PDA

View Full Version : What Books Would You Like To See As A Movie?

NicoleLJ
07-19-2011, 05:37 PM
For me there are several books or book series I would love to see as a movie. One of my all time favorite series is The Dragon Riders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey. Another series was one I read as a child called Secret of the Unicorn Queen. Another book Series I would like to see made into a movie is When The Wind Blows by James Patterson. So what would you like to see?

Grace
07-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Most movies I have seen that came from a book, didn't do the book justice. The screenwriter adds her/his own stuff, or deletes things they don't think important.

Right now I'm really looking forward to The Help. Comes out in a couple of weeks. I read the book, and LOVE it :love:

Plan to read it again. I have seen several of the movie trailers, and a bit on 20-20 the other night. Looks like they are sticking very close to the written word.

Vette
07-19-2011, 06:27 PM
The Choice - Nicholas Sparks.

was the first book i read by him. the characters were all so adorable i couldnt get enough of them. i would very much like to see it as a movie :D

also wouldnt mind seeing To the Gates of Aion an a handful of other fanfiction turned into a movie.

Alysser
07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
I was really excited about The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud becoming a movie, it wasn't what I expected or wanted. :( The book was so much better!

Karen
07-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Most books I love I would dread becoming a movie, as they rarely do the book justice. For example, they just announced that work on making a movie (or many) of Stephen King's Dark Tower series has been dropped. Now, some movies made from his books are great - The Shining, Carrie - but some of them are just dreadful.

jennielynn1970
07-19-2011, 09:14 PM
None. I'd rather read the book and enjoy it that way. As Karen said, the movies barely do the books justice.

carole
07-19-2011, 10:54 PM
I am reading MERCY right now, and was just saying to my husband i think this would make a good movie, so yep would like to see this one on the big screen for sure.

Vette
07-19-2011, 11:27 PM
While i enjoy reading,, i generally see the movies instead of reading the books so i dont know what im missing i guess.
sometimes i see a movie though an i'll think it wasnt bad,, but i maybe would of liked it better as a book.