PDA

View Full Version : Jewish Court Sentences Dog to Death by Stoning

kittycats_delight
06-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Here is one for the books. What next?

This is the original artical--->Jewish Court Sentences Dog to Death by Stoning (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8262657)

Jewish court sentences dog to death by stoning
10:37 AEST Sat Jun 18 2011

A Jerusalem rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a dog it suspects is the reincarnation of a secular lawyer who insulted the court's judges 20 years ago, Ynet website reported Friday.

According to Ynet, the large dog made its way into the Monetary Affairs Court in the ultra-Orthodox Jewish neighbourhood of Mea Shearim in Jerusalem, frightening judges and plaintiffs.

Despite attempts to drive the dog out of the court, the hound refused to leave the premises.

One of the sitting judges then recalled a curse the court had passed down upon a secular lawyer who had insulted the judges two decades previously.

Their preferred divine retribution was for the lawyer's spirit to move into the body of a dog, an animal considered impure by traditional Judaism.

Clearly still offended, one of the judges sentenced the animal to death by stoning by local children.

The canine target, however, managed to escape.

"Let the Animals Live", an animal-welfare organisation filed a complaint with the police against the head of the court, Rabbi Avraham Dov Levin, who denied that the judges had called for the dog's stoning, Ynet reported.

One of the court's managers, however, confirmed the report of the lapidation sentence to Israeli daily Yediot Aharonot.

"It was ordered... as an appropriate way to 'get back at' the spirit which entered the poor dog," the paper reported the manager as saying, according to Ynet.

Certain schools of thought within Judaism believe in the transmigration of souls, or reincarnation.

Karen
06-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Sorry, not true!

http://www.thejournal.ie/jewish-court-did-not-condemn-dog-to-death-by-stoning-162904-Jun2011/

Asiel
06-25-2011, 01:55 PM
I was ready to log out after reading the first post, it was just too unbelievably sad. Thanks for clearing it up Karen, I've had enough about poor abused dogs , glad this wasn't true.

kittycats_delight
06-25-2011, 02:08 PM
It seemed to unbelievable to be true but in this day in age where it seems even the most insane story can very well be true indeed. Nice to see it was proven otherwise.

Barbara
06-25-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't know what to think of people who spread news like this falsely. It really makes me sad.

phesina
06-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Sorry, not true!

http://www.thejournal.ie/jewish-court-did-not-condemn-dog-to-death-by-stoning-162904-Jun2011/

I am SO glad, and relieved.

K9karen
06-25-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't know much about Orthodox Judaism but I didn't believe it for a millisecond. My first thought was that it didn't follow their believes. Anyway, thanks, Karen for the website. Anything to rile people up.

Lady's Human
06-26-2011, 08:50 AM
A Jerusalem rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a dog it suspects is the reincarnation of a secular lawyer who insulted the court's judges 20 years ago, Ynet website reported Friday.

Orthodox Jews and reincarnation? Sorry, read that line and knew it was a fake article.

kitten645
06-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Some people have alot of time on their hands. Imagine using their writing talents to do some good? Oi Vey!:rolleyes: