PDA

View Full Version : Was it real? A ghost? I don't know.

CountryWolf07
07-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Don't read if you get easily spooked..

So, my brother's girlfriend proceeds to tell me that the other night, she woke up at 3am, feeling my bed being shaken along with feeling being dragged off my bed in her sleep. She said she tried to scream, to wake herself up, but she couldn't. She did wake up, then she thought, "what the..?" and she heard weird music coming from outside, only lasted a couple minutes. She looks at me and says, I don't know what it is, but I think it was just a dream, but it felt so real. I brushed it off, I admit, I got spooked. That's my bedroom, we're talking about. Pretty random, also.

Now, my house was haunted a while ago, but it has been quite a while since anything happened. We had three spirits here, all went to the light once we found out what was going on in the house. I didn't believe in them back then, until I experienced my bed being shaken and my desk lamp turned on for no reason. Spooked me enough to go sleep in my parents' bed, and I was about 15 or 16 at the time.

Okay now, my point with this - YESTERDAY, I took a two hour nap, it was one of those heavy naps. I totally needed it. I was exhausted. Anyway, I can't really recall, but near the end of my nap, out of nowhere, I seemed to see my body and I could see myself/feeling myself being dragged off my bed. It felt like someone was trying to pull me off, not wake me, but yet, made me aware of what was going on. I went through exactly the same thing my brother's girlfriend did. Just only a day or two apart. Except for her, it happened at night, mine happened during late afternoon. I've NEVER experienced this sort of thing before, too, which probably scares me more than it used to scare me back then...

I'm officially spooked. I'm 26 years old, and I just don't feel comfortable being in my room, or even being on my bed. I am making my mom call Mary Ann today, who's a ghostbuster, just to CONFIRM if anything is going on, because if there is, I'd like it to be done with. I just can't handle "what if".. You may be aware of her name, she is one of the co-creators of "The Ghost Whisperer"..

I must be crazy, period.

Freedom
07-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Well you may be crazy about pets, but this, no, I don't believe you are crazy.

I do believe there is an active spirit world which we are usually unaware of.

Will be interesting to see what the woman finds / learns.

smokey the elder
07-06-2011, 09:53 AM
You might want to set up a camera on a tripod pointing at your bed. If you have access to the IR spectrum or zero-lux, you might have some luck! I don't think you're crazy. At first it sounded like sleep paralysis, but that doesn't have the sensation of being dragged off the bed, to the best of my knowledge.

Lilith Cherry
07-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I hope Mary Ann can solve the problem for you:eek: I grew up in a haunted house in England and currently live in one in Canada although most of the time here it is only children playing I can hear here ( it is an old schoolhouse). Please take care of yourself:love:

CountryWolf07
07-06-2011, 11:06 AM
I also thought it was sleep paralysis, but it wasn't if I had that sensation of someone pulling me off my bed very slowly and I was so aware of it. Also with what my brother's girlfriend experienced, how can it not be something strange if I also experienced the same as well? :confused: That has to be something.
I also realized one thing, if there was something, Hank would DEFINITELY be aware of it and I'd definitely know. He hasn't shown any signs of it, though.
Called her today so I'm hoping to hear from her soon, maybe today/tomorrow. I sound like a wuss, but I just don't like being spooked!

kitten645
07-06-2011, 10:24 PM
The most important lesson I've learned in all my years is to trust my instinct. Don't doubt your inner being. You are not crazy. Trust what you know to be true.:love:

Marigold2
07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I would set up a video.
Not really a believer in ghosts. But I do try to keep an open mind.
I am one of those people that need proof.
Dreams can be very very tricky.
People sleep walk and do all kinds of weird things while asleep so I think the video would be a good idea.
Best of luck and please try not to be afraid.
I tend to be more afraid of drunk drivers then things that go bump in the night.

CountryWolf07
07-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Got a call from MaryAnn this morning. The house is clear. No ghosts/spirits hanging around here. Must've been some strange vivid dream I had, then.. glad it's all confirmed, though. :)

Karen
07-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Got a call from MaryAnn this morning. The house is clear. No ghosts/spirits hanging around here. Must've been some strange vivid dream I had, then.. glad it's all confirmed, though. :)

Yeah, I think it was just a combination of normal sleep paralysis, and then having heard your brother's girlfriend's story ... your brain drifted that way! ;)

Vette
07-08-2011, 07:01 PM
One time my bed shook enough that it woke me up,, i thought i dreamed the whole thing,, went back to sleep. hours later after i got up though on the news was something about a earth quick in Calif. or somewhere that stretched out enough that even some of WA state felt it. so i then knew it wasnt a dream an what happened

K9karen
07-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Glad you're safe though. I can tell a spirit story, verified by 2 other people (not me..I checked up on the story) that'd make your head spin.

Nomilynn
07-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Glad you're safe though. I can tell a spirit story, verified by 2 other people (not me..I checked up on the story) that'd make your head spin.

I'd love to hear it!

CountryWolf07
07-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Silly brain of mine. Just glad it turned out to be nothing.

I'd love to hear the story! Go ahead. :)