PDA

View Full Version : Our newest Foster, Nelly

Lilith Cherry
07-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Since Luther the St Bernard cross was only a short stay and has now returned to his previous foster home, we have now taken in a sweet little girl named Nelly. She is a Bichon/shih tzu cross and is 18 months old. She has fitted in v ery well , getting along with my two dogs and the cat and she loves to play and snuggle with them all!

Here are some pictures of her - anyone need a tiny little lady?

chocolatepuppy
07-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Aww, Nelly is a cutie! :)

Grace
07-16-2011, 10:12 PM
She's adorable. Love the name - we once had a cat named Nelly Jane :)

cassiesmom
07-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Awww! Hello, pretty petite Nelly!

krazyaboutkatz
07-16-2011, 11:52 PM
She's adorable and it sounds like she has a wonderful loving personality too.:) I bet it won't take too long for someone to want to adopt her since she gets along with both dogs and cats. Good luck.:)

happylabs
07-17-2011, 07:04 AM
What a sweetie. :love:

Freedom
07-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Hey, look at Nellie! She is a cutie, and at just 18 months, I think she will be adopted quickly!

She has the same plume type tail as my Lacey! I always think it is a quill and I should dip it in an ink bottle! :D It is not a common tail type for the bichon, quite special IMO!

Glad she is getting along with everyone, this too will make her easy to adopt.

My hat off to you, doing all this fostering. As you well know, I tried, and could not see it through. Great work!

fritz03
07-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Hello Nelly,Heidi says hello to you and hopes you fit in well with your foster family,have a good time with them.

Lilith Cherry
07-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks everyone! Nelly really is an affectionate little sweetie and I am sure she will find a good home pretty swiftly:) She is already on Petfinder and we will take her to an adoption day in town next Saturday. Each dog that we foster takes a piece of our hearts with it when we have to hand them over but it is a great feeling knowing we have found the dog a nice loving home for ever!

Bonny
07-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh, the personality of Nelly. :) Maybe she is a keeper? I know I would keep her.:D

pomtzu
07-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Aawww - what a cutie Nelly is. I definitely see the Shih Tzu in her! I'm sure she'll find a forever home in no time at all.

Bless you for taking care of her while she awaits her special person to find her. I could never foster. I would fail miserably and end up keeping them all (like somebody else we all know here. ;))

Freedom
07-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I could never foster. I would fail miserably and end up keeping them all (like somebody else we all know here. ;))

NO idea what you are on about! :confused: :love:

pomtzu
07-17-2011, 12:02 PM
NO idea what you are on about! :confused: :love:

How did I fail? - let me count the ways...........Marlin, Lacey, Sugar - oh heck - too much to type in 15 names. Just a peek at your siggy tells it all! :p:D

And we admire you for it! :love::D

Lilith Cherry
07-17-2011, 12:42 PM
:)I would love to keep them all but sadly living on a fixed income precludes that. When or if they got sick the vet bills would cripple our budget:( but still, we get the pleasure of helping them out until a new home is found:)

Taz_Zoee
07-17-2011, 02:33 PM
I think it is wonderful that you can give these pets a loving home until their furever home is found. If we had the room (and if I didn't work all week) we would "attempt" the fostering gig. But with Bruce being the one home all day its not possible. He has to work and can't devote the time to a foster. The four we have is enough. :)

I am sure Nelly will find a home quickly. Maybe quick enough that you won't become too attached......yeah right. :p

Vette
07-17-2011, 06:53 PM
What an adorable dog :love: