PDA

View Full Version : Good Thoughts Needed!

Roxyluvsme13
07-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi, PT!

I know I'm not around much, due to my lack of internet, though I'm currently borrowing a connection that I can get near my house, so yay!

Anyway, can you all think some good thoughts and say some prayers for me?

I just applied for a veterinary assistant job that I really want. It's only 11 minutes from my house, and about 11 minutes from campus too. It would be the perfect thing for me.

And I really need the job too, we're struggling financially right now and we need the money.

So, good thoughts and prayers? I'd appreciate it! :)

pomtzu
07-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Positive thoughts and vibes headed your way from DE. It sounds like the ideal job for you. Think positive - and good luck!:)

And how about delivering a kiss to Lily from me, please. :D:love:

Roxyluvsme13
07-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Positive thoughts and vibes headed your way from DE. It sounds like the ideal job for you. Think positive - and good luck!:)

And how about delivering a kiss to Lily from me, please. :D:love:
Thank you, I'm trying to!!!

I most definitely will :D, she'll return the kiss! :)

dukedogsmom
07-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Paws and fingers crossed for you. I hope you get it! Would be a wonderful job.

Karen
07-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Prayers on the way!

happylabs
07-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Prayers and good thoughts coming your way! :)

moosmom
07-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Prayers coming!! Use me if you need a reference!!!!

kuhio98
07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
All paws, fingers and whiskers crossed here! :D

Bonny
07-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Sending positive thoughts your way & hope you get the assistant job. :)

Roxyluvsme13
07-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Thank you all!

The anticipation is KILLING me. I think I was one of the first people to come by and apply for the position... I don't have any work experience or anything, but I listed my volunteer work (animal shelter, vet clinic) so maybe that'll help me out. I mean, everything I've done is animal-related, and I'm an Animal Science major, so maybe those things will help me out.

I'm just really nervous and anxious!

Karen
07-27-2011, 08:04 PM
You can even tell them you're a long-term member in good standing of Pet Talk! ;)

phesina
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Prayers and good thoughts are coming your way from us. Here's hoping this job comes through for you!

K9karen
07-27-2011, 10:20 PM
we "Karens" think alike!! I was going to say you can lots of references from PT! I mean, really, is there any better source of animal love???? Good luck! You'd be perfect! I hope it works out for you. Fingers and paws crossed (plus all sorts of digit crossing!)

Roxyluvsme13
07-28-2011, 10:43 AM
I never thought of using PT as a reference, haha. That would have been a good thing to do!

Still haven't heard anything about the job... Guess it might take a couple of days?

moosmom
07-28-2011, 11:01 AM
FOLLOW-UP, FOLLOW-UP, FOLLOW-UP!!! Did you send a thank you note for the interview??? Just a little "sisterly" advice. They like when you follow up, and thank you notes show that you're not giving up.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, kiddo. The anticipation is killing ME too!!!

:love::love: and hugs

Roxyluvsme13
07-28-2011, 11:35 AM
FOLLOW-UP, FOLLOW-UP, FOLLOW-UP!!! Did you send a thank you note for the interview??? Just a little "sisterly" advice. They like when you follow up, and thank you notes show that you're not giving up.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, kiddo. The anticipation is killing ME too!!!

:love::love: and hugs
Nope, I just filled out an application, but if I get an interview, I'll send them a thank you note.

I just looked online and they've taken their ad off craigslist, so now I'm guessing they're sorting through applications and trying to figure out who to call for an interview.

Alysser
07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Good luck, Bri! I really hope you hear back. Don't expect TOO much of course, I know how that is. :rolleyes: But I wish you the best of luck, and really hope this works out for you!!

sana
07-28-2011, 01:31 PM
I pray that you get an awesome job with a good salary and you are extremely happy with it!! :) Lots of good thoughts and prayers!! :love: :)

Asiel
07-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Best of luck and I hope they stop at your application and decide they've found what they need...keeping fingers crossed that your phone will start ringing.

Roxyluvsme13
07-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Well, I didn't hear anything today... They could take the rest of the week to review applications, if they received a lot that is, and then pick someone to start next week? That would be my guess.

I'll just keep waiting and hopefully I'll hear something. I would at least appreciate an interview!

luvofallhorses
07-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Good luck, Bri! :) If you haven't heard anything from them within a week or so call them. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
07-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Good luck. I hope that you'll at least get a chance to have an interview with them.:)

Roxyluvsme13
07-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Well, I didn't hear anything today... I'm not feeling very hopeful anymore, but at least I have some other job options to apply to.

Karen
07-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Call them first thing on Monday morning, be extra cheery and say "Hi, I'm Brianna Jones*, I have an application in for the X position, and was wondering if I could speak to someone about how the process is going ..." It will show them you are still eager to work there, and good at follow-through, just in case they are still deciding!