PDA

View Full Version : Betty Ford dies at 93.

Grace
07-08-2011, 08:18 PM
(CNN) -- Betty Ford, the widow of late President Gerald Ford and a co-founder of an eponymous addiction center in California, has died at the age of 93, according to the director of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and Museum.

Ford died Friday evening with family at her bedside, according to a family member.

Link to CNN article (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/08/betty.ford.dies/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn)

K9karen
07-08-2011, 09:01 PM
God Speed Mrs Ford. You done good.

Grace
07-08-2011, 09:38 PM
She sure did - she was one classy lady.

Karen
07-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Rest in peace, gracious lady, enjoy your reunion at the Rainbow Bridge, and with all your loved ones.

Edwina's Secretary
07-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Godspeed to an elegant, classy, spunky, outspoken, intelligent and gorgeous lady!

Pinot's Mom
07-09-2011, 07:54 AM
A very compassionate and gracious lady indeed. RIP; well done.

Marigold2
07-09-2011, 09:45 AM
She mused that living together before marriage might be wise, thought women should be drafted into the military if men were, and spoke up unapologetically for abortion rights, taking a position contrary to the president's. "Having babies is a blessing, not a duty," Mrs. Ford said

WOW.......................... What an incredible role model for women.
I am in awe. And also saddened that I did not know her views before this.

Having babies is a blessings, not a duty. One of the wisest things I have ever heard.

phesina
07-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Rest in peace, Betty Ford, after a life well lived.

Grace
07-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I was just reading another article about Mrs. Ford, and came across this,

Florist John Ballow for years has catered to Rancho Mirage's wealthy and famous, but there were few with whom he developed as close a relationship as the woman he reverentially calls "Mrs. Ford."

"I took this almost as bad as a member of my family dying — the world does not make Mrs. Fords anymore," said Ballow.

smokey the elder
07-11-2011, 12:10 PM
She had a lot of guts, revealing her addiction to pain killers and the subsequent intervention by her family, which ultimately led to the Betty Ford clinics. RIP, Mrs. Ford.

Cataholic
07-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Like Marigold, I didn't have a true appreciation for her goodliness on earth. She was a remarkable woman.

Grace
07-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I watched the first Memorial Service, from California, on CSPAN today.

Rosalyn Carter and Cokie Roberts were two who did eulogies - at Mrs. Ford's request. They were wonderful - you could feel the love they both had for Mrs. Ford.