PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

momcat
07-22-2011, 05:14 PM
One of my co-workers established a rescue for the little guys; hamsters, Guinea Pigs, and chinchillas. I got the following e-mail from Danni:

"The main reason that I am writing this email is that we received an SOS from our sister rescue, Have A Heart Guinea Pig Rescue. The email stated that there are 100 guinea pigs in PA that need urgent rescue or they will be killed. A breeder lost contact with their distributor and doesn't want to deal with the piggies that they so irresponsibly bred. We are pulling together with other rescues to attempt not to overwhelm ourselves but we need every llittle bit of help we can get. So we are asking if anyone has a spare corner in their house that they can put a cage and foster a piggie, would you please consider helping us out with this case?

If you know a rescue, run a rescue or volunteer at a rescue that has space or spread the word that would be a great help as well.

If you cannot foster but would like to contribute something, these are things we will be needing:
Mazuri, Oxbow or Kleenmama guinea pig pellets
Food bowls
Water bottles
Fresh fruits & veggies
Timothy hay, Orchard grass, alfalfa hay (Oxbow, Kleenmama, or Sweetmeadow)
Extra cages
Towels, blankets, fleece

We will likely need medical care for the females who are almost all likely pregnant so any monetary donations will be greatly appreciated as well.

Here are the confirmed rescues helping so far:

Have A heart Guinea Pig Rescue - [email protected]
This Little Piggie Rescue - kristi@thislittle piggie rescue.com
Helping All Little Things - [email protected]

Please contact them directly if you would like to donate, foster, adopt or help out in any way."

Freedom
07-22-2011, 06:19 PM
*thunk* Good Heavens! :eek:

Good luck with this effort. The piggies will so appreciate it.

phesina
07-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Prayers for the piggies and all who love them and are trying to help them.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Marigold2
07-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Oh poor little things.

sana
07-23-2011, 03:36 AM
I really really wish I could help! :( What a nice thing these people are doing :)

momcat
07-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi PT friends,
Some of you may remember my post in late March about a mother cat who delivered her 6 beautiful babies in our office courtyard. Danni, who sent me the e-mail, was right there with her friend and fellow rescuer Jaime to tend to the mother cat's needs while protecting the tiny newborns. Both of these fine ladies did an extraordinary job with the new family. Because of them, these babies and their mommy got a chance for the life every pet deserves. Last I heard, several of the kittens are in loving homes and mommycat has been spayed.

Danni established the Help All Little Things rescue. My reason for posting this is to help Danni get the word out about this current need and also to thank her for her love and commitment to all animals. Bless you, Danni!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes :love:

moosmom
07-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Let me know what you find out, Eileen. Like I said on the phone, I have food from when I had Winkie but if they could provide a cage I'd be happy to foster a little piggie.

momcat
07-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Let me know what you find out, Eileen. Like I said on the phone, I have food from when I had Winkie but if they could provide a cage I'd be happy to foster a little piggie.

I'll talk to Danni on Monday and let her know. I'm also sending an e-mail to her rescue.