PDA

View Full Version : Trying to have some fun...

Queen of Poop
07-10-2011, 06:36 PM
...check out how I painted my toe nails today!

Don't they just make you smile and giggle.

I'm trying to make some happiness in my life. Everything else is on hold and driving me around the bend.

Hope you enjoy. Hey, let's see yours!

Karen
07-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Fun! I'm (sadly) allergic to nail polish, so never bother to wear it, but that looks fun!

phesina
07-10-2011, 07:22 PM
What fun! They're lovely.

krazyaboutkatz
07-10-2011, 07:25 PM
LOL Very colorful and cheery looking.:) I don't like nail polish and I also hate to have long nails so I'm constantly clipping them short. Maybe some other people can share their pictures though.

happylabs
07-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Love it! Very fun. I always wear toenail polish in the summertime because I wear sandals or bare feet. :D

I was trying to decide whether to redo mine tonight. A lot of friends of mine go and get pedicures at the mall. I have never had a pedicure. I can't imagine letting a stranger touch my feet...LOL! I just soak my piggies in a dish pan I got at the dollar store with some foot lotion in the water. It is very soothing.

Freedom
07-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Hey, they MATCH!

If I tried that, they wouldn't. *giggle* :D So I stick to one color. But I haven't had time to do mine this summer - YET! Thanks for the reminder.

Taz_Zoee
07-10-2011, 08:32 PM
That's very cute!! :D
I used to get grossed out at the thought of someone else touching my feet for a pedi. Then a good friend did it for me, so now I'm hooked! :D

I actually took a picture of my toesies last week in the doggies pool. They match the pool!! My left foot looks funny, but its because of the water.
I have repainted them since this picture. They are now a darker purple.

pomtzu
07-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Plain old boring and neutral frosty beige for me. That way, if I get some on the toes in addition to the nails, it's not too noticeable! I always have a method behind my madness!

I keep polish on year round - and nobody messes with my feet, but me! :eek:

wombat2u2004
07-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Is that 6 toes I see on your left foot ??? Or have I just had too much wine ??? :p

Queen of Poop
07-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Is that 6 toes I see on your left foot ??? Or have I just had too much wine ??? :p

I'm thinking you've had too much wine Wom!!

Asiel
07-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Can't do nail polish, toes or fingers. My nails just crack the day after and then the top layer of nail peels with the nail polish. I just file them mid length and shine with some oil a hairdresser recommended, seems to work fine , my nails are shiny but no colour.

Cataholic
07-11-2011, 11:45 AM
I love a pedicure!!! LOVE it! I treat myself to them year round. Pedis? Not so much, as I do too much rough stuff and they chip the polish too quickly.

Asiel- I totally swear by this stuff I got in the mall, at one of those kiosks where the people nearly come running at you, LOL. Of course, I can't remember the name of the product at the moment. You buff with a white thing, then buff with another colour thingy, and I swear to jalapeno peppers, your nails will SHINE like a lighthouse light at midnight. For weeks, too!

I saw that this funny buffer thing is also available now at drugstores.

happylabs
07-11-2011, 01:20 PM
That's very cute!! :D
I used to get grossed out at the thought of someone else touching my feet for a pedi. Then a good friend did it for me, so now I'm hooked! :D

I actually took a picture of my toesies last week in the doggies pool. They match the pool!! My left foot looks funny, but its because of the water.
I have repainted them since this picture. They are now a darker purple.

Love the purple! I saw a woman at the grocery store with these goreous sparkly purple toenails so I HAD to have some sparkly purple nail polish. I was sad when I got it home to find out that the polish was clear with the purple sparkles in it. My daughter laughed thinking I should have known that. :mad: SO, she painted like 4 coats so the entire nail was purple and sparkly. It was way cool looking...HOWEVER, when I went to take that polish off, it took about 5 minutes per toe. No more sparkles for me. :(

Wom...doesn't everyone have 6 toes????? :D

Taz_Zoee
07-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Asiel- I totally swear by this stuff I got in the mall, at one of those kiosks where the people nearly come running at you, LOL. Of course, I can't remember the name of the product at the moment. You buff with a white thing, then buff with another colour thingy, and I swear to jalapeno peppers, your nails will SHINE like a lighthouse light at midnight. For weeks, too!

Years ago my mom and I were in the mall and the same thing happened to us. He couldn't do it on my nails because at the time I had acrylics on. And I was so skeptical when he started buffing one of my moms nails. We were both amazed at how shiny it was. I can't remember what it was called either. And I wish I could get some now that I don't have acrylics. I also never go to the mall. Yesterday was the first time I've been to a mall in......well, probably since my mom and I went the time stated above.

Happylabs, I just love purple! When I had acrylics on my nails I had purple glittery tips. I think you can see them in the early pictures of Paizly. :)

Asiel
07-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I love a pedicure!!! LOVE it! I treat myself to them year round. Pedis? Not so much, as I do too much rough stuff and they chip the polish too quickly.

I saw that this funny buffer thing is also available now at drugstores.

Thanks Cataholic. Now if all those "thingys" had names I might try to get hold of some but I don't think anyone will understand me when I ask for those "thingies " to make my nails pretty :)
We do know one is a white thingy buffer and one is another colour thingy so I might make headway. The jalapeno peppers might throw me for a loop , do you eat them or buff the nails with them. I would love to have nails that shine like a beacon in the dark though. I'll try to ask at the drugstore for a nail buffer, I have seen some but might not have spotted the funny one you mean. I know the few I did try didn't do a thing for my nails.
One thing about women, we're never short on words to describe what we mean , even if no one else knows what we mean:D

Queen of Poop
07-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Great to see so many responses! I've attached another toe polish photo, but this is not my foot, it's my MOM's!!! She's caught my toe nail painting disease! She's 70 years old and is learning to have fun with colour on her toes.

The way I figure it is if I'm going to take the time to paint my toe nails I might as well have some fun with it!

Cataholic
07-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Dearest Asiel,
For you, I got off the couch, set down my wine glass, and rummaged through my closet. I can report tjat the product is called "Deep Sea Spa Care", and this was bought years ago. I do know my local mall sells the product, and I endorse it. It might be available online. I know my sister got the drugstore thingie, lol, in a magazine most recently. I will try to remember to ask her what brand it is. I can only remember one brand right now, and it is chilling in the fridge. :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Cat - willing to share a glass?

I have one on my desk that I found in a magazine last week. I tried it and it seemed to work really well. One side polishes and the other buffs - or some such...it is called Revlon Crazy Shine.

wombat2u2004
07-13-2011, 07:16 PM
I like the Californian style.

http://img1.imagehousing.com/64/1195c253d9e6e4cc953a54497a57733a.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/797602)

Cataholic
07-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I have one on my desk that I found in a magazine last week. I tried it and it seemed to work really well. One side polishes and the other buffs - or some such...it is called Revlon Crazy Shine.

Revlon Crazy Shine it is!

Taz_Zoee
07-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I like the Californian style.

http://img1.imagehousing.com/64/1195c253d9e6e4cc953a54497a57733a.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/797602)

What do you mean Californian style?? I take offense to that! ;)
Those are disgusting!!! The person she sleeps with must have to wear jeans to bed so they don't get sliced to pieces. YUCK!!