PDA

View Full Version : do ya ever do this?

COCatMama
11-05-2002, 04:27 PM
Sometimes when I go to the bank machine I take my dog in there because there isn't a 'no dogs' sign hehehe

Cookiebaker
11-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Well, the first day we got Malone, we plopped in the back of a cart (on top of a sweatshirt for padding, of course) and hauled him through KMart. :D The clerks looked at us funny, but never asked us to leave. hee hee

wolf_Q
11-05-2002, 08:56 PM
I can beat you both. When I first got Nebo we went to Yellowstone/Tetons/Jackson Hole. That puppy went in like EVERY store in downtown Jackson, along with the lodges and gift shops in Yellowstone and the Tetons. He also ventured into a Kmart in Jackson. I got weird looks from a few places, but mostly everyone just loved him (including the people working) and nobody cared. Jackson is a pretty dog-loving city (they even have free poop bags in the park). I must admit I didn't get to walk more then 3 feet at a time without being stopped, lol.

Sudilar
11-05-2002, 10:14 PM
The only stores in IL that I can take Killian and Shiloh to are Petsmart and Petco. Dogs are not welcome anywhere else over here that I know of.

aly
11-05-2002, 10:31 PM
I think dogs are only allowed in Petco and Petsmart here too. Actually I think Home Depot allows it. I know several people who take their dogs there but I'm too chicken to try! :o

I did see a man in Saks Fifth Avenue with a tiny Yorkie in his tshirt pocket :D

COCatMama
11-05-2002, 10:36 PM
LoL! coooool!!! :D

shais_mom
11-05-2002, 10:38 PM
I haven't done it purposely but in FEB when we were going to my parents cottage we stopped at a truck stop and I was standing there with Keegan on a grassy spot. (the only spot that wasn't muddy) and when I turned to walk away I saw a sign that said "NO DOGS HERE" WOOPSIE!!
The lady that used to cut Shaianne's nails raises poodles and yorkies and she used to carry a yorkie in her purse and tell people it was a guide dog and they let her go. And she trains standard poodles for guide dogs and she brought one into the hospital one day and my boss freaked out until HER boss said "she is allowed she is training them".
:D

anna_66
11-06-2002, 06:39 AM
I'll never forget the day we got Angus....he was a big ol' chunk of a pup & we took him to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Noone ever told us to leave, but one of the employees there thought he was adorable, he said he looked like a doberman on steroids! I'll never forget that day:D
We also had Roxey with us one day when we had to stop by Home Depot. I was standing outside waiting for Mark & the manager comes out & asked why I was waiting outside....he said as long as she was friendly she could come in! Boy was I surprised!

Pam
11-06-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
she used to carry a yorkie in her purse and tell people it was a guide dog :D

:D :D :D What a riot! I don't think pets are welcome anywhere around here except PetsMart and Petco but I could be wrong. One day at the mall I saw a woman shopping with a toy poodle in a baby carriage. She was an older woman so I am assuming the baby carriage was bought just for the dog. This was one pampered pooch. She even had painted toenails! :eek:

sunnyset
11-06-2002, 07:14 AM
The first time I took belle to the bank I made her sit outside...she felt she was missing out on something exciting and starting whining a bit... so the bank cashiers told me to bring her in. Its a very dog friendly place :)

COCatMama
11-06-2002, 08:44 AM
wow cool stories! we're like dog renegades *G* nobody has complained about me bringing my dog into where the ATM machines are *after hours* one guy even held the door open for us! I am just waiting for some $%$% to say something to me, then i will point out the door and say "there's no sign"
hee hee hee

ParNone
11-06-2002, 08:44 AM
I've taken Maddie into a few mini markets that say "no dogs",
when we've been on vacation. She's blind, so I have a special
backpack that she rides in, so she can still go hiking with us.
I've never gotten any negative feedback. It's usually along the
lines of "Oh what a cute dog".

She's not seen as a threat of messing up the store or being
aggressive or intrusive to anybody, since she's strapped into
the backpack, so nobody seems to care that she's in the
store and she's not suppose to be.

Par...

ramanth
11-06-2002, 09:06 AM
I've never tried taking Kia anywhere asides from PetSmart or Pet Supplies Plus. I just might have to take her to Home Depot some time. :D

shais_mom
11-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Pam, my aunt's grandparents used to have 2 toy poodles that slept in baby carriages beside their bed and they wiped their butts with toilet paper when they came in from potty!!

Tina
11-06-2002, 01:56 PM
*LOL* I've never tried taken any of my dogs in any stores yet. I've taken Ginger to the ATM machine with me is all. My mom she works at Wal-Mart so her and another lady that works there decided they wanted to bring there dogs after they got off from work. Well my mom ended up going home and bringing him back to Wal-Mart she put him under her coat though. Everyone that seen him loved him!!

Tina
11-06-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Tina
*LOL* I've never tried taken any of my dogs in any stores yet. I've taken Ginger to the ATM machine with me is all. My mom she works at Wal-Mart so her and another lady that works there decided they wanted to bring there dogs after they got off from work. Well my mom ended up going home and bringing him back to Wal-Mart she put him under her coat though. Everyone that seen him loved him!!

I could see Bill now trying to kiss everyone!! It would have been so funny!!