PDA

View Full Version : Why me?

Willow Oak
07-03-2011, 04:09 PM
The dogs were creating a ruckus, so I went outside as usual to see what the fuss was about, and what is this I see? You tell me: they appear to be the cross between a Jack Russell and a chihuahua. I have already attempted to contact someone from our local animal shelter (such as it is). What are they exactly?

http://www.danieltaylor.us/sitebuilder/images/TogetherByWater-600x450.jpg

http://www.danieltaylor.us/sitebuilder/images/JackOnBelly-600x450.jpg

http://www.danieltaylor.us/sitebuilder/images/SolidBlackBigHand-600x450.jpg

Apparently they were deliberately dumped in the road right in front of my house.

happylabs
07-03-2011, 04:16 PM
All I have to say is awwwwwwww! I'll take the black one. So cute. Actually, wish I could take them. Definitely looks like chihuahua and jack russell.

IRescue452
07-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Cute! How come I don't get free puppies?! I think maybe they will get bigger than a jack and chi mix. At least the little brown and white has some thick legs. Probably a mix and a mix bred together.

catnapper
07-03-2011, 04:39 PM
What absolute cutie pies! I would snatch up the white one in a heartbeat :)

Karen
07-03-2011, 04:44 PM
They are adorable. I bet someone saw your crew and said "Maybe he won't notice a couple more, they're small ..." Like your dogs wouldn't raise the alarm!

At least, though, they left them with you instead of just turning them lose to "fend for themselves" in the woods somewhere.

Scooter's Mom
07-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I would love to have either of them! They're adorable.
good luck finding a place for them.

Freedom
07-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Aw, wee babies! How adorable!

You wouldn't try to rehome them yourself? I trust YOU to get them to good homes; the shelter? Ick!

Bonny
07-03-2011, 05:13 PM
They are really cutie pies. We have people dump cats of at our place. Did they maybe see your dogs outdoors & figure you would give the pups a good home?

momcat
07-03-2011, 05:22 PM
What cuties!!! They both look quite sweet and friendly. I hope they're not abandoned and a responsible owner will show up.

K9karen
07-03-2011, 10:34 PM
OMG! They're adorable! Love the black one getting belly rubs.
Hmmmm..wonder why they were dropped at your place?? :confused: Why would that be??? At least someone knows they'll be in good, safe, loving hands until they can find a good home. Or...maybe they already found one :p

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2011, 12:40 AM
They sure are cutie pies.:) I think you must have a sign some where that says " This Man Loves Animals". I hope that they'll both be able to find good homes or that you'll be able to take them in. Good luck.:)

Randi
07-04-2011, 03:40 AM
I get so angry when people dump animals like that! :mad: Whether it's in front of a shelter or a private house, they have no idea if there's room for more animals. It's obvious that the owner of these two have noticed you are an animal lover, but you certainly don't need more right now!

In a community as small as yours, I would think that someone know where they came from. I hope the local group you mention on your blog, can help and hopefully they will find a new responsible home.

Good luck and thanks for taking care of them! They sure look sweet and friendly. :)

Medusa
07-04-2011, 07:17 AM
I get so angry when people dump animals like that! :mad: Whether it's in front of a shelter or a private house, they have no idea if there's room for more animals. It's obvious that the owner of these two have noticed you are an animal lover, but you certainly don't need more right now!

In a community as small as yours, I would think that someone know where they came from. I hope the local group you mention on your blog, can help and hopefully they will find a new responsible home.

Good luck and thanks for taking care of them! They sure look sweet and friendly. :)

I second that. It looks like you're a marked man.

pomtzu
07-04-2011, 04:16 PM
When I read this yesterday, I didn't have time to post. However, I see some people said basically what I was thinking: "they've got your number - nowhere to hide".
What little cuties. They're little - surely you have room for those little guys!!! :D

Willow Oak
07-04-2011, 04:53 PM
They're little - surely you have room for those little guys!!! :D

Yes, I do. Just like jello, I shall always have room for one more; but the truth is that there is a limit. I always first consider the local animal shelter. Where I live now there is no established shelter, but there is a group of people who are working together to foster out rescued animals in the community. If I had found a dog or a cat that appears to be not so adorable I would be very hesitant to take it to the shelter; but a couple of jacks or chi's I figure would have a much better chance of being adopted by a good family. I shall pursue the group in our area to see if they will foster these two; otherwise, I've already got names for them: Jack and Johnny!

Anybody on Pet Talk want to adopt a couple of wayward waifs?

Taz_Zoee
07-04-2011, 05:40 PM
They are adorable!! I'm sure the white/tan one would find a home quickly. But the little black guy may not be so lucky....that black dog/cat curse. Which never seems to be a problem at the shelter I work with.

When I was a child we were driving home (my parents live in the country) and found two purebred German Shepherd puppies on the side of the road. My dad didn't hesitate to stop and get them in the car. I believe that is what started my sisters love of GSD's. She went on to have 4 more.
Unfortunately, people always dump animals out in the country (we believe my moms current dog, Little Bit, was dumped). But it was fortunate for us when someone dumped the GSD pups. They lived out happy lives with us. :)

Husky_mom
07-04-2011, 09:55 PM
if there were medals given.. youŽd sooooo deserve gold..

too bad they were dumped :( .. but gladly they "landed" somewhere safe :)