PDA

View Full Version : Turcotte verdict brought tears to many eyes

Catty1
07-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Another controversial verdict reached today in Quebec.

Excerpt:

St. Jérôme – Half of the spectators in the courtroom let out a sigh of relief and half sat in stunned shock.

And as one jury member broke down crying and a few others wiped tears from their eyes, Superior Court Justice Marc David assured the people who found cardiologist Guy Turcotte criminally not responsible Tuesday for having stabbed his children to death, that they could be proud of their work, regardless of the public reaction.

“There isn’t another group of eleven people, eleven lawyers, eleven jury members, eleven journalists or eleven members of the public who attended this trial every day,” David said. “This intimate knowledge of the evidence gave you the ability to render justice.”

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Turcotte+verdict+brought+tears+many+eyes/5054555/story.html#ixzz1RHlFT8Kf

phesina
07-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Oh my God.

moosmom
07-06-2011, 05:53 AM
I'm with you Pat, OMG!!!!! He got away with murder. That's despicable!!!

wombat2u2004
07-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Sheeeesh.....unreal

Asiel
07-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Must be our new Justice system taking over-- first Casey, now Turcotte.
So now if someone id depressed over a broken marriage it's okay to kill your kids.........SICK.

Marigold2
07-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Just goes to show that a lawyer will try to get his client off even with murder, even when they know without a doubt that this person is guilty.
I believe that is NOT their job.
From what I understand their job is to make sure they get a fair trial not to break the law and get away with murder.
They are officers of the court. But their concern is just about their career and money. Letting a murderer go is not a big deal if they get the raise.

Catty1
07-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Sometimes I think results like this are better than the death penalty.

Even if he 'snapped' and the mental illness theory is true, his life is finished. Who will love him? Who can trust him? He can never rebuild a brilliant career, if he gets a job at all.

It's a lifetime of solitary, with the memory of what he did. If his tears and grief were real, that torture will be compounded.

I suspect he will do himself in at some point.

Marigold2
07-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't know look at OJ and the nutcase women who loved him after he killed Nicole and Ron or all the women who write and marry men in jail.
Bunch of freaking nut jobs.

Catty1
07-07-2011, 05:15 PM
That's all they'll get - nutcases. Obsession isn't love - it's just obsession.

I meant more the love one has from friends and family; having a community. He's in isolation for the rest of his life, IMO.