PDA

View Full Version : George

Catty1
07-13-2011, 06:08 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=93&pictureid=770

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=93&pictureid=767

George two days ago:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=93&pictureid=4284

I have posted a lot about George, a wonderful kitty who I have had the true pleasure of cat-sitting when his person has been away.

Lately he had a tooth infection which infected an eye. With some antibiotics and painkillers, the eye got back to normal. But he became lethargic and just would not eat. He would purr, enjoy being brushed, but only eat a couple of treats, and no more than that.

George was taken to the vet this morning, and his owner and the vet had a very long talk. Yes, George could go on a pain patch, but the vet truly felt that his quality of life wasn't there. As far as the dental, George has a heart murmur and at his age and present condition, even just the anesthetic could kill him.

He did enjoy a better life for the few months he was on insulin - but apparently the diabetes and his age could leave him open to health challenges.

He went very quickly. His owner was clearly upset when he phoned me back. I was in tears.

Sweet, sweet George - play happy and whole at the Bridge.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and good thoughts throughout George's last ordeal.

carole
07-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Oh dear that is terribly sad, it sounds like the right choices were made for George in the end, and obviously his owner cared for him deeply,sometimes we have to make that hard call, it is about quality of life, and if it just is not there, it is unfair, even somewhat selfish to put a cat through so much, knowing that the end result is not going to be good, he just had too many complications i think, REST IN PEACE sweet kitty, Ash is there to greet you with open paws and a lick or two.

Take comfort in knowing candace you did a lot for George, and he was well loved.HUGS and my deepest sympathy to George's owners.:love::love:

Malibu's Mom
07-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Oh my, so sorry about poor George. I had been praying for him. He looked so sweet and laid-back. But the right decision was made and he is now pain free and able to play with many new friends at the rainbow bridge. Amber, Morris and Tiger will help to show him around. :love::love::love::love:

lizbud
07-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I am so sorry about George. :(:( I don't know know how I missed
your earlier thread on him, but just tonight read it all. It seemed clear
that you really bonded with George & if he was as sweet as you described,
I can see how easy that would be. He was a beauitufl boy and I believe
George knew how much you tried to help him. (((Hugs))) to you Candace.

Taz_Zoee
07-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Awww, so sad. :( A lot of times the right decisions are the most difficult. I am so sorry for you and George's owner.

RIP George

mrspunkysmom
07-13-2011, 08:19 PM
I am so sorry to hear about George.

phesina
07-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Rest in peace, dearest George, healthy and comfortable at the Rainbow Bridge now, as you await that grand reunion... One Fine Day.

You are very deeply loved and missed and grieved. Your Candace has shared your story with us all. You have touched my heart very much.

My deepest sympathy to your purrson and you (Candace) and all the others who love George so much.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
07-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Rest in Peace, George, all pain gone, and the softest pillow awaits for you in a warm ray of sunshine.

Medusa
07-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Oh I'm so sorry, Candace. George got the best of care w/you and you gave him love and a quality life in the last few years of his life. RIP, sweet George and peace to you, Candace. :love:

smokey the elder
07-14-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm so sorry about George. He was a beloved sweet kitty.:love:

Freedom
07-14-2011, 09:43 AM
George, pain free at Rainbow Bridge, have a lovely romp!

Candace, you did so much for this fella, I know it hurts at the end, but from what the vet says, this was the best choice.

Pinot's Mom
07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm so sorry about George; I'm very familiar with the "the anesthesia could kill him" talk with the vet. It's a rough decision.

RIP, George, play well at the Bridge. Peace to all who loved you.:love:

Randi
07-14-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm so sorry that George didn't pull though, you did so much to help him. :)

Rest easy, George, you will be missed! :love:

mathteach
07-14-2011, 02:11 PM
So sorry to hear about George. I recently lost my little Princess, I am so sorry.

Catty1
07-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks, everyone. I called his owner today, and he is ok...he is a musician (upright bass) and practices along with jazz recordings. He is going to do some music to help feel better.

He didn't want a paw print or anything of George. He has years of photos and maybe even a video, and will be putting a little slide show together. :love: I wanna cry just thinking of it.

Thanks again. He was a very loved kitty.:love:

chocolatepuppy
07-14-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm very sorry about George.:(

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( RIP sweet George.:(

catmandu
07-15-2011, 09:22 AM
:(
We are so sorry to hear about George's passing.
He was such a Big Furry Cat Friend , and now he will have a whole new life as a Cat Angel.
:love:
All of Our Angels were waiting there for George to arrive and meet him and take him for his wings of silver and gold and for his first meal as a Cat Angel.
His Dear Cat Dad and George wil be reunited in love .
One Fine Day:love: