PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the email addy for the White House?

momoffuzzyfaces
07-12-2011, 03:21 PM
I kid you not! I want to email our congress. Now they have decided not to send out Social Security Checks next month because they can't get off their bums and pass the budget. Oh, but they will still get THEIR checks and all the aid to the counties that hate us will get theirs. :mad:

It's not bad enough we didn't get a raise for two years. Now we won't have any money at all. Guess we weren't dying off fast enough for the greedy fools in power, now we will starve and be homeless too. I am already 130 percent below poverty level. Well, since I won't be able to buy anything, not medicine, or food, or pay my bills, or feed my cats, I probably won't make it for a month. :mad:

Karen
07-12-2011, 03:29 PM
If you go to http://whitehouse.gov, you email the whitehouse.

If you go to http://www.house.gov/ you can find your Congressperson and
http://www.senate.gov/ you can find your Senator.

Emailing or calling them will have more impact than you might think, because so few people bother to do it!

pomtzu
07-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm a dead duck if I don't get my check next month! :mad:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm a dead duck if I don't get my check next month! :mad:Yep, there will be lots of us!!!:(

Freedom
07-12-2011, 04:05 PM
This is so sad. I had a good laugh when POTUS was on TV (last week?) and explained his daughters can get their homework done the day before it is due, and they are 11 and 13. EXACTLY!

What is it about politics, that you have to do all nighters?

momoffuzzyfaces
07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
That's the phone number for the comments for the White House. It's open from 9-5 Eastern time. Of course, when I called it was busy continually. Then it was closed. I will try again tomorrow. After all, the recording told me the President LOVES hearing our comments. I just bet he does!:p

Lady's Human
07-12-2011, 04:24 PM
It's a threat to do so, not a fait accompli, and it's political gamesmanship at its worst.

Call your representative, the White House has little constitutional say when it comes to spending. The President can threaten and cajole all he wants, but it's the House in control on this issue, not him.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-12-2011, 04:52 PM
It's a threat to do so, not a fait accompli, and it's political gamesmanship at its worst.

Call your representative, the White House has little constitutional say when it comes to spending. The President can threaten and cajole all he wants, but it's the House in control on this issue, not him.

Yep, they will be hearing from me too. :love:

Asiel
07-12-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm totally amazed. I had no idea this was legal. Don't think it is in Canada, no matter what disruption we have, the Social Security cheques are always delivered from what I hear. Even people on disability or welfare get their cheques, during the last postal strike the cheques were dropped off at a government building and people could go pick them up.

Lady's Human
07-12-2011, 06:53 PM
The issue is that if there's no money in the treasury to back the check, it's worthless. Unless the children in Congress (on both sides) learn to play nice-nice with each other it could definitely become an issue.