PDA

View Full Version : Silly nicknames we give our pets

ToBeEvergreen
07-25-2011, 11:38 PM
I'd love to hear any nicknames you all have for your babies, and the stories behind them!

Cassie gets called "Casserole" so often I was afraid at one point she thought that was her real name. :eek:

kokopup
07-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Koko usually just gets called puppy or puddin. Usually the only time I call her Koko is if I'm calling her when she is off leash or I'm really trying to get her attention, and is usually accompanied by "Come" or "NO". When we are chilling out watching TV then she is "my precious girl". ............ My son calls her Coconut.

Rascal on the other hand is always a Rascal, but I call him "buddy boy" if I'm asking him a question, like, "hows it going buddy boy?"

krazyaboutkatz
07-26-2011, 01:04 AM
My cats have several nicknames.

Storm- I call him "Big Blue"because he's a large cat and he has blue grey fur. I also call him "Stormy Storm" and "Jelly Face" because he's a very jealous cat. Sometimes I also call him "grumpy old man" since he gets moody and he's now 15 years old. I also call him Bubba and Buddy.

Sky- Bush Baby, Sky Baby, Mr Sky, and probably a few others that I can't think of right now. I also call him Bubba and Buddy.

Pearl- Pearly Girl, Pearly Butt, Pesty Pearl, Miss Priss, Big Girl, Bugaboo, and a few others. I also call her Peanut, Pearly Whirly, and Bugs.

Ziggy Stardust- Ziggy, Ziggy The Piggy, Baby Girl, Bush Baby and a few others. I also call her Baby Sweety, Ziggs, and Miss Ziggy.

Alani & Blaze- Baby Boys, Fluff Butts, Stinky Little Boys, Redheads

Alani- Trouble, The Biting Love Bug

Blaze- Rascal, Blazey

happylabs
07-26-2011, 07:30 AM
LOL @ casserole. Kitty casserole.

Oh my I have tons of names and the funny thing is my cats will come to their names at times but not always. You all are going to think I am off my rocker when you see these. :D

Buddy: Bun, Bunny, Bunna Boo (these all came from the fact that the white fur on him looks like a soft bunny), Bubba, Stinky Boy, Tinky Boy, Tin Boys (this evolved from Stinky to Tinky to Tin...I forget why, but he was stinky a long ways back) and Sweet Boy. "Where's my sweet boy"

Tinker Belle: Tink, Mink, Mink Mink, Mink O Mink, Mitten, Kitten Mitten, Tinker Pie. After she was Tink for many years, one day I said we should have called her Mitten since her paws are white.

Mama: Mom, Moms, Sweetie Girl, MaaaaaMa.

I love my kitties!

pomtzu
07-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Oh my - my two have lots of nicknames. ;)

Myndi: Minnie, Minders, Ninner-nuts, Blackie, Miss Prettiness, Missy-Poo, The Myn (if Donald Trump can be "The Donald", then she can be "The Myn"), Mouth (barking related), Jaws (she can destroy any toy in record time)

Sparky: Sparks, Sparky-Doodle, Sparkly Do-Daddle, Sparkles, Doodle-Monster, Burger-Miester, Whitey, Marshmallow (from when his hair gets long and makes him look round and fat), Stretch (he's great at stretching exercises - has to stretch several times when he gets up from laying down)

And there's more for both, but these are the most used. :)

happylabs
07-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Oh my - my two have lots of nicknames. ;)

Myndi: Minnie, Minders, Ninner-nuts, Blackie, Miss Prettiness, Missy-Poo, The Myn (if Donald Trump can be "The Donald", then she can be "The Myn"), Mouth (barking related), Jaws (she can destroy any toy in record time)

Sparky: Sparks, Sparky-Doodle, Sparkly Do-Daddle, Sparkles, Doodle-Monster, Burger-Miester, Whitey, Marshmallow (from when his hair gets long and makes him look round and fat), Stretch (he's great at stretching exercises - has to stretch several times when he gets up from laying down)

And there's more for both, but these are the most used. :)

LOL @ Ninner-nuts. :D

Love "The Myn". :p

Pinot's Mom
07-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Do not ask the origin of some of these; my husband and I are not right in the head, but at least we're together...;)

Pinot: Pinot-girl, Princess Pinot, The Queen, Queenie, Pretty Girl, "my kitten", baby girl, fuzzbutt, sandy pants (that one is the catsitter's), kitten child, The Huntress, Roop Kitty, Cheese-a-holic, Poopy Girl, Piddly Girl, Piglet...I'm sure there are more....

RB Jamara: Boo-Face, Boo-Face Kitty, Beffers, Kitten Witten, Beffers-Weffers, mouse hunter, undoubtedly more, but it's been a long while...:love:

:) fun thread!

cassiesmom
07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Cassie... let's see... Cassie Lassie- came from a friend of mind from church, Cassie Molassie- came from another Cassie we know from Catster; Boo- I have no idea where this came from! missy madam kitty (usually when she's demanding her way or being a furry trip line- "Missy madam, scuse you"); Baby Cat- came from Glacier's babydog Tehya.

Fur-nephew Milo... Bud, Buddy ("Milo! Hi, Bud!") Because it just fits him.

P.S. for Sparky-- If Myndi can be The Myn, you can be The Sparks :love:

ToBeEvergreen
07-26-2011, 08:48 PM
... pet owners are the best kind of crazy :P.

Taffy: Laughy Taffy, Taff-Taff, Brown-Eyes

Cassie: Goofball, Cass,

Mario: Little Guy, Mar

Luigi: Mario Brother (Mario videogame series reference ;) ).

As a bonus, one of our turtles is named Edward after Edward Scissor Hands, because of his long claws.

Roxyluvsme13
07-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh dear... the nickname list is expansive for my 3.

Lily: Lulu, Lulu Butt, Roo, Roo Doo, Doo Bird, Boo Butt, Boo Boo, Gushkabeena, Poopster, Barky Butt (She's a Pom, what d'ya expect? :D)... That's all I can think of for now.

Tallulah: Taloo, Taloosie Goosie, Buttwipe.

Domino: Domeeno, Munchkin.

Gato'smum
10-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Well, I still refer to Gato as my 'boy', even though he's almost 11...does that count? :p

dab_20
10-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Molli: Poody, Poody Girl, Stinky (she has horrendous breath! lol), Poofy, Mollers

Sammy: Sam, Sammy Balami, Samuel (lol), Buddy

Springen: Spring, Springoo, Springy

happylabs
10-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Well, I still refer to Gato as my 'boy', even though he's almost 11...does that count? :p

Your Gato is a gorgeous Tuxie. :) :love:

I have a new one to add to my previous post.
I have been calling her Monkey because if you hold your hand abover her head she will sit up like one of those little organ grinder monkeys and bump the bottom of your hand to pet her. :D

Taz_Zoee
10-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh boy, I missed this thread! :D Here we go!

Zoee - Zo dog, Zo bow, Pretty Girl, Girl Dog, Zo doggie dog, Zoee bowie, Zo-Zo, Zo girl

Taggart - Tagg, Tagg-tagg-tiggity-tagg, Boy Dog, Goofball, Taggurt, Silly Dog/Boy

Paizly - Paizly Poo, Poop, Poopers, Poop-a-loop, Paiz, Girl Cat, Baby Girl

Jax - Jaxter, Jaxter Maxter, BRAT (when he messes with Paizly), Boy Cat, Little Boy, Jaxter Maxter Baxter Daxter

The nickname most commonly used among our pets is Poop for Paizly. We'll say "where's Poop?" or if someone asks who is that or who did that the answer is Poop.

There are probably tons more that I just can't think of right now.

Asiel
10-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Here's just a few I use but she has too many to list...sweetie poo - cutie pie - yappy yappy - cute spoile brat - your royal highness - princess - peanut - sweetheart - fouine - baracuda--

Jo W.
10-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Roxanne: Purr Baby, Motor Cat (due to loud purrs), Cuddly Thing, Farting Machine. Lately, she's been doing some really rotten silent but deadly farts. One day she was sitting on the back of a chair in the livingroom and farted in my boyfriend's ear! LOL :D