PDA

View Full Version : Peggy the Retired Racing Greyhound

NicoleLJ
07-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Remember when I posted a few months ago about Sheena and Luna making a new friend that was a retired racing greyhound. Well she came to visit agian today and this time I remember to take a picture so here she is.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/IMG_3826.jpg

She is looking a ton better. All the bare patches on her body now are covered in soft fur. Her tail no longer has the rings on it and actually looks great. And her fur is so soft that it almost feels like rabbit fur.

She got to meet Sheena today and play with Luna. Sheena only cared about the kong that was being thrown around by Peggy's owner. Peggy raced around the jard several times with Luna and relaxed a lot more quickly then the last few times she was here. Her owner is a young man in his 20's and he can't stop talking about her. I love seeing that kind of joy in a first time dog owner. He says that he has had her about 4 months now and she now gets very excited to see him when he comes home from work. She will seek him out for attention now, and follows him every where. When he takes her for walks she no longer is jumpy but will look to him if she is unsure about something. He says he finally feels like he is getting to know her for really and she is such a sweet, fun loving confidant girl.

cassiesmom
07-23-2011, 12:44 AM
She's so pretty! I like greyhounds.