.

His bladder release, while unpleasant for you, could have saved his life.

I feed the urinary prescription Royal Canin SO to ALL the cats for this very reason. Even Little Kim needs to be on it as she was diagnosed with crystals way back when I first got her.

And I feel your pain about the liquid meds, give me a pill any day!!

phesina
07-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Continuing prayers and good thoughts and healing energies for dear Mystic.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: