PDA

View Full Version : Cloudburst in Copenhagen

Randi
07-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Around 7PM I could see a thunderstorm was on the way, so I started filming out of the window hoping to get some good shots of the lightening.

Soon after it started pouring down real bad and it turned into hail later. Still, Fister went up to sit in the window and he wasn't that concerned - brave boy. :) I was, since the street and the pavement had turned into one big pool. I went to the kitchen to get something, and I have a view to the staircase going down to the laundry room. There are seven steps down. I could see three, the other four was covered. Then, the people upstairs knocked on my door and told me the celler was flooded, so I went down there - what a sight!! :eek: :( I guess, I'll find out tomorrow what can be saved. I hope nothing important has been damaged. In any case, I'll get rid of some more things I've been hanging on to, now.

Here's a picture from one of the papers.

Karen
07-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Yikes, hope you didn't have anything important stored down there!

Randi
07-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks, neither do I - hopefully all the TinTin books isn't in a box on the floor - then they are soaked.

In this link are some more pictures from Copenhagen:
http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Billedserier/2011/07/02212525.htm

lizbud
07-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Wow what a downpour that was. Do you know how many inches of
rain it was? Was that one storm?

chocolatepuppy
07-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Wow, that's awful! Has the water went down?

phesina
07-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Wow! What a flood. I hope you didn't lose anything valuable, Randi.

Copenhagen looks like it must be a really beautiful place (when it's not flooded).

K9karen
07-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Copenhagen looks like it must be a really beautiful place (when it's not flooded).

Randi, I'm going to put in my 2 cents on this. Copenhagen is one of my favorite cities. I LOVED my stay there. The people are wonderful and friendly and very attractive. I'd love to go back and spend more time!

Hope you didn't lose anything important, Randi. Hope the worse is over

Randi
07-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks! It all happened over two hours. They meassured up to 150 mm rain and it's the worst ever, we normally get that amount in a month!

Oh well, I think we have to get used to it. I went down to the cellar last night before bedtime, there was still too much water to go in and get some things, but today I've been down to rescue some of it and chuck a lot out, too. On the bright side, I found some kitchen stuff in a box I didn't even know I had. :)

Pictures have been added to the link in my post #3.

Here we go again... it just started raining hard.

Randi
07-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I put a video clip on photobucket. This was what the staircase down to the laundry room looked like last saturday. There are seven steps down, three is visible. :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Video%20clips/th_P7020002.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Video%20clips/?action=view&current=P7020002.mp4)

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Wow!!! I hope that the weather will clear up and that the flooding can be kept under control. Please take care.