PDA

View Full Version : Online with my brother' Kindle

sana
07-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Finally its Wifi started working and I am online from it!!!

This is soooooo awesome!But, everything's in black and white... But, it's still very cool!:cool:

happylabs
07-09-2011, 06:58 AM
I love my Kindle. I have only had it a couple months. It is so convenient.

sana
07-10-2011, 12:02 AM
I love my Kindle. I have only had it a couple months. It is so convenient.

Yes, really easy to handle and really user-friendly! :)

Pinot's Mom
07-10-2011, 06:46 AM
I have a kindle and am very fond of it, but I don't have the feature that can put me on line anywhere else but the Amazon store. That's fine - I bought it for books.

pomtzu
07-10-2011, 06:53 AM
I have a kindle and am very fond of it, but I don't have the feature that can put me on line anywhere else but the Amazon store. That's fine - I bought it for books.

Maggie - can you adjust the size of the print on them? I get headaches trying to read for any period of time and it happens with or without my readers. Plus with the diminished sensation in my hands, holding a book can be tiring and achey. I was thinking a Kindle might work for these 2 issues I have.

Pinot's Mom
07-10-2011, 07:02 AM
You can make the font any size you wish. The price right now is hard to beat; the basic version is $114 and there are SO MANY free books, as well as low priced ones, you can get.

pomtzu
07-10-2011, 07:06 AM
You can make the font any size you wish. The price right now is hard to beat; the basic version is $114 and there are SO MANY free books, as well as low priced ones, you can get.

Thanks! Maybe I'll put one on my Christmas wish list - if I don't just buy one first. :)

Sirrahsim
07-10-2011, 11:10 AM
I looooove my Kindle. I adjust the print larger when I am on the elliptical but generally read with the smallest or next to smallest setting. Some books even allow text to speech, which is kind of the poor man's audiobook. The computer voice takes some getting used to but could be worse! I also love the ability to get online. Mine is the 3G one which was awesome when we lived in Germany and didn't have web on our phone!