PDA

View Full Version : Batillda

Bonny
06-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Today while cleaning the windows in the sun room I had a Batillda experience. I know that a bat has been hanging out literally from the cedar shakes. I see it take off to eat bugs every evening.

Well, Batilda was not hanging out in the cedar shakes today. I opened the screen less window & Batilda flew onto my shorts first & then up & around the ceiling fan. I slammed the pocket doors shut first. Opened the windows as far as they would go & was hoping Batilda would find its way out. No such luck.

Batilda landed up on the pine wall & hung out up there upside down. I opened the pocket doors quickly to turn off the ceiling fan. I noticed Batilda had been sitting in the pocket where the screens would generally fit & left behind some Batilda bat doo doo.

After a much needed rest for Batilda & me, I decided to go get the broom & a empty pint canning jar. I took the broom & waved it & Batilda took off around and around and around and around the room, then landed in the toy box where I scooped Batilda up in the jar & tipped it out the window where Batilda flew to freedom. Batilda lived to see another day & I finished cleaning up the windows. :D

Karen
06-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Whew, thanks for helping her back outside, and not freaking out! Bats are such important critters in the environment, and underappreciated by many folks!