PDA

View Full Version : Comet

opschick
07-24-2011, 05:03 AM
What a lovely tribute to you Comet. I can see your family loved you very much and took care of you. I am sure you are looking down at them waching over them now..

robintwin
07-24-2011, 07:57 AM
What a nice bio you wrote for Comet! I love his name, a great name for a great dog! Those pics were the best, with him and the rat, the big "WINK" ;)in one, and Comet and the pillow! Very nice tribute to your amazing dog.....:love:Robin from KS

chocolatepuppy
07-24-2011, 08:32 AM
It sounds like Comet was a wonderful dog! What a nice tribute to him being DOTD! I hope this day is special for the humans who are missing him.
He will always be in your hearts.:love:

tatsxxx11
07-24-2011, 09:18 AM
To the family of precious Comet, to the lovely writer of this beautiful tribute.

What a very special doggie your beautiful Comet was, truly one in a million, and a Dog of a Lifetime.:love: I wasn't able to get half way through his tribute before the tears began to fall, and after looking at his pictures, more tears.

How lucky you were to have had the privilege of growing up with such a beautiful best friend, the sweetest, gentlest, most loving dog a family could ever hope for. Comet was destined to be yours, no doubt, and how blessed you and he were to have shared so many wonderful, love filled years together, though we all know it is never long enough.:( But till the end, despite his health challenges, he continued to enjoy every moment of life, and share in the love of his family and friends, knowing until the moment he earned his angel wings, how much he was loved by his family.

Meeting your Comet today has brought back many special memories. Long ago I had a neighbor who had a Lab x named Comet; he looked so much like your Comet, and like yours, he too was the kindest and most gentle of souls, beloved by all in the neighborhood and everyone he came to know, humans and furry ones.

When it became clear that my Lab Jingles would not be with us but a few more days, we took her to her favorite place on earth, to the beach. And though frail, she was able to enjoy one last time, that which she loved doing most, just as your Comet was able to enjoy his beloved snow. That was a very special gift you gave him.

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful boy with us, your memories and heart melting photos. I wish I could give you a hug, and tell you in person how sorry I am for your great loss. And though we know no one can ever take his place, hopefully one day you will know the love of another dog, and hopefully he or she will be half the dog that Comet was; those are some very big pawprints to fill.:love:

I know Comet is looking down on you today from the Rainbow Bridge, sending you his love, and thanking you for giving him the best life any dog could ever hope for. Take comfort in that, and in the many happy, cherished memories you shared, and in the knowledge that one day you will be together again.

And to Comet, Dog of a Lifetime, bless you sweet boy for being such a wonderful friend to your family. It was an honor having the chance to meet you, and pay tribute to the amazing, very special best friend and furkid you were. Say hi to my Jingles and Cody for me, and have a happy day, enjoying the party all of our furry angels will be throwing you today!:love::love::love:

lizbud
07-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Comet was a truely beautiful & precious friend to you & your family.:love:
His love of all other living creatures is a true testament to his sweet, gentle
nature. He deserves to be remembered as a wonderful DOG OF THE DAY.:)
Thank you for sharing your memories of him with us.:)

K9karen
07-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Thank you for your lovely tribute to fabulous Comet! What a sweet, handsome, compassionate, brilliant boy he was. I know you will forever have a hole in your heart, but it will also be filled with beautiful memories. Blessings on you, Comet.