PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if I'm going to make it

sparks19
07-20-2011, 08:30 AM
67 whole days until our trip to Disney lol.

I'm irritating EVERYONE around me :lol-sign: I've planned everything I can think of to plan. I mean I'm not like a nazi planner like some people I've seen. There is no "we must ride this ride at this time and then this ride at this time" I just have a general guideline to maximize our time in the parks, get us out and back to the resort for the hottest part of the day and then back in the evening to the parks.

We are going for Hannah's birthday so on the Tuesday (the actual day of her birth) we are going to the princess lunch at the Akershus in Epcot. it's a character lunch so all the princesses come around to your table and visit and take pictures while you eat (or not eat as I'm sure hannah will have zero interest in eating at this time LOL)

We are staying at Bay Lake Towers. I've never stayed there before... it's the add on to the contemporary. our room over looks the Magic Kingdom :D someone warned me to close the blinds at night otherwise I'll lay there and stare out the huge window at the castle all night long LOL. they have the top of the world lounge where we can go up and watch the fireworks from magic Kingdom (with the music piped in) and there's a bar up there :D

We are arriving Sunday afternoon and just hanging around the resort and maybe doing Downtown Disney for some shopping and strolling. Monday is Magic Kingdom, Tuesday is Epcot, Wednesday is a day off to do whatever or nothing if we choose, Thursday is Hollywood studios. Friday we check out and head to seaworld. get a room for friday night and then head home saturday

Wednesday we are going to do a little birthday party for hannah over lunch. Instead of a cake I want to get her one of these giant Rice Krispie treat mickey heads.

The ones along the top shelf in the picture with one white chocolate ear and one milk chocolate ear.
http://www.zimbio.com/go/mbLWPryKiJR/http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Yzn0fUd2T3E/TPXG7hGx53I/AAAAAAAABMI/zN9ODsNdrJk/s1600/mainstreetconfectionery0001.JPG

Brian and I may head out for a little date night that night and let Grammy have her time alone with Hannah. Thursday night I think we are going to head to Magic kingdom (we have the hopper on our tickets) just Brian, Hannah and I so we can have a little time just the three of us. :)

of course all of this plan depends on Hannah and how she's feeling. if she's tired we'll get to the park later or take a longer break or not go back at night if need be... but if she naps I think she'll be just fine :) I'm flexible.

But this is still 67 days away. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :( I can't stand the wait any longer lol

Brian is going to see this thread and say "Oh BROTHER not AGAIN" hahaha. he's a trooper. I start talking about the trip and he stands there with this sarcastically excited look on his face as he's hearing about what time the princess lunch is for the 10 millionth time and what Hannah should wear to the princess lunch etc etc LOL

I know people are always like "didn't you go to disney last year?" yes we did lol. some people go to the beach every year, some people take a ski trip every year, we go to Disney :)
If you read any of that you get a cookie. If you read all of that I'll bake you a cake.

pomtzu
07-20-2011, 08:55 AM
You have my address to deliver the cake to...........;)

BTW - you're going to need a vacation to recuperate from your vacation. :p

sparks19
07-20-2011, 09:06 AM
LOL doesn't that look good? and I like that it's something a little different than the usual cake

HAHA I know it. but that seems to be the case with all of our vacations. We go away to have a GREAT time and then come home to rest HAHA

here are some pictures of the resort
here is a picture of Bay Lake Towers
http://www.gsb-inc.com/Websites/gsb/PhotoGallery/780205%5Cbay_lake_tower_2.jpg

The pool and water slide
http://thedisneyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/baylake7-425.jpg

This will be the view from our room
http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/magic-kingdom-view-from-a-bay-lake-tower-unit-1024x768.jpg

[IMG]http://www.laughingplace.com/files/latest/20100628-10.jpg[/IMG

Taz_Zoee
07-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Hmmm......I like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I'll PM you my address too. :p ;)

I was getting excited just reading about all the great things you are going to be doing. I can't wait to see all the pictures you will post too. :D

sparks19
07-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Oh yes there will be LOTS of pictures and videos. This time I'm planning on taking A LOT more pictures of the scenery and stuff where as last year it was mostly just pictures of Hannah. Don't get me wrong... there will still be a million photos of Hannah hahaha.

I've joined a Disney go'ers forum and I joined the "Fairy God-Mailer" list. so someone who is going to Disney the month before us is going to send us a post card signed by Cinderella telling Hannah that she can't wait to see her and celebrate her birthday with her at her castle :D

Then when we go I'm sending a post card to another person signed by their favorite character. it's neat :) and I can't wait to see Hannah's face when I read her the postcard lol.

Puckstop31
07-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Then when we go I'm sending a post card to another person signed by their favorite character. it's neat :) and I can't wait to see Hannah's face when I read her the postcard lol.

This is why I love Disney. VERY few people are ever angry there and we all just get along. LOL

I'll make a prediction though. Hannah will want to watch "Bella Dancererella" after she gets her post card from the Princess. LOL

pomtzu
07-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Maybe we should start a poll thread about this - "who is more excited about this upcoming Disney trip?"

Hannah?

Tanya?

or maybe it's really Brian - since he'll finally be able to stop saying Oh BROTHER - not AGAIN "!

:eek::p:D

sparks19
07-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Oh it's definitely me lol hands down.

Brian won't be able to say "Oh brother not again" because we'll probably start planning the next trip after we get back from this one HAHAHA so it will just start all over again. A vicious cycle. I love it

caseysmom
07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
When my kids were young we went to disneyland twice a year, they were in year round school and we could go when the place was empty, I think me and hubby got more out of it than they did they hardly remember!

sparks19
07-20-2011, 12:27 PM
When my kids were young we went to disneyland twice a year, they were in year round school and we could go when the place was empty, I think me and hubby got more out of it than they did they hardly remember!

yeah The time of year we are going is one of the slowest times of year for Disney. that's why we planned it that way lol.

yeah I know Hannah isn't going to remember everything (although she does remember her trip in december so that's good) but I will and when I get senile and start to forget I'll always have the photos :D

Lizzie
07-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Going to Disneyland with a childlike enthusiasm is the best way to get the most out of the experience.

My second trip to Disneyland was with my parents and my mother-in-law about a year after I emigrated here. I have a photograph of mum and Aunt Kath sitting on the ground in the parking lot with their Micky Mouse ears on and pretending to cry because it was time to leave. My mother-in-law is looking at them as though she can't believe grown ups can behave that way. Needless to say mum and aunt had a fabulous time and still talk about it.

Have a wonderful time!

lvpets2002
07-20-2011, 12:51 PM
:eek: WoW now you do remember my address right.. I will be waiting with my bags packed ready to go too.. Sounds of Great Fun.. We need to put you on the comercial with the kids that cant sleep awaiting to go too..

Grace
07-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Let's see now - I read it all, twice, and all the responses. One cookie would suit me just fine :D

Maybe Brian could put you on drugs for a month - just to take the edge off and allow the rest of your family to function in a somewhat normal manner :D

You crack me up, Tanya - usually it's the kids that can't wait :love:

Asiel
07-20-2011, 01:23 PM
I'll send you our address so you can mail that cake. I'm a chocolate freak if you know what I mean :)
I don't know who's more excited, I would bet on you :D But I remember when our kids were young and we went every year till they were teens. But we went for a month or more during wintertime so we could escape some of the coldest time of winter. Picture this..4 kids, schoolbooks, two dogs. But looking back today I wouldn't trade it for anything. Those are some of my best memories and I'm sure they will be yours when Hannah is all grown.
Almost makes me want to pack my bags but the heat would be too much for me. It's too much at home as it is :D

Puckstop31
07-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Maybe Brian could put you on drugs for a month - just to take the edge off and allow the rest of your family to function in a somewhat normal manner :D

You crack me up, Tanya - usually it's the kids that can't wait :love:

A. If I administered the drugs necessary to quell her anxiety over this (read: horse tranquilizers), i'd have to go to jail. LOL

B. "The Kids". Haha. Good one. :D Now, picture this. Me. Me with camo hunting backpack. (So far, normal, eh?) Me with camo backback with Tinkerbell wings attached. Me with camo backpack with Tinkerbell wings attached AND my Mickey Ears Hat. This pic will be reality. Hannah will be wearing her Tink outfit at Magic Kingdom. I reckon she will not want to wear the wings all day. There is no easy way to carry them, short of wearing them. I will HAPPILY jump on that grenade. LOL

:)

Grace
07-20-2011, 01:41 PM
A. If I administered the drugs necessary to quell her anxiety over this (read: horse tranquilizers), i'd have to go to jail. LOL

B. "The Kids". Haha. Good one. :D Now, picture this. Me. Me with camo hunting backpack. (So far, normal, eh?) Me with camo backback with Tinkerbell wings attached. Me with camo backpack with Tinkerbell wings attached AND my Mickey Ears Hat. This pic will be reality. Hannah will be wearing her Tink outfit at Magic Kingdom. I reckon she will not want to wear the wings all day. There is no easy way to carry them, short of wearing them. I will HAPPILY jump on that grenade. LOL

:)

After picturing that - I need drugs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/lol1.gif

Puckstop31
07-20-2011, 03:10 PM
After picturing that - I need drugs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/lol1.gif

:eek:

I get that often. I can't figure out why. ;) :D

sparks19
07-20-2011, 03:10 PM
it's not anxiety... it's excitement LOL but probably still requires drugs to keep me on an even keel :eek:

I will take pictures ;) although now we have to come up with a way to fasten the wings onto the backpack.

Karen
07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
But, if you went now, you would likely just melt with all the heat and humidity, and by being PATIENT and waiting two plus months, you will avoid the worst of sunburn season, too.

Good things come to those who wait, but not necessarily to those who pester while waiting!

Alysser
07-20-2011, 10:56 PM
I still miss Disney World. I went in April and had a blast. My sister works there, so we got in the parks for free and got a discount on alot of items, which was quite nice. :D I feel like Disney never gets old, no matter what age you are...but maybe thats just me. My sister is absolutely sick of it and she cannot wait to come home. She doesn't hate Disney or anything, but she probably DOES NOT want to go back for awhile. :p

Have fun though! We went when it was dead and that made it all the more nicer :) Planning the trip to the parks probably makes them alot easier lol, my family never does that and we always wind up scrambling. Can't wait to see pics! OH and please check out the new Star Tours ride for me! It was closed when we went and of course I missed Star Wars weekend. I REALLY need to go during that! Me and my friends are planning a trip, hopefully for sometime next year...although that all depends on my money situation. I just recently went to Hershey and it was so much fun, but it just doesn't compare LOL.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-21-2011, 11:18 AM
I am OBSESSED WITH ALL THINGS DISNEY! So of course I am SO excited for you three!!!!!:D The resort is absolutely stunning! I seriously love Disneyland and Disneyworld... there really is no place like being there.... I LOVE IT!

sparks19
07-21-2011, 03:10 PM
I am OBSESSED WITH ALL THINGS DISNEY! So of course I am SO excited for you three!!!!!:D The resort is absolutely stunning! I seriously love Disneyland and Disneyworld... there really is no place like being there.... I LOVE IT!

Same here. Obsessed lol. This will be our 3rd trip in as many years. I love it there. Whenever I"m not there I pine away and wish I was there LOL.

A lot of people do NOT get it lol. They think I'm nuts

But how can you not fall in love with something like this (link below)? how can you watch something like that and not FEEL the magic. it makes me cry just to watch the video lol nevermind when I'm actually there. it's the most incredible place on earth :)

this is an incredible video. Before the fireworks every night they do a show "The Magic The memories And You". the backdrop for the projection? Cinderella's castle of course. incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGWnND034bA