PDA

View Full Version : Squirrels love french fries!

happylabs
07-08-2011, 06:55 PM
The squirrels in the park where I ate my lunch today were begging for food. Turns out they love french fries.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=4279

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=4278

Vette
07-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Aw cute! :D

pretty soon theres gunna be "dont feed the squirrels" signs ;)

K9karen
07-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Smart! Who doesn't love french fries?

(when I was around 10, the local backyard squirrel (named Bushytail) became my best bud. Lots of nuts, bread and food. Jumped on my shoulder and stayed there. No biting, no fear. Came when she was called. Once jumped into my mom's apron pocket when she was hanging clothes and scared the dickens out of her. I loved that squirrel. Followed me from tree to tree when I walked home from school)

chocolatepuppy
07-08-2011, 09:32 PM
So cute!:D

sana
07-08-2011, 11:49 PM
aw! sweet photos! :love: :)

sana
07-08-2011, 11:53 PM

(when I was around 10, the local backyard squirrel (named Bushytail) became my best bud. Lots of nuts, bread and food. Jumped on my shoulder and stayed there. No biting, no fear. Came when she was called. Once jumped into my mom's apron pocket when she was hanging clothes and scared the dickens out of her. I loved that squirrel. Followed me from tree to tree when I walked home from school)

aw! I wish I had a squirrel friend like that! :love:

happylabs
07-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Aw cute! :D

pretty soon theres gunna be "dont feed the squirrels" signs ;)

Everyone at this park feeds them. They come right up to the cars and beg.

Bonny
07-09-2011, 06:56 AM

I grew up with squirrels in my folks yard full of Bur Oak trees. Dad put up houses in the trees for the squirrels to live in. We had a feeder in the back yard & would gather up walnuts in the fall to feed the squirrels over the winter.

When I would get home from school I would fill up two large tablespoons with peanut butter & the squirrels would climb up the lawn chair I was sitting in & sit on the arm of the chair & eat peanut butter out of the spoons.:D

Marigold2
07-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Ahhh how precious. Those sweet little faces.

phesina
07-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Awwww! Such yummies!

Kirsten
07-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Saw this little guy on FB already, but I have to say it again - he's way too cute! :love: I love the expression on his little face while he's eating, and how he's holding the french fries in his little hands... He looks so happy in the second pic! :love:

Vette
07-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Everyone at this park feeds them. They come right up to the cars and beg.

Sounds like the seagulls that we fed at a McDonalds parking lot in a city neighboring us once. theyd come an sit right near you whether you were in your car or not. if people ignored them theyd squawk to get your attention or make you feel bad for not giving them something.

animals sure has us humans wrapped around their little paws/feathers or whatever dont they LOL

neko1
07-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Aww great pictures!

Back when I used to see my dad, he had a squirrel friend that would stop by the patio door. Then my dad would open up the door, the squirrel would come inside the kitchen, get his peanut, and leave...LOL

sasvermont
07-10-2011, 08:39 AM
My Dad would allow ducks to walk into his garage and eat....

I once had a job where I had a balcony in center city Philadelphia. For awhile, in the a.m. I would put out crackers for the pigeons. It got to the point, within days, that whenever I would walk to the sliding glass door to the patio, (six floors up), they would come flying to the patio. I had to stop it because there were so many and they were pooping all over the place.

I had friends who fed squirrels for years. I personally, have fed squirrels in parks and was amazed how bold they were. I am afraid of squirrels so steer clear of them at all costs now.

Cute photos of the little fella with the fry! Adorable.

sana
07-10-2011, 10:40 PM
The squirrels in our park are usually busy chasing each other, :) I never actually got to feed them. I would like to try next time I go to the park :)

Kirsten
07-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Our squirrels always run away from humans. And they're looking different, their fur is red.

This is how German squirrels are looking like:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/squirrel_1.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
07-11-2011, 06:40 PM
How cute.:) I remember only seeing gray squirrels when I lived on the East Coast. Now I see mainly black squirrels. When I lived in SC, my brother trapped a young squirrel that was in our garage. A cat next door had been killing a lot them so he wanted to save this one. We kept him for a while and kind of tamed him. We had to let him go when he decided to start chewing up our screened in porch. After that he still hung around for quite a while. Sometimes he'd jump on our neighbors shoulders and scare them. He used to like to ride on our shoulders. Even some of the other squirrels started coming up closer to us because they saw us feeding him. We named him Gray. After he matured more, we never saw him again. He probably found a female squirrel and started his own family.:)

happylabs
07-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Our squirrels always run away from humans. And they're looking different, their fur is red.

This is how German squirrels are looking like:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/squirrel_1.jpg

Oh wow...your squirrels are so much prettier! Fox red. Awesome.

happylabs
03-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Kirsten and I were just talking about this post on FB. Kirsten, how about you post your squirrel pic in this thread?

Kirsten
03-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Kirsten and I were just talking about this post on FB. Kirsten, how about you post your squirrel pic in this thread?

Okay, here's the little nut-eating guy I photographed today: :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/431355_3340252192569_1456615523_2983796_995366570_ n.jpg

lizbud
03-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Okay, here's the little nut-eating guy I photographed today: :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/431355_3340252192569_1456615523_2983796_995366570_ n.jpg

Oh, he's so cute & he looks like a young one.:love: Are those big fuzzy ears I see? :)

happylabs
03-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Oh, he's so cute & he looks like a young one.:love: Are those big fuzzy ears I see? :)

I thought the ears looked furry too. :)

Barbara
03-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Yes, our squirrels have fuzzy ears- like a bobcat. And about French fries- even the kitties love them;)