PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #437. Summer finally arrived in the north-wet coast

catland
07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
YAY - I realize a lot of you are sweltering and that I have it lucky - but this has been a verrrryyy long, cold, cloudy spring. We've been setting records for most rainy days in a month, fewest 80 degree days to date, etc. - but now it is finally beautiful!

So, the first round is on me. Anyone for some strawberry-lemonade?

Marigold2
07-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Yes it is very hot here too after a long and wet spring.
My flowers are having a blast.
I am hiding inside with the AC.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Strawberry lemonade sounds great to me. We did have storms this morning and dropped our temps into the 80s. That will end Saturday when the temps will be back in the 100s. :love:

smokey the elder
07-07-2011, 01:40 PM
That sounds great. I have some raspberry vodka to add if anyone's interested.

catland
07-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I spoke too soon. :eek: The clouds have returned. Momo - one strawberry lemonade before it gets too hot.

Smokey - do you want that raspberry vodka straight-up or with the lemonade?

Mari - I'm happy for your flowers and hope that your AC keeps on working.

done. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Sure been quiet at the bar this week. Everyone must be hung over from the 4th of July festivities. I'll just sneak another strawberry-lemonade. The temp and humitity is back again. :love:

Lady's Human
07-09-2011, 03:45 PM
It's been a week of insanity. I'll take a large irish please, and a couple hundred feet of det cord to "repair" a certain car.....

Karen
07-09-2011, 04:00 PM
I was brave this week*, and tried some fresh raspberries, not sure whether I would be allergic to them or not. I have a ton of food allergies, so am always wary ... but they are in season, on sale and .... guess what???? No reaction whatsoever! Yay! I had raspberries on my cereal two days in a row, and have suffered no ill consequences! Yay! Party time!

Anyone up for ice cream with raspberries? A good vanilla ice cream with raspberries slightly crushed with a bit of sugar ... anyone wanna share?

I am very happy about this! I am allergic to strawberries and cranberries are absolutely verboten by my allergist - they've never seen a reaction like mine to cranberries, apparently, so now I know both blueberries AND raspberries are safe, I am a happy person.

*The reactions that I have range from anaphlactic (life-threatening) to gastro-intestinal - and that's sometimes throwing up for sometimes 12-16 hours, so it DOES require bravery to try something I am unsure of - as I really hate vomitting.

slick
07-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Hi Julie, long time no see. How's your pants??
Now really, you didn't think this would die did you? :D:D

Yes, summer has finally arrived here too although I hear we are in for some more rain. :rolleyes:

I'll take some chocolate covered strawberries and some fine champagne please. Only occasion is another PT Thursday, started on Wednesday, dragged into the following week, bar.:love:

Pinot's Mom
07-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Summer arrived here a while ago...we've been hovering around 90 for some time. We got 2" of rain finally but it didn't make a dent. Welcome to summer in Maryland!

We're lucky, though; we have friends in from Austin and they haven't had rain in NINE MONTHS! There are severe water restrictions in place there.

Strawberry lemonade straight for now (it's only 7:30 am); I'll have the vodka later - thanks!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Back for a refill of straw-berry lemonade. It's 104 outside right now. I didn't have the nerve to check the heat index. I need 7 catnip ice teas for the brats too, please? :love:

RICHARD
07-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Hi everyone.

I should be getting my computer in a few days and that makes me happy!

My roomie is considerate enough to let me post on her laptop, but sometimes I feel like a bothersome little brother trying to get some time in.

Let me pour you all a lemonade and hope your weather is better than here in KY-supposed to be 110 today- adjusted with the humidity in mind?:eek:

DONE!

catland
07-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Richard - 110:eek: you should move up this way - if you can take 11.5 months of rain the two weeks of nice weather are really fun.:rolleyes:

Momo - did you get your catnip teas? I planted some catnip plants around my house if you need more.

Pinot - sounds like we've gotten all of Austin's rain this year - I would be glad to share if I could.

Hey Slick - good to hear from you - the pants are good - although now a size too small - gotta love this middle age crap.

Karen - YAY on the raspberries.:D:D

LH - 200 ft det cord. DONE

Lady's Human
07-11-2011, 11:03 AM
LH - 200 ft det cord. DONE

Thank you. I tried to get the stockroom at work to order it for me, but they were hung up about jail time for some reason (I even gave them the stock number for it!)