PDA

View Full Version : Sprain Ankle

Anikaca77
07-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Well Saturday mid-afternoon I was taking out the trash with my husband and outside our building there is a rock filled drive way. Of course I choose to go that way instead of going all the way out near my car and then turning. My husband asked me a question and just as I was answering my ankle turned inwards and I started doing that scuffle run thing where I was trying to catch myself and not fall with garbage in my hands.

Luckily I was able to catch myself though :)

I felt a bit of pain in my ankle and foot but I just figured I probably sprained it, not big deal.

So we got in the car and I drove over to get my mom since we were going to T&D's Cats of the World

http://tdscats.com/

It's a very cool place and I've been going there for a couple of years now. So I drove there and felt fine didn't have any issues, walked around, didn't feel any pain, etc. On the ride back home though (it's about 1 hr. from where we live) it started to hurt some and that evening I did put some ice on it and it was hurting pretty good.

Sunday came still had swelling on the outer side of my ankle, so I iced it for part of the day that I could, then had to go on a 4 hour straight drive....and it was sore but not too bad since I was wearing flip flops. It started to get irritated the last hour or so of the drive home.

I iced it again last night and had a rough night sleeping due to my ankle hurting. I was hoping the swelling would go down but it's still there today.

I'm trying to ice it while I'm at work and I've done it about 2 times or so today...but it's still pretty swollen.

I've had a little bit of numbness but I don't think it's anything to worry about...just wish I wasn't so clumsy.

I guess this is what I get for laughing at people when they fall down.

Melissa

Taz_Zoee
07-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Ouch! Been there, done that. :(
When ever you can, elevate your foot. That should also help.
I severly twisted mine and instantly there was a huge knot the size of a softball on my ankle. Not fun!

I hope you feel better soon!!

phesina
07-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Oh, ouch! I'm so sorry, Melissa.

I hope this is all better very soon for you!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Medusa
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Sprains are not fun, especially when it's an ankle and you put your weight on your feet. Keep icing it and propping it up whenever you can, Melissa.

krazyaboutkatz
07-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Ouch!!! I hope you feel better soon. Try not to put any weight on it. You may need to see a doctor if it doesn't improve soon. Please take care.

mrspunkysmom
07-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your ankle. Elevate as much as possible.

Anikaca77
07-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Well the ankle is feeling better today but my right side is hurting like made today.....I had my band removed on June 24th and it was healing just fine until today...I got up and I was feeling fine and I got in to the car and stopped by a store b/f going to work and I felt this pain on my side....I have a drs. appt. for my 2 week check up tomorrow but this pain is painful.

Melissa