PDA

View Full Version : Alright now I know I'm in the country

Andie
11-05-2002, 03:51 PM
They give dog biscuits thru the drive thru window at the bank!!

I took Katie to the bank with me today (cuz well she got out of the door before I could stop her) so she's sitting in the passenger seat like she always does on short trips. I'm not paying much attention when all of a sudden there is a 80 lb Lab on my lap (the teller had held up a milk bone)

They keep them there cuz of the number of people with dogs in the back of their pick-up that come thru. I thought it was nice but only something we would do here in the country.

NoahsMommy
11-05-2002, 03:59 PM
How neat!!! That is really cute!! :)

Out here we have DOG BAKERIES! The entire stores are dedicated to dogs and things like like to eat. They have pastry cases full of special cakes (made with carob, of course), cookies and treats. They are complete with cafe seating and dogs are more than welcome. Fun huh??

Cinder & Smoke
11-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Andie
They give dog biscuits thru the drive thru window at the bank!!

We're almost inna country, too! :D

Smoke an me getz SOOOO cited when Dad eben drives uppa STREET where our munnie lives! Bisquitz ebery tyme we go bankin at da lil slider winnow.

Summtymes Dad jest goez to the AutoBox lane. :mad:
Stingie guy inna box nebber shuvz any bisquitz out da slot wiffa green papurz! :mad:

But da wun Nice Gurl hind the big winnow alluz waves at us iffin theyre not buzy when we pull inna AutoBox lane - so Dad cirkulz around an she alluz passez us cookiez inna slider. Sez we'z hard ta miss - onlee kar wiffa Shepherd leapin back 'n forth tween the frunt an back seetz anna Mutt standing on the drivurs's shoulder wiffa hed hangin out anna eerz wavin like lil flagz!

We LIKE goin to da Bank!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-05-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

We're almost inna country, too! :D
Smoke an me getz SOOOO cited when Dad eben drives uppa STREET where our munnie lives!

You two are priceless! I woulda never thunk that the bank is where my munnie lives, but it is! Pretty nice house my munnie has. ;) :D

aly
11-05-2002, 04:54 PM
I live in the city and we don't have dog cookies at the bank, but the Chick-fil-a fast food restaurants give my dogs milkbones in the drive thru every time! :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-05-2002, 04:58 PM
I do not bank locally, but know that most of the banks in town have dog biscuits in the drive through. My brother banks in Atlanta and they have dog biscuits as well! I like that idea!!

They just openned a new doggy bakery abouut 10 miles away from where I live (in Oakwood, GA). Haven't been there yet, but plan on going soon. I also noticed the other day that they have 3 Dog Bakery biscuits at our Target in town :D

jenluckenbach
11-05-2002, 06:07 PM
When my Mom worked as a bank teller she always made sure they had a supply of doggie biscuits to give out. (and I'd concider us "city folk")

Cookiebaker
11-05-2002, 06:15 PM
:( Now that we get direct deposit we hardly ever go to the bank anymore. But yes, they always gave doggie biscuits out. In fact, when we had our first hamster, Nibbles (RB), Mark went to the bank and they asked if we had a dog in the car. He said no, but we have a hamster at home. So they gave him a cookie for her. :o :D

wolf_Q
11-05-2002, 08:53 PM
They have them here too. Utah is kind of a "country" state, but I live in the city (not a BIG city though, lol). Reggie has got them a few times (probably cuz he barked his head off) but I haven't tried it with Nebo yet.

sammi
11-05-2002, 10:40 PM
I think that only happens in the bigger cities. It will never come here for sure!

shais_mom
11-05-2002, 10:55 PM
We have that too!! And I have went thru the drive thru like where you buy beer and pop etc and they give me biscuits also!

anna_66
11-06-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by sammi
I think that only happens in the bigger cities. It will never come here for sure!
You live in ND right? When we lived in Bismarck my mom had poodles and they always got bisquits at the bank, how unfair you don't:(
Here in Ohio, the dogs always get something, either at the bank, or the drive thru:D

mugsy
11-06-2002, 07:51 AM
Our dogs ALL know the drive through of anything. Our credit unions gives us a handful whenever we go and the dogs LOVE it. My question is this. Do you think our dogs are spoiled since whatever drivethru they are in they get a treat, you know like a hamburger or a cup of ice cream??

anna_66
11-06-2002, 07:54 AM
What? Our dogs spoiled? No Way:rolleyes: :D

wolf_Q
11-06-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
Our dogs ALL know the drive through of anything. Our credit unions gives us a handful whenever we go and the dogs LOVE it. My question is this. Do you think our dogs are spoiled since whatever drivethru they are in they get a treat, you know like a hamburger or a cup of ice cream??

LOL noo not at alll......;) How in the world do you fit all those dogs in your car? I have a hard time fitting 2 big dogs in mine! :rolleyes:

Whenever we go to the gas station Lady and Nebo get to share a plain hot dog. They also get to go inside there. Some people think they are cute, and others look at us like we're total wackos. Of course, my friend's mom is the manager of the store, so that's the only reason we dare go inside, lol. I also used to work there, and Melissa works there right now.

The last time we brought them in was Halloween. They were both in costumes, lol lol. It was funny though, because like 5 people said "Your dog is so much better behaved!" And one girl said it must be because my dog is older.....errrr...Nebo is 5 months, and Lady is 7 months, lol.