PDA

View Full Version : minor earthquake in Auckland City..

carole
07-02-2011, 06:22 AM
I tell ya my friends i am nervous, after the two big ones in christchurch, this one is too close for my comfort, was only a 2.9 and was not felt by many,but they are saying there will be more, i am really worried, all my family are up there, my son, my sister and her family,please say a little prayer that all will be well, auckland is only like one and half hours from where i live as well, it makes me feel unsettled to say the least.

chocolatepuppy
07-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Prayers for the people in and around Auckland City, that all will be safe. It must be very scarey Carole.:(

Catty1
07-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Prayers for you and everyone in and near Auckland, Carole. Our family toured NZ and spent a lot of time in Auckland in 1972. I truly hope that any tremors remain minor, and are just the island 'resettling' itself a BIT since the disaster in Christchurch. :love:

How are things coming along in Christchurch?

Karen
07-02-2011, 11:40 AM
I hope any Aukland gets stay little, and you and your family stay safe!

phesina
07-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Prayers for you and everyone within range of Auckland..

davidpizzica
07-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Sis, my Pittsburgh prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family and the in Auckland and vicinity that those tremors are and remain minor and cease altogether. Sis. if my arms could stretch, I'd give you lots of HUGS!

carole
07-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts, i think i am just panicking really, it is just that our country has been so unstable, and it is scarey, Auckland rarely gets earthquakes, and from the reports they are likely to stay small and not eventuate to anything, i sure hope they are right, Christchurch is coming along, but it is going to take a long time and lots of dollars, those poor people have been through enough, the other day i was searching facebook , i came across an old boyfriend of mine, we dated briefly when i was 20, he 22, and it did not end well,(he was a cheater) however i was gutted to read he lost his 25 yr old son in the Christchurch earthquake, so sad.any forgiving i had not done was done in an instant when i read that, so heartbreaking For him and his wife and daughter.