PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #436, America's Birthday

RICHARD
06-30-2011, 08:11 PM
It's America's b-day on Monday.

Let's have a party!

Karen
06-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Absolutely! Just bought blueberries, it was buy one get one free - got love summer seasonal fruits! I'll make some blueberry cake to share, okay? Aw, heck, this is Thursdays, so allergies don't exist - I'll throw in some chopped up strawberries, so we have red-white-and-blueberry cake!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-01-2011, 12:09 PM
our temps here are in the 100s in the afternoons with 110 heat index. I want something cold and wet, please? :love:

Karen
07-01-2011, 12:19 PM
A mix of lemonade and iced tea?

pomtzu
07-01-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll take a tall lemonade - straight please, and on the rocks.

Anyone interested in a veggie and cheese tray and some dip for dippin'??? :D Got lots of fresh veggies when I went shopping today. :)

Temps are heading back up. :mad: Not too bad today, but the weekend is supposed to be a sizzler with high humidity. YUK!

Happy Birthday to us!!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-01-2011, 02:17 PM

That sounds like just the thing!!! Count me in!!! :love:

Karen
07-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Excellent, and I, unlike my mother can either make it with mint, or without! Your choice! Oh, and I will take some of those yummy veggies! In real life, I am allergic to too many of them, but here at Thursday's, I can eat them all, cold and crisp and scrumptious!

pomtzu
07-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Cauliflower, broccoli, baby carrots, red, yellow and green bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, cheddar cheese cubes - sour cream and chive dip. Please help yourselves - there's plenty to go around. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Excellent, and I, unlike my mother can either make it with mint, or without! Your choice! Oh, and I will take some of those yummy veggies! In real life, I am allergic to too many of them, but here at Thursday's, I can eat them all, cold and crisp and scrumptious!

ooo, Mint for sure!!!

I'll load up my plate with some of pomtzu's veggies and dip too. When it's this hot I don't feel like eating anything heavy. :love:

RedHedd
07-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I have a platter full of red strawberries dipped in white chocolate and then blue sprinkles = Red, White & Blue berries! Dive in!

Queen of Poop
07-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Could I get a lemonade please? And I'll try one of those white chocolate dipped strawberries for Canada Day. Yummy!!!

cassiesmom
07-01-2011, 08:09 PM
It's still 82 degrees at 8 PM- could I please have lemonade with QofP?

Orc, would you please put these red grapes on the buffet? (I love red grapes)

Pinot's Mom
07-02-2011, 08:32 AM

One for me, too, please!

With mint, please! Allergic to VEGETABLES?? Really?? :eek:

I'll take a tall lemonade - straight please, and on the rocks.

Anyone interested in a veggie and cheese tray and some dip for dippin'??? :D Got lots of fresh veggies when I went shopping today. :)

Temps are heading back up. :mad: Not too bad today, but the weekend is supposed to be a sizzler with high humidity. YUK!

Happy Birthday to us!!

Veggies would be great; and I have a new all natural bleu cheese dip/dressing that is quite good to dip them in. Enough to share! :)