PDA

View Full Version : THURSDAYS 438 - lets stay cool in the shade

catland
07-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Richard must still be off doing whatever it is that Richard does. :rolleyes: Gook thing I had an extra set of keys made when he wasn't looking.

I know a bunch of you are still swealtering - how bout a Hawaiian Frozen Margarita? (compliments of About.com)

•1 cup of ice
•1 1/2 oz tequila
•1/2 oz Triple Sec
•2 oz fresh or frozen strawberries
•2 oz fresh or canned pineapple
•dash of sour mix
•strawberry and/or pineapple for garnish
Preparation:
1.Pour the ingredients into a blender.
2.Blend until smooth.
3.Pour contents into a chilled margarita glass.
4.Garnish with the strawberries and pineapple.

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
07-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Oooh, even though we're out of the red zone today, that sounds good! :)

We haven't been out of the 90's for a while; it's nice to see 80's again! I'll bring some munchies for the bar - it's lunchtime! Discovered these really GREAT bar munchies recently called "BMoreNutz" (it's a Baltimore company-BMore is shortened to that a lot). They're peanuts in potato chip batter, fried then coated in crab seasoning - seriously addicting!! A bag for the bar, and here's the link:

http://www.bmorenutz.com/

davidpizzica
07-14-2011, 01:28 PM
ooh, Pinot's mom, that sounds SO cool and tasty! It's been 90 or near 90 here in the Pittsburgh for a while now and a lot of our green lawns are turrning brown!

Queen of Poop
07-14-2011, 01:35 PM
That drink does sound good, might I have one also. Not for the heat mind you, we're cloudy and under threat of rain - AGAIN! But for a celebration of sorts. While it's not done by any means we've had a minor breakthru in the divorce situation. When I can expound on the details will let you all know!

Cali and Diego send Meow's to everyone too!

Catty1
07-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Congrats QOP....I'll have a virgin what everyone else is having to celebrate! :D

catland
07-14-2011, 04:00 PM
C1 - one virgin on the house (that sounds wrong)

QP - its threatening to rain here too - what else is new. Congrats on the breakthrough.

dp - one cold one for you. I would love to see brown grass - ours is still an appalling shade of green. maybe, maybe we'll see the sun again on Sunday (hey - good name for the day - that's about how often we've seen sunshine here this year).

PM - thanks for bringing the bar munchies - you're right, you can't eat just one.

DONE:D:D:D

lvpets2002
07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
:) Yup please gets Me & the Orc ones of those Fruity Drinks with a umbrella.. We will bring snacks & the mega water blaster.. Its so Hot outside..

davidpizzica
07-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Has Orc been behaving lately? I would think with RICHARD absent he would be his normal (what's that?) self. Maybe I'll find his remote and ride herd on him!

catland
07-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Oh No! Orc got into the bag of Pinot's Boston Munchies. :eek: I hope he doesn't have a peanut allergy.

Still no sign of Richard - so I'll put on some cofee - we can make iced coffee for those of you still in the heat. My brother lives in Dallas and they've had over 2 weeks of 100+ heat.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I'd love a big cold cherry limeade, please? We are back into the 100s with no end in sight. :p ick!!!!:love:

catland
07-15-2011, 02:53 PM
momo - one BIG cold cherry limeade. DONE.

I think our high temps here are lower that your low temps:eek:

stay cool:cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Orc helped fill the pool out back. (He held the hose and I turned on the faucet) Now we can take a refreshing dip or just dangle our toes in the water and have our drinks. The trees we planted are making lots of shade now.

Our weather forecaster at noon had a short and not so sweet forecast:
Hot and going to stay that way. :eek: :love:

Pinot's Mom
07-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Orc filled the pool 'cause he had to cool down after the crab munchies - not used to that spice! ;)

We're having pleasant weather this weekend on the Delaware River in Lackawaxa, Pa. (on the NY border); a nice B&B here. The proprietor made blueberry pancakes and sausage - there's more than enough to share! Help yourselves everyone!

gini
07-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Those crab munchies sound out of this world.................I would love some of those along with the special Catland drink. Boy, we sure do come up with good things to eat and drink at this bar.

I hope Richard isn't forgetting his duties here - you can't just walk off and forget about all of us thirsty and hungry loyal patrons of Thursdays!:D

Catty1
07-17-2011, 01:48 PM
I think RICHARD is still waiting for his computer to come in...and it IS the weekend!

I know - he stayed overtime for the second church service AND the Bible Study! ;)

pomtzu
07-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm cookin'........:)

There's beer-butt chicken cookin' on the grill. Making some angel hair pasta with a creamy garlic and parsley sauce, peas, and also diced cantaloupe for dessert (if there's any room left for dessert). Lemonade, iced tea, or whatever your poison to wash it down. There will be plenty of everything, so come join in. :)

Karen
07-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Sounds yummy, and would make me horribly sick in real life (too many allergies in what you listed) so I'll have some here - and a big glass of cold iced tea! Got raspberries in the fridge, we can add some of those to the cantaloupe, and be extra fancy, how's that?

pomtzu
07-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Sounds yummy, and would make me horribly sick in real life (too many allergies in what you listed) so I'll have some here - and a big glass of cold iced tea! Got raspberries in the fridge, we can add some of those to the cantaloupe, and be extra fancy, how's that?

Can't you even eat the chicken??? I just checked on it - lookin' and smellin' good! :)
Raspberries with the melon sounds yummy. Wish I could find some berries reasonably priced, but they're so expensive - right now anyway. I got 2 melons at my favorite farm stand a few days ago. I call them Monster Melons, or melons on steroids - they each weighed almost 10 lbs. That's the only place I'll buy them since discovering this place a few years ago.

Karen
07-17-2011, 04:02 PM
The chicken - as long as there's no marinade involving olive oil, canola oil or corn oil, no garlic ... Just plain chicken IS Karen-safe. For family events, my brother marinates some chicken chunks in a separate bag with ginger and soy sauce, and that gets its own skewer and spot on the grill. Yup - I iz spoiled!

pomtzu
07-17-2011, 04:11 PM
The chicken - as long as there's no marinade involving olive oil, canola oil or corn oil, no garlic ... Just plain chicken IS Karen-safe. For family events, my brother marinates some chicken chunks in a separate bag with ginger and soy sauce, and that gets its own skewer and spot on the grill. Yup - I iz spoiled!

Oh well - that leaves the beer-butt chicken out for you too. :( Iced tea and melon a'plenty tho.........:)

Karen
07-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Here at Thursdays, there's no allergens in anything, so I'll have some chicken, no worries! In real life I cannot eat the cantaloupe, either!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Beer in the rear chicken and some potato salad and cherry limeaide for me, please. I made the mistake of checking the 10 day forecast. No break from the heat in sight. :(:love:

Karen
07-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Beer in the rear chicken and some potato salad and cherry limeaide for me, please. I made the mistake of checking the 10 day forecast. No break from the heat in sight. :(:love:

Moff, c'mon up North! It'll be warm, but with intermittent thunderstorms, and it cools right down at night! Here's out 10-day:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Newton+Center+MA+02459?from=36hr_topnav_aq

catland
07-18-2011, 01:46 AM
or come out west - we had record rainfall today at my company picnic which was of course outside at a park.:eek: We get one nice day tomorrow and then its back to April weather again.

On the plus side, I'm growing lettuce that is doing great so I'll make a salad to go with the BB Chicken. :cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm melting..... mel...ting!!! gasp gasp

I'd love a strawberry malt to melt along with me. :D

pomtzu
07-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Hot and gettin' hotter!!! At noon it was 95 with a heat index of 105. Wonder what it will top out at??? Headed for the 100's by Thursday. :mad: I'd rather deal with snow!

Went to the farm market earlier and picked up more cantaloupe, and lettuce and tomatoes too. I'll be living on L & T sandwiches till this heat breaks - can't stand hot meals when the weather is like this.

So help yourselves all - a plate of sandwiches and a huge bowl of diced melon ready for the taking.

Are there any wine coolers around here anywhere, or maybe some Sangria, or did Orc polish it all off?? :eek:

Stay safe and cool everyone. :)