PDA

View Full Version : Surgical separation was successful

pomtzu
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM
I love fresh summer fruits and veggies, and always buy from the same awesome farm stand every year. The cantaloupes I get there are monsters and average 8 or 9 lbs. A few days ago when I went to pick more up, I found a super monster. :eek: At first I thought it was a conjoined twin, but upon checking it over, it only had one stem, so it must have been a parasitic twin. Obviously - they had to be separated, so this a.m. I performed the delicate procedure with my trusty electric knife. :D The pre-op weight of this poor thing was 12.5 lbs. Yikes!!!! - almost 2 for the price of one. :) I won't post any pictures of the actual procedure since it was way too graphic and messy, but I have before and after pics if anyone is interested. The operation was a success and now they are resting comfortably, all sliced and diced, in my fridge.
I'm going to put a bowl out at Thursday's Bar, so feel free to stop by and sample! :)

Um - NO!!! - I'm not crazy. :rolleyes: I think the heat finally got to me..........:p:D

Bonny
07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
ROFL! That was one huge melon. I hope it is juicy & sweet to eat. :D

Freedom
07-22-2011, 11:43 AM
The cantaloupes I get there are monsters and average 8 or 9 lbs. A few days ago when I went to pick more up, I found a super monster. :eek:

The pre-op weight of this poor thing was 12.5 lbs. Yikes!!!! - almost 2 for the price of one. :)

Your cantaloupes always amaze me. But this? WOW! Glad we have pics to see this monster!

Love your write up, Ellie! LOL :D

happylabs
07-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Oh my that looks delicious! I wish I could grab some through the computer screen. :p

Medusa
07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Good grief, you had me worried there for a sec, Ellie! Glad that your melonectomy went well. :)

P.S. It looks like a pumpkin! Mouthwatering, though.

pomtzu
07-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Good grief, you had me worried there for a sec, Ellie! Glad that your melonectomy went well. :)

P.S. It looks like a pumpkin! Mouthwatering, though.

Tee-hee-hee. I just couldn't resist that tongue in cheek account. I tell ya' - this heat is affecting the old brain. :eek:

And yes - it was a biggy - as big as a small pumpkin. So juicy and sweet - the sign that the farm stand has up, advertises them as "candy-lopes". :D

RICHARD
07-22-2011, 02:39 PM
A woman with nice melons is always a plus. :confused:;)

happylabs
07-22-2011, 02:53 PM

LOL! Glad you haven't lost your sense of humor. :)

pomtzu
07-22-2011, 03:04 PM

LOL! Glad you haven't lost your sense of humor. :)

Yes indeed. Leave it to RICHARD. Glad to see you back. :love:

cassiesmom
07-22-2011, 03:42 PM

It does have a rather ... uhm, anatomical ... shape. If it weren't post-op melonectomy I might have used it to teach rookie nursing students where to give IM shots :eek:!

Seriously, it looks delicious! Look how much fruit you got from it- wow! I like to eat melon in the summertime. Especially the good, sweet "candy-loupe" ones.

pomtzu
07-22-2011, 04:12 PM
It does have a rather ... uhm, anatomical ... shape.

Yup - my son said it looked like someone's gluteus maximus - but he used a more crude and well known term for it. :eek::p:D