PDA

View Full Version : The Comfort Thread

dukedogsmom
07-27-2011, 11:51 PM
I got this idea after I had bumped Duke's memorial thread. I don't come here a lot anymore. Sometimes its just too painful. Just seeing his picture can bring on unwanted emotions. Anyway, I wanted us all to have a place to say whatever, post pics, share good news. What do you think?

caseysmom
07-28-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm going to be a grandma of twin girls Val. My daughter just bought her first little house. I'm so excited I could bust!

When I first joined pettalk your love for Duke touched me so much, the memory is a good thing to me, hopefully someday it won't be filled with any pain for you.

dukedogsmom
07-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Congrats! That should be lots of fun for you, getting to spoil twice as much.
I keep waiting for that day, as well. Been since 06 and I had looked at the sig pic and teared up. He was a very special dog.
On a happier note, I fly out Saturday to be with my fiance. Then a few more months, get married and move to Iowa. I'm stressed about moving and getting new job. I've not looked for a job in a long time.

caseysmom
07-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Congratulations thats great news, you deserve some happiness.

Karen
07-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Sending you hugs, and best wishes on the move and the new state et all. All the cars on roadsides in Iowa have no idea their days of fame are approaching! ;)

moosmom
07-28-2011, 08:18 AM
I am SO happy for you Val! You certainly deserve happiness in your life. Duke was a great dog. A very SPECIAL dog! He also holds a special place in my heart after accepting Doogie into his life.

A big THANK YOU!!! to you for taking Doogie in. I couldn't have asked for a better home! Would you indulge me in a picture???

;):love::love: and hugs,

Donna and fur crew

phesina
07-28-2011, 09:19 AM
{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ of comfort and peace to you.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

happylabs
07-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Well this is a wonderful idea. A "good news" thread. I am all for that!

Sorry you are missing your sweet boy so much. Some pets are more difficult to lose for some reason. I still miss Casey but thankfully my cat Buddy has taken over being the dog of the house and when I come home he is always in the window waiting for me. :love:

The best news I have is that my son got married in June and is happy and I love my new daughter-in-law!