PDA

View Full Version : The Huntress-8/18 update - newest conquest...

Pinot's Mom
06-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Well...the huntress Pinot has reached a new level. She has brought down shrews, snakes, chipmunks, many wasps & bees; she has strived for a deer and many birds. Well, today she has reached a level she's been striving for; her first bird. Her Dad and I are a little torn about this one, but she is a huntress...what can we say?

Karen
06-24-2011, 11:17 PM
Likely the bird was slow for some reason - a little sick, old, or just not the fastest. Evolution in action - the healthy, fast ones don't get caught!

cassiesmom
06-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Pinot, you're a huntress :) Maybe this will also be the last bird?

catmandu
06-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Sad to say , but Pinot as tame as she may seem has in her the instincts of natures perfet killing machine, the Cat.:(
That instinct never goes away , and is always just under the surface.
That poor Bird will be a Bird Angel now, and fly foever in Heaven.:love:

Barbara
06-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Orion is jealous. He chatters at all the birds that fly by but as there is the cat netting he cannot reach them:rolleyes:

Freedom
06-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Pinot, what took you so long? :D

When I lived in my apartment - 3d floor w/ a balcony - Sparkle would catch them, bring them in, AND RELEASE THEM INSIDE! She did this 3 times that I recall, and I always took them to the vet. One was able to rehab and be released.

Pinot's Mom
08-18-2011, 06:44 PM
She just tried to go after a FOX!! Didn't get past the compost pile, fortunately, she really does stay in her own territory.

A FOX?! Really?! Oh, Pinot...:rolleyes:

Karen
08-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Good gracious, Pinot - remember, you are only so big ... stick to smaller targets, please! But good job for scaring that fox away! (Hey, we can let her have a victory, even if the fox didn't notice her!)

krazyaboutkatz
08-19-2011, 12:57 AM
She just tried to go after a FOX!! Didn't get past the compost pile, fortunately, she really does stay in her own territory.

A bird is one thing but a fox.:eek: You really do have quite the huntress. When my parents still had their cat, she would hunt many birds and all that would be left would be the feathers.

Barbara
08-19-2011, 02:16 AM
My mom's dachshund went after a deer that had come over the fence in our garden but I think that's not half as dangerous as Pinot going after a fox. I hope all the foxes know from the grapevine that she is a big tiger- and not the little tabby girl she is in reality;)

pomtzu
08-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Goodness Pinot - please stick to the smaller prey. The Fuzzbuttz sure wouldn't want anything bad to happen to their kitty friend across the bay. :eek:

ETA: Sparky says that skunks are more your size. Isn't he the helpful little devil??

cassiesmom
08-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Dear sweet Pinot, can you please consider hunting for Uncle Catmandu's AWA catnip mousies instead? They are very catchable. I know, you are a huntress... Lovely huntress, please have your mommy give you a kiss or two from me :love:

Freedom
08-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Pinot, the Huntress you may be, but please do not go after your predators! Things can get turned around much too quickly.

Goodness, she sets her sights high, doesn't she?! :D

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Goodness, she sets her sights high, doesn't she?! :D

;) A friend put it very well; "She thinks she's a lion." I have to agree.:love:

momcat
08-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Oh Pinot, a fox? You're a great hunter but please don't try for prey that's bigger than you. What would the Catmobile do without you if you get hurt? As for trying to catch a skunk, you definitely don't want to get one of them!
Sending you lots of scritchies and lovies :love: :love: :love:

cassiesmom
08-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Dear Pinot,

I saw a fox last night on my way home from choir, and I thought of you. :eek: I agree with Auntie Momcat-- it is probably not a good idea to hunt for something larger than you are. Please have your purr-ents give you a big hug from me!

Your admiring fan,
Elyse

Pinot's Mom
08-30-2011, 08:59 PM
But Aunties, that fox was after my birdie! I couldn't allow that! MY BIRDIE! In MY YARD (well, sort of...)!

Mom delivered all the hugs and stuff!:love:

Purrs, Pinot