PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Please pray for me UPDATE 8/22 more surgery

K9karen
07-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Suddenly, today, I noticed floaters, swirls in my left eye. The GOOD eye. The only one that I can see from and yes, the eye that's perfect after cataract surgery in April.

Now I have a white film and can barely see. I have an emergency retina surgeon appointment tomorrow morning at 830a. My surgeon isn't in so I just asked for anyone.

I can barely see typing this. The font is HUGE.

I am petrified, worried, upset, beside myself with fear. If this retina is detached and I have to have silicone glue put in to hold it in place, I will be blind. This eye does all the work. The right eye is useless.

Please, please, please keep me in your prayers. I don't know how I'm going to sleep. My brother is going to take me and I hope he can take the day off if needed.

OMG! OMG! I can't even cry.

kokopup
07-14-2011, 11:00 PM
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray the surgery will be a success and you will have a speedy recovery.

Karen
07-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Prayers on the way. I hope it is something minor. A detached retina usually has different symptoms, flashes of light, doesn't it? I'll send you my phone number via PM, give it to your brother so he can call us tomorrow if you cannot, okay?

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

My father had a detached retina in both eyes about 10 years a part of each other. Yes, flashes of light is the main symptom. This is hereditary so every other year when I have my eyes examined, I also have my eyes dilated so the doctor can look at my retinas.

phesina
07-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Oh, Karen, prayers for you and good wishes that the surgery goes well.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
Pat and cats

Bonny
07-15-2011, 06:51 AM
Good Thoughts & Prayers Sent Your Way.

Scooter's Mom
07-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Saying prayers for you. Hope this is something that goes away as quickly as it came on.

Barbara
07-15-2011, 07:18 AM
I am sending all my best thoughts- they can work miracles today- I just hope it is something that can be fixed.

ChrisH
07-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Oh, Karen :( ... Prayers and healing thoughts on their way. {{big hugs}}

Freedom
07-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Prayers from RI!

MoonandBean
07-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Hopefully, this is Vitreous detachment which is very common in people over 40

http://eugeneeyecare.com/conditions/Vitreous_Detachment_and_Floaters.html
My friend just had this happen and it presented as a floater and cloudy spot (like there was a smudge on her contact lens).

You will be in my thoughts and prayers that it's nothing more serious.

mrspunkysmom
07-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way. :love:

sasvermont
07-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Karen, I surely hope your remedy will be an easy one and that things work out just fine for you.

Good vibes coming from Vermont and all the campers.

:love::love::love::love: and hugs

Randi
07-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Karen, I hope it's something that the surgeon can fix tomorrow and you'll be able to see well again. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts. :love:

I had a floater a couple of years ago, but now I hardly notice it anymore.

Good luck!!!

Catty1
07-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Prayers, prayers and more prayers and HUGS! :love::love::love:

finn's mom
07-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Oh that is scary. :( Praying!

sana
07-15-2011, 10:26 AM
I hope everything goes well and your eye gets better real fast! Lots of prayers and hugs and Get well soon! :love: Prayers that you are able to see perfectly fine soon! :love:

Lilith Cherry
07-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Lots of loving thoughts and prayers for you Karen. I have severe diabetic retinopathy so I am scared of losing all sight too:( I do hope it can be fixed easily easily and quickly for you!

Freedom
07-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I came back to see if there was any news yet.

pitc9
07-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Thinking of you!

Anikaca77
07-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Prayers are coming your way!

Melissa

chocolatepuppy
07-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Just seeing this, many prayers Karen that your eye will be ok. {hugs}

Taz_Zoee
07-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Wow, you are in my thoughts Karen. I do hope it is not a detached retina and it will be fixed.

lizbud
07-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Thinking of you Karen & praying for good news from the Dr. ((hugs)):love:

cassiesmom
07-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Just seeing this, many prayers Karen that your eye will be ok. {hugs}

Same here!

Marigold2
07-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Ok deep breath............... Another deep breath.
Retina detachment is not that common.
Vitreous detachment is much more common.
Ask yourself these questions.

Have you lost vision?
Is there a black spider web covering your eye?
Do you see flashes of life?

If you have what looks like a black spider web covering your eye, have flashes of light and lost vision yes that is cause or concern, it woud be like a black web or vail over your eye. It can be a retina detactment.
In that case you will have surgery and it will be repaired.
Is it scary, Yes but it can be fixed. Deep breath once again.

Sometimes people will get flashes of light. They can occur from ocular headaches, a need for cataract surgery or vitreous detachment which occcurs as we age.

Those annoying floaters become more common as we age, they can occur after being hit in the eye as well.
After a while the brain gets used to them and they appear less comon.

Whatever you have can be repaired. DEEP BREATH.
If you have a retinal detachment you will have surgery tomorrow most likely, I doubt they will wait so be prepared with a ride, someone to watch the pets and so forth.

I work for an ophthalmologist have for the past 8 years and in that time I have only seen a few retinal detachments maybe 3% the rest are floaters and vit detachments.

As for that film sounds like an infection. I think that you have an infection worried yourself into an ocular headache which causes the flashes and then panic sets in.

Deep breath.....
I am sending you my very best wishes. Please let us all know what happens. I have seen so many people first hand in your postion.
Not one has lost their eye sight.. Not one. Yes some have had a decrease but no one has gone blind. Those that have lost some vision had a retinal detachement and waited days to go to the Dr.

Medusa
07-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Ok deep breath............... Another deep breath.
Retina detachment is not that common.
Vitreous detachment is much more common.
Ask yourself these questions.

Have you lost vision?
Is there a black spider web covering your eye?
Do you see flashes of life?

If you have what looks like a black spider web covering your eye, have flashes of light and lost vision yes that is cause or concern, it woud be like a black web or vail over your eye. It can be a retina detactment.
In that case you will have surgery and it will be repaired.
Is it scary, Yes but it can be fixed. Deep breath once again.

Sometimes people will get flashes of light. They can occur from ocular headaches, a need for cataract surgery or vitreous detachment which occcurs as we age.

Those annoying floaters become more common as we age, they can occur after being hit in the eye as well.
After a while the brain gets used to them and they appear less comon.

Whatever you have can be repaired. DEEP BREATH.
If you have a retinal detachment you will have surgery tomorrow most likely, I doubt they will wait so be prepared with a ride, someone to watch the pets and so forth.

I work for an ophthalmologist have for the past 8 years and in that time I have only seen a few retinal detachments maybe 3% the rest are floaters and vit detachments.

As for that film sounds like an infection. I think that you have an infection worried yourself into an ocular headache which causes the flashes and then panic sets in.

Deep breath.....
I am sending you my very best wishes. Please let us all know what happens. I have seen so many people first hand in your postion.
Not one has lost their eye sight.. Not one. Yes some have had a decrease but no one has gone blind. Those that have lost some vision had a retinal detachement and waited days to go to the Dr.

All of the above info is very encouraging, Karen. Of course, prayers are going up for you right now. Keep the faythe. :love:

Karen
07-16-2011, 12:39 AM
I am posting for my namesake, K9Karen, she sent me a PM, but didn't feel she could see well enough to post.

She has a retina tear not a detachment like the other eye (which is scary, but good news-KW). She had one laser treatment in the office, which gave her a migraine. She's still seeing some flashes, mostly black dots now, and everything has a white veil due to the blood clot from the tear.

The doctor said she'd have to wait a couple days, she is homebound and not allowed to drive, but her niece is coming Saturday, and her friend Mike can come and her neighbor, too, so she does have help. She is still scared it may detach, but will go back to doctor in 1 week.

She wanted me to thank everyone, and I will add that we should all keep her in our prayers for a quick and safe recovery from this, and no detaching!

krazyaboutkatz
07-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the update Karen. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

ChrisH
07-16-2011, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the update Karen.

Prayers & healing thoughts continuing.

chocolatepuppy
07-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Prayers that your eye heals up quickly Karen.

Medusa
07-16-2011, 07:45 AM
PT prayers are powerful, Karen. Do your best to relax in the faith that all will be well. Easy for me to say, I know, but I have faith that God hears our prayers. :love:

RobiLee
07-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the update!

Lots of positive thoughts and prayers for you, Karen. {{HUGS}}

Randi
07-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the update, Karen.

Lots more positive thoughts that your eye will heal and your vision will come back.

(((hugs))) :love:

mrspunkysmom
07-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Prayers and Pawsitive thoughts still coming.

Freedom
07-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you Karen for keeping us updated.

Continued prayers from RI!

Barbara
07-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Still thinking of you and sending best thoughts. I am very very shortsighted myself and the fear of losing vision is one of my worst. I feel with you.

phesina
07-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Thank you for the update, Karen. We are so glad to know it is not a detached retina!

We continue to send our prayers and healing energies and good wishes along to you, k9Karen, that all goes well with your recovery.

Pat and cats

kokopup
07-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the update. You need to just relax and take it easy until your return visit to the Doctor. The eye is one of the fastest healing when it comes to injury, so have faith that all will be ok. I am still praying for your speedy recovery.

Catty1
07-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks so much, Karen! I was reading up on this and there was a photo that showed how a tear is sealed back in place with a laser.

Rest and try to relax - eyes have an amazing way of healing themselves. Major prayers that all is well soon!:love::love::love:

Marigold2
07-17-2011, 10:39 PM
So glad she is ok also. I have been thinking about Karen.
Thank you for the update. Losing eyesight is one of the scariest things.
Karen you will be ok.
Please write when you can. Hugs, Monica

Anikaca77
07-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Prayers are still coming Karen!

Melissa

Karen
07-18-2011, 11:10 PM
I just had a lovely conversation with K9Karen, she's fine and misses all of us! If anyone wants to call her over the next 6 weeks, PM me, I have her permission to give you her phone number. She has a very hard time seeing anything specific, and it took her 20 minutes just to log on to Pet Talk, because she could not see her own cursor. She did type me a message, but is afraid to post because she cannot see what she has typed to check for mistakes or typos.

So she says "Hello!" to everyone, and thanks for all the prayers, keep 'em coming. She's been to the eye doctor twice since we last "spoke," and it is just going to take time, 6-8 weeks, no driving, no reading, no sudoku ... But Logan is doing really well and is a huge comfort to her momma, and by the way, will be turning 10 in August! She misses everybody!

krazyaboutkatz
07-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks again for the update. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well and I hope that she'll make a speedy recovery and will be able to see well again.:) Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Vette
07-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Just now finding this :o

an oh my gosh how scary! ive been in need of glasses for a couple years now an finding even that in its own bad enough.

definitely sending lots of good thoughts!

please let her know we miss her too when you guys get in contact again :love:

Freedom
07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
I just KNEW Mz. Logan would be ON THE JOB, helping her Mom to feel better!

chocolatepuppy
07-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Keep getting better Karen! We miss you too!:love:

*LabLoverKEB*
07-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Prayers, prayers, and more prayers coming your way, Karen!! And thank you Mayor Karen for updating us! I hope your eye continues to heal and get better so you can see again! I can only imagine how frustrating that would be! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, friend!

K9karen
07-22-2011, 09:44 PM
tHIS IS A wOO! wOO! MOMENT. i THOUGHT i'D TRY TO CONCENTRATE ON COLORS & MOVEMENTS TO FIND THE CURSER. iT TOOK ME 6 HOURS TOBALANCE MY CHECKBOOK TODAY BUT i DID IT! sTILL HAVE SWIRLEES AND DOTS-LIKE A ZILLIOM PIXELS BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM AS BAD TODAY. tHE WHITE VEIL IS THE CULPRIT THAT'S THE BLOOD CLOTS. HAVE DOC APPT ON MONDAY BUT 6-8 WKS SEEM TO BE THE DATELINE TO SEE PERFECT AGAIN. THEN THEY WORRY ABOUT A TEAR. YOUR PRAYERS HAVE WORKED. I CAN FEEL THEM. TAKING A TRANSIT BUS TO SEE MY UNCLE. JOHN WON'T BE BACK 'TIL OCT WHEN I HAVE BACK SURGERY.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE I MISSED. I GUESS I'LL HAVE A LOT TO READ!

MZ LOGAN AND I SLEEP A LOT..TOO HOT TO DO ANYTHING. SHE'S A DOLL BLESS HER PUPPY HEART

I'LL TRY LOGGING IN TOMORROW. LOVE U ALL:love::love:

Karen
07-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Hey, you posted in time for MY birthday, thanks!

mrspunkysmom
07-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Good to hear from you. I'll keep rooting for your progress and healing. :love:

Alysser
07-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Glad to hear you're a little better, Karen!:love: Keeping the good thoughts rolling!

Marigold2
07-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Nice to hear you are on the mend.
Prayers will continue and your eye will improve.
Here is a hug for you too. XX

Medusa
07-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Better and better, Karen! Keep the faythe! :)

chocolatepuppy
07-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Keep getting better Karen! Many prayers for you!

carole
07-24-2011, 05:29 AM
I am so relieved to hear you are doing better, your thread really scared me, please know you are in my daily thoughts and i send you big hugs and well wishes from across the seas, take care.:love::love:

Randi
07-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Oh Karen, I'm so glad you're on the mend, you literally have something to look forward to! :)

I hope your appointment on monday goes well! Snuggle up with Logan and take it easy!

(((hugs))) :love:

lizbud
07-24-2011, 11:16 AM
You are still in my prayers Karen. Thinking of you & best wishes for a speedy recovery.:love: Liz.(((Hugs)))

krazyaboutkatz
07-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Karen, I hope you recover quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

dukedogsmom
07-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Karen, bless your heart. I'm just now seeing this. I hope it gets better every day. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Stay strong :love:

Anikaca77
07-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Prays are still coming for your Karen! Good luck and try to rest!

M&M's Mommy
07-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Karen, You're always kept in my thought & prayers.

Karen
07-28-2011, 06:32 PM
I am on the phone with her right now, and things have gotten much worse.

Karen
07-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I just got off the phone with Karen and she doesn't know what happened, but now she is basically blind, worse than before when this first happened. She had been hopeful, and making progress, but now that is all moot.

She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and her brother is going to come over now, but if anyone wants to call her, PM me and I'll give you her telephone number. She's upset and frustrated and so disappointed, so all the hugs anyone can send her would be appreciated, too, and prayers.

Catty1
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
This is horrible! Prayers that there is an answer to this!

slick
07-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Karen: Please send me a PM with her contact information. I won't be able to call until Saturday but maybe I can, at least, bring a smile and a hug to the table. :love:

Karen
07-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks, Slick, I PM'd you.

I will read Karen any responses in this thread when I talk to her tomorrow afternoon, so she'll know we're all thinking of her.

Marigold2
07-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Oh God, I am speechless.

Scooter's Mom
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Sending prayers for healing and for calmness. Also sending much love.

krazyaboutkatz
07-29-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear the latest update.:( I sure hope that her doctor will be able to help her and that she'll regain her eyesight. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

sana
07-29-2011, 04:53 AM
OMG! Lots of prayers that she heals real soon!! :eek: :( Lots of hugs! I really really hope that she gets well real soon and her eyesight gets a LOT better and that she can see perfectly well! :love::love::love: Lots of hugs for Karen!

I lit a candle for you

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=13880337

Barbara
07-29-2011, 05:27 AM
Oh Karen I am so terribly sorry. I hope so much that there is help for you.

Medusa
07-29-2011, 05:56 AM
Karen, a special candle burns for you and a special prayer is going up right now. No matter the appearance, we must have faith that you're being healed and that your eyesight is being restored quickly. :love:

pomtzu
07-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Mayor Karen~~~~~~~please relay to Karen that she has prayers from me, that this issue gets resolved and she will have her sight back soon.

Bonny
07-29-2011, 07:13 AM
Tell Karen for me not to give up hope. There has to be something the doctors can do to help her get her eye to heal properly. Good Thoughts & Prayers are being sent for Karen

phesina
07-29-2011, 07:48 AM
I am so sorry to learn this. Prayers and healing energies and {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ for Karen.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

moosmom
07-29-2011, 08:02 AM
K9Karen,

I just now saw this. I am so sorry, girlfriend!!! Thoughts and prayers are coming your way, girl! Love you!

:love::love::love:

Donna and fur crew

Moesha
07-29-2011, 08:41 AM
How very scarey! Count me in with all the others hoping for a positive update and a recovery.

Grace
07-29-2011, 09:43 AM
More prayers for Karen. Hoping for a quick resolution :love:

Karen
07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Yay there is hope! I'll update this in a few minutes.

Catty1
07-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh good....waiting for the update. :love:

Karen
07-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Okay, Karen thanks everyone and says she loves you all!

The good news is, it is not a new tear, her retina did NOT detach. What has happened is a blood vessel broke in the back of her "good" eye yesterday, and that should clear up in a day or so, and her vision will be back to where it was a few days ago very quickly. She saw a different doctor today, and he was excellent, comforting, explained things, and even got a big piece of white paper and a thick black marker to draw her a simple chart that she could kind of see, so blessings on that doc!

It happens because we move our eyes around, especially during REM sleep. If it continues to happen, there is surgery that can be done, but that's a last resort as it does carry some risk, so we hope it won't come to that.

Thanks for the prayers, everyone! I read everyone's comments to her, and she just kept saying, "Oh, I love her!" to each in turn!

pomtzu
07-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things will get better! :)

lizbud
07-29-2011, 04:36 PM
It's good to hear the good news.:) I'll still try to call her later on this pm.

phesina
07-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Oh, what good news!

So glad things are nowhere near as bad as they seemed. Continuing prayers for Karen, that this all gets better for her.

Catty1
07-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Yay! More prayers for fast healing. :love::love::love:

We're all here for you, Karen!:D

Moesha
07-29-2011, 10:31 PM
So glad to read this update. Hoping that everything improves soon. Thanks for keeping us updated.

caseysmom
07-29-2011, 11:45 PM
I have been following and praying just haven't commented, please send my good wishes to Karen.

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the latest update.:) I'm relieved to hear that her eyesight should improve very soon.:) Prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent to you Karen. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

slick
07-30-2011, 02:12 AM
I'm going to call her later on in the day tomorrow. I have family stuff in the morning.

Barbara
07-30-2011, 03:24 AM
Sitting here with tears in my eyes. Happy tears! It is so good to find a doctor who does not only see the "mechanical" problems but also the soul of the patient who is damned scared.

ChrisH
07-30-2011, 06:26 AM
Thanks Karen for bringing us the latest good and hopeful update. :)

Sending much love, many hugs and, of course, prayers & healing thoughts are continuing.

Medusa
07-30-2011, 07:07 AM
What a relief! I'm so glad that things will get better. Better and better. :love:

Karen
08-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I had a long conversation with K9 Karen today, and she saw the eye doctor today as well. She is seeing somewhat better now. The doc, though, is worried that a new tear in imminent, and said she has several blood clots on the back of the eye. He did one laser treatment today, and she thinks that's helping, though it is quite painful.

So more prayers, please, the prospect of surgery is daunting, and there's still a 50% chance she'll go blind, so we're hoping that won't be the case!

Vette
08-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Oh thats awesome news!! :D :D :D :D :D

*chants* no new tear. no more surgeries */end chant*

Catty1
08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Praying that the eye blossoms into full health! :D:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
08-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

chocolatepuppy
08-02-2011, 05:14 AM
Many prayers for Karen, that her eye will be ok.

K9karen
08-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi Everybody and again, thanks for the hugs and prayers!

Saw my regular eye surgeon yesterday. No new tears. My vision improved reading the eye chart. Most of the white veil is gone, but there are a gazillion black dots of all sizes. In fact, I keep smacking myself thinking it's a bug on me! :rolleyes: Or bugs on the floor etc. I'm seeing the computer OK, not great, but I have a problem finding the cursor. Anything white is difficult. I have a standing doc appt for a while. He's doing everything he can to save my sight. oh well, I had a great 2 1/2 months of great sight when I had my cataract out. I'm grateful for that.

Thanks for the phone calls. I know I yakked away but I was lonely and bored!

Karen
08-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Yay, thanks for posting so we know things are as okay as they can be!

chocolatepuppy
08-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Keep getting better Karen.:)

Medusa
08-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Better and better, Karen. Keep the faythe. :love:

phesina
08-10-2011, 07:34 AM
That's good news, Karen! Thanks for the update, and keep on keeping on..

Moesha
08-10-2011, 07:45 AM
So glad to hear an update and see that you were able to come and post it yourself. Sure do hope that you heal and recover soon!

Bonny
08-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Karen it is so good to hear your eye is improving. :)

anna_66
08-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Karen I am so sorry that I'm just seeing this:o Please forgive me.

I can't imagine having the problems your having now and will be keeping you in my thoughts that everything works out.

Many (((HUGS)))
Anna

Catty1
08-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Your eye is getting better already - it just has to keep doing that! Did the doc say what the black dots are?

HUGS and more prayers coming out to you!:love::love:

catnapper
08-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Karen, you've been in my prayers. I am glad to know there is some improvement, even if its frustratingly slow.

ramanth
08-10-2011, 08:55 PM
I've had floaters for as long as I can remember. Not fun that's for sure. Losing my vision is one of my biggest fears. I can't imagine what you are going through Karen. I wish a continued and speedy recovery and hopefully you won't need surgery. Hugs and Love to you!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

AdoreMyDogs
08-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Karen I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hugs and good wishes for HUGE improvement in the future (and no more tears)!

Love,

Leslie & crew.

K9karen
08-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Woke up today, Wednesday.. have a slight white veil. Oops. Didn't call the doc but will call on Friday if it worsens. Poop! My first thought was that I strained my eyes using the computer, but I heightened the boldness so I doubt it but I'm petrified. First improvement, then by the end of the week, downhill. I wasn't given any instuctions on what I can't do, except no workouts at the gym. Maybe I lift stuff I don't consider heavy for me. You'd think the doc would tell me. I never thought to ask. He's suppose to be the BEST retina surgeon in the area. I'm sure he is but I think he's so involved in the exam, he forgets. I'm too upset and nervous to think of anything. *Breathe, Breathe Breathe*

Medusa
08-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Karen, I wouldn't wait until tomorrow to call. Call now. Keeping the faythe here. :love:

Freedom
08-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Call now!

Still praying for you, Karen.

sana
08-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Prayers that you get well real soon and your eye recovers soon! :love:

pomtzu
08-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Did the doc say what the black dots are?

These are called floaters and under normal conditions, are harmless. Most people have them to some degree, and the chances increase with age. They are microscopic fibers that clump together and float around in the liquid inside of your eye. I've had them ever since I can remember - even as a teen. When I had cataract surgery several years ago, they were "sucked out", but I've noticed them coming back again.

Karen - you really should call the doctor now and not wait any longer. Prayers and well wishes going out to you from Delaware.

krazyaboutkatz
08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
YES KAREN, PLEASE CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!! Lots more prayers are coming your way.

K9karen
08-17-2011, 01:26 PM
dernit! The worst part of recovery is using the computer. White backgrounds exsenuate the black dots in my eye and makes me feel sickly. Just stopping by to say hi and trying to post, as I miss my nightly PT.

Mz Logan has her senior physical on Tuesday. She's in great shape. The laser treatments did wonders on her hips and she runs after squirrels and rabbits again like a puppy. My precious baby girl!
I passed out in the exam room at the vet. Ick. I think I had a sudden divivuticulitis attack. They took Logan and cared for her while I got my senses back. Poor vet was so upset. I'm fine now and Logan hasn't left my side. I'm such a bozo.

Karen
08-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Awww, good to hear Miz Logan is doing so well. Hey, would it help if you turned down the brightness on your monitor? There's usually a little physical control you can turn up or down somewhere on the monitor ....

Anikaca77
08-17-2011, 01:33 PM
dernit! The worst part of recovery is using the computer. White backgrounds exsenuate the black dots in my eye and makes me feel sickly. Just stopping by to say hi and trying to post, as I miss my nightly PT.

Mz Logan has her senior physical on Tuesday. She's in great shape. The laser treatments did wonders on her hips and she runs after squirrels and rabbits again like a puppy. My precious baby girl!
I passed out in the exam room at the vet. Ick. I think I had a sudden divivuticulitis attack. They took Logan and cared for her while I got my senses back. Poor vet was so upset. I'm fine now and Logan hasn't left my side. I'm such a bozo.

I'm glad to hear that Logan is doing well...I'm sorry you passed out though...I bet the vet was scared. Take care and get some rest.

Melissa

phesina
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
So glad to hear Ms. Logan is doing well and you are doing better..

More prayers and love :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

Daisy and Delilah
08-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Awwww....I'm so sorry, Karen. I'm praying that God gives you the strength you need to get through all this. Bless you.

mrspunkysmom
08-18-2011, 06:31 PM
You and MZ Logan are in my thoughts.

Vette
08-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I did some digging around an found this. it allows one to change the background color of the webpages if they choose to.
im not sure if itll work if the HTML is programed in to be whatever color/s but thought id share just incase.

heres how to go about doing so in Firefox:

On the menu, go to Tools > Options
On the Options dialog box, click the Content tab (at the top)
Now, click the Colors button.
Uncheck the Use system colors check box and select the colors you want for the background and text (black and grey for example)
Uncheck the Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above check box
Click OK to close the Colors dialog box.
Click OK to close the Options dialog box and apply the new settings

-----------------
an how to in Internet Explorer:

On the menu, go to Tools > Internet Options
On the Internet Options dialog box, click the Colors button (at the bottom left corner).
Uncheck the Use Windows colors check box, then change the text and background colors to the colors you want (I use black for the background and grey for the text), then click OK.
Next, click the Accessibility button (this time at the bottom right corner).
Check the Ignore colors specified on Web pages check box and click OK.
Click OK on the Internet Options dialog box to close it and apply the new settings.

----------------

the website i got the tips off of has how to change the colors in other browsers too. heres the site: http://waldev.blogspot.com/2009/08/change-page-background-color-browser.html

K9karen
08-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Had a checkup today. I have a lot of fluid buildup and my retina is pulling. So I'm having more surgery on Wed, the 24th. I'm getting a gas air bubble. That's all I know.

Depending on the time, I'll have the surgery center's van pick me up and take me home. My brother won't take off because he already has today and Thurs. and Friday off. All my other friends are working on on vacation. My BFF's hubby just called me and he's going to drive 3 hours from his vacation spot to help me out. Of course I cried.

My vision will be impaired for approx. 2 weeks. I've been practicing using my right (no clear vision) eye. I'll be OK in my house I think.

Kind of depressed and frustrated. I know my doc is doing everything to save my vision. He's not even smiling anymore. He's really concerned, so I'm grateful for that.

I had to have blood work done today and a physical tomorrow.

So, more good thoughts would be great if you have time. I'm trying to be positive, really.

Karen
08-22-2011, 09:03 PM
You'll be in our prayers, I promise!

carole
08-22-2011, 09:26 PM
oh karen what a roller coaster ride you have been on and not a fun one at that, i so wish for everything to go well for your upcoming surgery and that your vision will be restored,thinking of you and hoping with all my heart all will be well, take care and giant hugs.:love::love:

mrspunkysmom
08-22-2011, 09:26 PM
You will be in my prayers.

chocolatepuppy
08-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Prayers headed your way Karen.

gini
08-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Prayers going out for you immediately. And we will send some hugs to you as well. :love::love:

Catty1
08-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Prayers and hugs and hope!

Vette
08-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Packed good thoughts ya way :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-23-2011, 02:38 AM
Karen, I hope that your surgery will go well,that you'll recover quickly and that you'll be able to see clearly again. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

phesina
08-23-2011, 04:35 AM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies for you.

ChrisH
08-23-2011, 06:42 AM
Sending out prayers, positive thoughts and much love your way.

pomtzu
08-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Sending prayers and good vibes your way, for a successful outcome.

Scooter's Mom
08-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Sending out prayers from here, too.

lizbud
08-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Oh gosh, what in the heck is causing this. Does your Doctor know?
I will pray harder for a good outcome from surgery & a complete recovery.
Please know that you are not really alone in all of this. You have the best
prayers in the world on your side right now. PT prayers are strong stuff.;)

Sending you hugs from Indy. (((HUGS))) :love:

Medusa
08-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I agree w/lizbud; PT prayers are powerful. Enough of this eye problem. Begone! Keep the faythe, Karen. :love:

Scooter's Mom
09-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Has anyone talked to Karen? How is she doing?

Karen
09-16-2011, 11:06 PM
I just talked to her this evening, she called to update me. She had a terrible week, and while visiting her 94-year-old uncle, she laid down for a nap and when she woke up was completely blind - it turns out her retina had detached. So more surgery, emergency doctors visits, and tears and pain, but she's calmer now, and there is hope, after a scheduled doctor's appointment on Monday, that she will know more. She is hoping that by the end of the month she may be able to see well enough to read and post again, but it has been a trying time. Logan is fine, and I actually got to hear her! Karen had called when I was out, so I called her back and she was just in the middle of giving Logan an extended bellyrub! Logan normally has had enough after about 5 minutes, but not tonight, so when Karen stopped at about 45 minutes to answer the phone and chat with me, Logan actually barked at her, so I got to hear a "woo woof!" Karen said, "Okay, I'll give you a cookie." and then we we allowed to continue our conversation.

All your prayers are needed and appreciated, as any phone call would be. She misses everyone and send her love!

Catty1
09-16-2011, 11:53 PM
All prayers and love to Karen. :love::love: I hope this gets repaired once and for all.

From past descriptions here, her doctor cares as much about the feelings of the patient as the condition to be treated. Bless him!

All good wishes for a great outcome.

chocolatepuppy
09-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Many more prayers headed your way Karen.

phesina
09-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Many more prayers and healing energies and good wishes and loving thoughts are being sent to Karen. May this be fixed up soon.

Karen
09-24-2011, 08:00 PM
I spoke to Karen this evening, she had more problems this week, and is not allowed to pick her head up, has to even sleep head facing down, until Monday. She would appreciate all prayers and well wishes.

Medusa
09-24-2011, 08:05 PM
What an ordeal! She must be so frightened. Extra prayers going up tonight for her.

mrspunkysmom
09-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Prayers and Wishes for Wellness and lots of virtual hugs. :love:

Karen
09-24-2011, 08:50 PM
I'll let her know. Part of her retina detached again, so she had more emergency surgery, and is very worried, but looking forward to Monday, when she gets to not only pick up her head for the doctor, but hope to be able to open her eye more fully and see what she can see.

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this latest news.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

chocolatepuppy
09-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Oh, what a mess for her.:( Many prayers Karen will be up and able to see and very soon.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Lots and lots of prayers and tons of love and good vibes being sent your way, Karen. We all :love: you!

Scooter's Mom
09-24-2011, 10:34 PM
I've been keeping her in my prayers and will continue to do so. Hoping things begin to improve!

phesina
09-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Oh my God. Poor Karen.

Many, many prayers and good wishes and healing energies for her.

Bonny
09-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Healing Thoughts & Prayers sent Karen's way. ((((HUGS)))) :love:

Randi
09-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Oh no, poor Karen. :( It must be so hard to have to lie face down all the time - I feel so bad for her.

If you speak to her again, please tell her I send lots and lots of healing vibes and big hugs. :love: Fister sends purrs, of course. :cool:

jennielynn1970
09-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Poor Karen, lots of prayers going out for her from here.

Marigold2
09-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about her news. So sorry. I am sure she is in good hands however and that the surgeon will be able to attach the retina and restore some sight. What a horrible time she has had.
Can we send cards perhaps? Getting mail would be fun for her and will be a way to send our good wishes, cards are something she can hold in her hand.

Karen
09-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Given her limited sight, cards might not be a good idea, but she was, when I spoke to her Saturday, bored bored bored, so maybe phone calls would be better. I'll ask when I talk to her today, okay?

Felicia's Mom
09-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Sending Karen lots of prayers and positive thoughts.

anna_66
09-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Oh my how terrible this is. My heart breaks for her because I could not even imagine having to deal with this. Please let her know she is in my thoughts (((HUGS))) to you Karen.

Karen
09-26-2011, 11:58 PM
I had a long conversation with Karen this evening, and she said cards would only be good if it had large black writing on white - that's all she can see right now. She is improving slowly, and no longer has to sleep and stay facing down, so that;s a huge relief. She's still wearing a patch over the one eye, but is cautiously optimistic that it will improve more.

She thanks everyone for their thoughts, prayers and well wishes, and if anyone wants to call her, PM me for her phone number!

gini
09-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Let me add my concerned voice here too. I cannot even imagine what she is going through. I have a candle burning just for her and her health.
May God hear all of our prayers and answer them in healing for Karen.

When you talk to her again, please tell her I am praying for her full recovery.

beeniesmom
09-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Prayers for Karen. I hope things go for the best.

Karen
10-05-2011, 12:44 PM
I spoke to her last night, and things are finally getting a teensy bit better, and she is slowwwwly regaining more sight in her "good eye" and there is hope that she will even eventually see well enough to drive again, which is a huge relief to her. She wanted me to thank everyone for their prayers and concern, and send her love to everyone and says she misses you all!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Great news! Thank you for the update, Mayor Karen. Still keeping Karen in my prayers.for a full recovery.

phesina
10-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the promising-sounding update, Mayor Karen.

Continuing prayers and good wishes for Karen.

jennielynn1970
10-05-2011, 01:53 PM
What a relief to hear some good news!! Still in my thoughts and prayers!!

Taz_Zoee
10-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I just got caught up on this thread. :o So sorry I didn't keep up with it before.
I'm glad things seem to be getting better for Karen. I cannot imagine what she's going through.

Please let her know she is in my thoughts. Or better yet, hopefully she will be able to read this herself soon!! :D

HUGS!!

Catty1
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Prayers for continued healing and that her eye gets all better and stays that way! :D:love:

Thanks for the positive update, Karen.

gini
10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
It is so good to hear some promising news about Karen. I cannot even imagine what she is going through.

Prayers will continue for her .................

mrspunkysmom
10-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Prayers continue for more improvement.

krazyaboutkatz
10-06-2011, 12:59 AM
I'm glad to finally hear some good news.:) Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Scooter's Mom
12-23-2011, 12:33 PM
I have been thinking about Karen quite a bit lately.
Does anyone have an update? I don't think she has been in for quite some time, and I am afraid it's because of her eye situation.

Karen
12-23-2011, 12:37 PM
I have not, but I plan to call her in the next few days.

lizbud
12-23-2011, 04:48 PM
I have not, but I plan to call her in the next few days.

Karen, would you tell her that I've tried to call her, but no answer.
There was no way to leave a message. I really hope she's just busy
with the Holiday.

Scooter's Mom
12-23-2011, 06:38 PM
When you do talk to her, please tell her she is thought of frequently.
Even though she & I do not know one another very well, I pray for her eyes to get better, and for her to be well.

Lilith Cherry
12-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm praying for you Karen! I have diabetic retinopathy and am losing my sight too so I know exactly what you are feeling. I can no longer see well enough to drive which is a real pain! Lots of loving thoughts to you for a quick recovery.:love:

Alysser
12-23-2011, 08:52 PM
I really miss seeing Karen around to! I hope she's okay. :love:

Karen
12-23-2011, 09:48 PM
I just called, and didn't get to talk to her, but I am going to call her sometime tomorrow before 1 pm.

shais_mom
02-03-2012, 10:28 AM
many thoughts and prayers coming your way!

sana
02-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Lots of prayers for Karen! I hope she gets well soon! :love:

redbird
02-04-2012, 01:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear this and I am sending prayers and good vibes to you, hope all turns out well.