PDA

View Full Version : In my morning mail - anyone want to share?

Grace
07-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Imagine my excitement when I opened this email -

Dear beneficiary,

This is to re-notify you of the $300,000.00 USD that was deposited here in
the western union office in your name is available for pickup. Contact us
via email for your M.T.C.N Numbers.

Contact Person:

Mr. Allen Ahmed
Email:[email protected]

Barbara
07-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Yeah that's just how life is- people give you big time money just like this ;)

chocolatepuppy
07-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Please share with all of us here at Pet Talk!:p

wombat2u2004
07-23-2011, 10:32 AM
I think it could be a scam.
But if it isn't, then I'll definately share it with you. :p

pomtzu
07-23-2011, 11:07 AM
I get loads of these every day - every story you can possibly dream up. Thankfully Google does a good job of directing almost all of them to the Spam box. I'd be a multi-millionaire many, many times over, thanks to all of this b.s. that I receive. If only........:rolleyes:

Catty1
07-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Well, ok....but you have to share with everyone who posts on this thread! :p:D

Freedom
07-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Well, ok....but you have to share with everyone who posts on this thread! :p:D

OK I posted! :D

Asiel
07-23-2011, 07:51 PM
I got that only once and remember being so excited until I calmed down and realized it was a scam. Never got another one though....too good to be true.

phesina
07-23-2011, 10:04 PM
My gosh... they're "re-notifying" you, Gretchen.. How did you miss out on the first notification?

Well, look alive this time.. you'd better quickly get in touch with Western Union at their Hotmail address.

Grace
07-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Anyone know what M.T.C.N numbers are?

Absolutely too good to be true - I would be happy to share, but I'm thinking this is a pile of doggie doo :D

Karen
07-23-2011, 10:18 PM
MTCN is "Money Transfer Control Number," it is a 10 digit number transaction number provided by western union after sender finishes the transaction.

And yes, that email is a scam, like so many, many, many others.

I love the ones where they say someone "with the same surname as you" has left you money, but never bother to say what the surname is!

Grace
07-23-2011, 10:26 PM
I knew it was a scam the moment I saw the title of the email. I wonder - how many people actually fall for this line of crap? Probably enough to keep them trying.

wombat2u2004
07-23-2011, 11:52 PM
I got an email once from a Mexican who wanted to buy my daughters.
I followed it up, and at the last moment realised it was a scam, and I'd get no money at all....that's when I pulled the plug on the deal. :p

carole
07-24-2011, 05:20 AM
sad to say many do fall for these scams, they usually ask you to forward $40.00 or something along those lines before they will release the so called money, of course you never get it, and they pocket it, they can make quite a bit out of it, we here in NZ have been having people from India ringing up and they have been relentless, i have had about 20 calls so far,saying they are from windows and you need to get your computer seen to ,they then hack in to your computer and take your passwords and can get your credit card numbers etc, apparently they have made 10 million dollars doing so,and you cannot trace them either. My answer to them is straight away, sorry don't have a computer, goodbye.

I had a facebook one the other day that said i had won $500.000 pounds, yeah right, i am never tempted by these, as one knows if you don't enter it, why would you have won anything.

Anyway have fun spending the money in your dreams .:D

lizbud
07-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Only $300,000.00 ??? No enough to bother with really.:)

pomtzu
08-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Wow - I got my biggest payout yet. One of them in this a.m.'s junk mail was for $100,000,000. It was from a foundation in Italy. I knew those Italians were generous, but this is really above and beyond. Makes me proud to be an Italian! :rolleyes::p:D
And of course when I get the funds transferred to my bank, I'll remember all my PT friends and will share generously with all of you! :)

gini
08-21-2011, 12:31 PM
My goodness, I decide to look at Pet Talk posts and what do I find?
Money is just being thrown up in the air and raining back down. Everyone
is in a giddy frenzy and rushing to their Western Union office to get their MTCN number.

Hmmm, I'd better go back and review my new emails to see if Ahmed has contacted me. I sure hope so.

wombat2u2004
08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow - I got my biggest payout yet. One of them in this a.m.'s junk mail was for $100,000,000. It was from a foundation in Italy. I knew those Italians were generous, but this is really above and beyond. Makes me proud to be an Italian! :rolleyes::p:D
And of course when I get the funds transferred to my bank, I'll remember all my PT friends and will share generously with all of you! :)

Wow Buddy, a cool 100 mil ???
I'm so glad that you are my best friend and favourite PT'er Ellie.
Yes, I've always believed that one day we can wed and live happily ever after.
And we'll do that right after we sign the 50/50 pre-nup my lawyer has just drawn up. :p:p

Grace
08-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow Buddy, a cool 100 mil ???
I'm so glad that you are my best friend and favourite PT'er Ellie.
Yes, I've always believed that one day we can wed and live happily ever after.
And we'll do that right after we sign the 50/50 pre-nup my lawyer has just drawn up. :p:p

Ellie, if you believe this swill, let's talk about that bridge a bit north of you.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4JwgKzbucH6V_uciMk2WhraMnnKRVK 65RE5mKa1sVS-uvah5DnA

wombat2u2004
08-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Ellie, if you believe this swill, let's talk about that bridge a bit north of you.

Swill ???? Well it isn't about the money you know !!!! Just because my dearest received that email this morning is just a coincidence. :D

pomtzu
08-21-2011, 07:23 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4JwgKzbucH6V_uciMk2WhraMnnKRVK 65RE5mKa1sVS-uvah5DnA
You'd better not be trying to sell my Brooklyn Bridge!!! :mad: :D

Swill ???? Well it isn't about the money you know !!!! Just because my dearest received that email this morning is just a coincidence. :D

Wom Darlin - just as soon as I send that nice Italian Foundation all of my private banking details, the money will be on it's way into my account. This is a dream come true - mega millions and Wom too. :love: What more could I possible ask for??? :rolleyes:

We really do need a little "barfy face" icon - so many times I've had a use for one!

Marigold2
08-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I would notifiy the post office general.

pomtzu
08-22-2011, 05:54 AM
I would notifiy the post office general.

What???? :confused::confused::confused: Did I miss something here? I don't get it.

ETA:
Okay - I'm awake now - now I get it.
Since this thread is about internet email scams, I don't see how anyone could confuse it for a Postal Service scam. That would be pretty scary to think that these low-lifes actually had my name and address. :eek:

chocolatepuppy
08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
The partys on me, my friends! Look what I got!!!:cool:

[Attn;
N.B: Your Grant Qualification Code ( OFID/SAJ01/OGA2/55 )
The sum of £745,816 British Pounds Sterling has been awarded to you as Grant Donation/Award from OFID. Contact Mr. Kelvin Green by replying to this notification.] :p

wombat2u2004
08-23-2011, 08:25 PM

[Attn;
The sum of £745,816 British Pounds Sterling has been awarded to you as Grant Donation/Award from OFID. Contact Mr. Kelvin Green by replying to this notification.] :p

Hey, this is not fair. You Americans are getting bigger payouts than us Aussies. :p

Bonny
08-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Wait till Uncle Sam finds out your pocketing the dough! :D Your all going to end up in Sing Sing. LOL!

pomtzu
08-24-2011, 08:48 AM

[Attn;

Hey - just a cotton-pickin' minute here. This guy Kelvin has sent me mail on several occasions, telling me basically the same thing. You don't think he's trying to scam us, do ya'??? :rolleyes::p:D

chocolatepuppy
08-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey - just a cotton-pickin' minute here. This guy Kelvin has sent me mail on several occasions, telling me basically the same thing. You don't think he's trying to scam us, do ya'??? :rolleyes::p:D

It seems he's two timing us Ellie!!!:D:p

chocolatepuppy
12-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Now I have GOLD coming!!!:eek: Got this email today!;)

Good Day to you all.
My name is Precious Charles, a nationality of Ghana. Am a local farmer by profession. I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise, but i really need your help.
5 days ago when i got to my farm in the process of my weeding and uprooting a certain tree, i found a bag containing Gold. And due to the the law passed in my country that if you are not a Gold miner that has the certificate that shows that you are legally able to trade Gold you will be arrested and detained for 15 years in jail. So with the advise of a friend who said that i should seek the help of a foreigner who i can transfer the Gold to him to her so that he or she can help me sell it.
That is why i decided to write to as many that gets this mail. according to what i heard that Gold belong to the owner of the farm who was a local Gold miner. And i don't want to mingle with my people, because if they find out they will either kill me or take it away from me. Because as it belongs to a local miner it will cost lots of money if sold.
So if you are willing to help me, write back to me so that i we can proceed to how i can send it to you through custom here in my country you duty is to receive there in your country.

Thanks.

pomtzu
12-05-2011, 03:23 PM
That must be a new one, Annette. I haven't seen that one before. All I ever get is millions and millions of $$$$ from all kinds of sources. I get a real laugh about the one from some military people, claiming how they found millions in barrels on Sadam's property and want me to help get it here to the U.S. Of course, there are some with a newer twist - millions found in Ghadafi's palace. And the crocked banker scams too, wanting me to claim to be some rich deceased person's beneficiary - and we share the same last name. Gee - I didn't know my name was now "undisclosed recipients". :rolleyes:

Grace
12-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Good grief - you are waaaay ahead of the rest of us. Wonder how they got your email address - and when is my invitation coming?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEEmrotYSfycz1_Ahodv0WZB1CSO0Q7 w34NQxD0B5sZhmN6d1T

lizbud
12-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, I don't know wieather to be happy or sad but I never get any of
those offers of money, gold or whatever.:( I'll have to speak to McAfee
about this.

chocolatepuppy
12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
That must be a new one, Annette. I haven't seen that one before. All I ever get is millions and millions of $$$$ from all kinds of sources. I get a real laugh about the one from some military people, claiming how they found millions in barrels on Sadam's property and want me to help get it here to the U.S. Of course, there are some with a newer twist - millions found in Ghadafi's palace. And the crocked banker scams too, wanting me to claim to be some rich deceased person's beneficiary - and we share the same last name. Gee - I didn't know my name was now "undisclosed recipients". :rolleyes:
I don't get many of these Ellie, I think this may be the real deal!:D :p

Good grief - you are waaaay ahead of the rest of us. Wonder how they got your email address - and when is my invitation coming?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEEmrotYSfycz1_Ahodv0WZB1CSO0Q7 w34NQxD0B5sZhmN6d1T

I'll talk to the guy about sending you an invitation, he'll probably find another bag of gold next week. I love that picture, wish I had that stack of gold!!!:cool:

Well, I don't know wieather to be happy or sad but I never get any of
those offers of money, gold or whatever.:( I'll have to speak to McAfee
about this.

I will share with you Liz.;)

lizbud
12-06-2011, 05:10 PM
I will share with you Liz.;)

Gosh thanks, you're a real pal.:D:D