PDA

View Full Version : Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich 'stunned' by conviction

Catty1
06-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Is he the only one that's surprised?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-blagojevich-20110628,0,924532.story

He's found guilty on 17 counts of corruption, including trying to sell the Senate seat formerly held by President Obama.

By Bob Secter and Jeff Coen, Chicago Tribune

June 28, 2011
Reporting from Chicago —

At his second trial in less than a year, former Illinois Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich was convicted Monday of 17 counts of corruption, including trying to sell the Senate seat formerly held by President Obama.

The voluble Democrat who won two terms as governor before being impeached and removed from office after his arrest on federal charges had little to say after the verdict. Holding his wife's hand, he spoke to a crush of reporters at the Chicago federal courthouse.

Karen
06-27-2011, 11:45 PM
As they say, Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!

cassiesmom
06-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Is he the only one that's surprised?

I think his wife is, too. Most everyone else around here believes he's guilty.

The defense rested without calling any witnesses at his first trial, but the second time he spent days on the stand in his own defense. I wonder if that was a tip-off to the jury in some way.

Blago guilty.

He's sooooo busted! He'll probably go to some ultra-cushy federal prison like George Ryan did, though.

I think that after Jesse Jr. refused the deal, Blago was only interested in giving the seat to whoever would generate the most cash.

I don't think prison uniforms have pockets for hairbrushes, so I wonder if he'll be subjected to a buzz cut?

I can't wait to see what Second City and SNL come up with for this. And Leno and Letterman. Gov, dude... did you really think you were going to walk on this? Puhleeze.

kitten645
06-28-2011, 07:02 AM
"Gov, dude... did you really think you were going to walk on this? Puhleeze."

Some have walked on worse. Yeah, I'm talkin to you OJ. :mad:
Claudia

cassiesmom
06-28-2011, 07:52 PM
"Rod Blagojevich was arrested for trying to sell a seat in the Senate to the highest bidder. Isn't that crazy? Yeah. And folks, if convicted, he could wind up in prison, where his seat will be sold to the highest bidder." --Conan O'Brien

lvpets2002
06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
:p Doo Daa == Such a Sponge Head

As they say, Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!