PDA

View Full Version : New Grandpet?

Marigold2
06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Derwood our nickname for Alicia's boyfriend was on Madison Ave yesterday with a co-worker.
Little one eye calico kitty kept following them.
Co-worker wanted to take cat to shelter.
Derwood called Alicia who was with me at pet store buying new bird.
Can I bring her home? Aaahhhhhhhhhhhh
They already have Meka their tabby cat.
Of course. Can't just leave her there or take her to a shelter.
So Madison or Maddy is now home with them.
A calico with not just one eye but no teeth.
Vet says she is about 5 or 6 years old.
4 lbs, a teeny tiny thing.
Maddy has had her nails clipped, been tested for feline luekemia (test back tomorrow) she also has an upper respiratory infection.
Alicia is checking all the ads to see if anyone is missing her. And calling vet offices as well.
Maddy is so sweet and loving. I wonder if she just got out of someones house and got lost.
Vet does not know how she lost eye or teeth. Poor angel.
They already love her.
Derwood has a good heart. I told Alicia it shows what type of man he is to not just ignore a small innocent creature but to bring her home and care for her.
I will post pictures when I can, they have them on FB but I don't know how to transfer the photo.

Queen of Poop
06-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Sounds like the boyfriend and the kitty are both keepers. :)

Freedom
06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Maddy knew who she was following! ;)

happylabs
06-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Oh my gosh. What a nice guy. How sweet. Can't wait to see pics.

phesina
06-30-2011, 02:24 PM
WONDERFUL!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Keep that man!

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Yup! He is definitely a keeper!! That is the sweeteest thing!
Well, assuming Maddy's owners aren't found..........welcome to a great home!! :D Can't wait to see pictures. :)

Marigold2
07-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Update on Madison. She has feline HIV (not sure if that is the right term) but she tested postive.
The is probably why at 5 or 6 years of age she has no teeth and weighs only 4 lbs.
Not sure how long her life will be............ But whatever time she has will be one spent in comfort and complete love by the kids and her grandma.

phesina
07-03-2011, 06:46 PM
God bless.

K9karen
07-03-2011, 10:30 PM
That's sweet. I'm glad widdle Maddie has a loving, safe place to live out her life. Derwood sounds like a gem.

kittycats_delight
07-04-2011, 03:21 AM
Marigold, just to let you know. Maddy would test positive for FIV (feline HIV) if she was ever vaccinated for it. It is not like Felv (feline leukemia) where if they are vaccinated they will show negative for the disease if tested. Once a cat has been vaccinated for FIV they will always test positive for the disease even if they don't have it. Even so FIV+ and FIV- cats can live together without problems of transmitting to the other. Jenny has FIV+ cats that live with FIV- cats and all is well.

Marigold2
07-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Alicia took Madison back to the vet yesterday. She had gained some weight which is good and she got recieved her shots.
No one has called to claim her or reported her missing.
There is a shot that Meeka can recieve to protect her.
Alicia also had a party on the 4th with 8 of us there and Madison was the star.
She played with all, was petted by all and played like a kitten.
She is happy and so loved.
I was shocked to see how teeny she is.
Like a kitten at 6 or 8 weeks she looks. Instead of five or six year old cat.
But she is big on spunk, fun and personality.
We adore our little Madison.

Queen of Poop
07-07-2011, 10:34 AM
With a good home, lots of loving and good foodies I'm sure Miss Madison will be with the family for a good long time. Thank you all for giving her a home.

cassiesmom
07-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Oh, boy! I hope Maddy only tested (+) for FIV because she had received a vaccine at some point. Derwood rocks!