PDA

View Full Version : So You Think ... SYTYCD 2011

Karen
06-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone else is watching So You Think You Can Dance this season?

Last night felt like the real beginning of the season, as last week, pretty much everyone got to dance their own genre, so it wasn't much of a challenge for most.

But after last night's show, I really felt the need to comment.

Who the heck gave Mary Murphy the day-glo orange spray tan? It was terrible, and distracting. The color of her dress, blue, is the opposite of orange, so that made it worse!

And it didn't seem like the judges were actually judging the first few dances. Did anyone else find that opening number "sexy?" Ryan's pasted-on smile was way too distracting, and I thought she and Ricky had zero "chemistry." They called her out on the grin last week, so I was surprised they didn't this time!

And while it was fun to see Debbie Reynolds, she seemed to be there only as a fan, didn't offer one ounce of constructive advice or criticism, and while the dancers are all quite talented, it's not like everything was stunningly perfect. Why call her a "guest judge" if she's not gonna judge?

And did the script every "secret" reveal's response to be fir the revealee to say "no you di'nt!"

What did everyone else think?

Taz_Zoee
06-23-2011, 09:59 AM
I agree with you! I thought the judges didn't really judge too much, especially Debbie. But one thing Nigel did comment on, and I agree, was the Bollywood number. It was not strong at all. Then again, it could be that I don't care for Iveta. She is a professional and 10 time champion, she shouldn't be on this show! And she looks much older than 30, sorry.

I do not have any favorites yet either. I liked Ryan last year and when she didn't make it I was sad. But now..........eh, not so much. I do not see any girls with great personalities, like Jeanine or Mollie. There are plenty of the guys with great personalities. Oh and I'm so glad Robert did not Wooo once last night! :D That was getting annoying.

I don't believe they drew dance styles from a hat last week. Every single couple got a style that one of them studied or excelled in.

And Cat and Mary still annoy me too. Sigh......... But it won't make me stop watching! :D

MoonandBean
06-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Nothing annoys me more than when Cat rubs the male dancers sweaty heads while they're getting feedback....:rolleyes:

Oh...and in case you hadn't noticed that, you will now...LOL :)

Taz_Zoee
06-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Nothing annoys me more than when Cat rubs the male dancers sweaty heads while they're getting feedback....:rolleyes:

Oh...and in case you hadn't noticed that, you will now...LOL :)

Oh, I noticed that! And she stands with her arm around them. I'm sure they don't want to touch after all that!

sparks19
06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Of course I'm watching. I LOVE this show.

Yeah I did not feel it at all on the first number. I said to Brian "i don't know what it is but this dance is just not doing it for me" and then the judges raved about it and i was like :eek: what do I know I guess lol.

Man I am SO impressed with the B Boys they have this year. They have been incredible.

Karen
06-23-2011, 01:32 PM
I agree with you! I thought the judges didn't really judge too much, especially Debbie. But one thing Nigel did comment on, and I agree, was the Bollywood number. It was not strong at all. Then again, it could be that I don't care for Iveta. She is a professional and 10 time champion, she shouldn't be on this show! And she looks much older than 30, sorry.

I agree, in the past they have always emphasized how precise the hand motions and sharp the movements should be in a Bollywood number, and theirs was just like they were rushy through it, and not being careful.

I think Iveta's make-up generally ages her a lot, and I agree, I don't understand why she'd even want to be on this show!

sparks19
06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Because it's a paying gig

Karen
06-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Because it's a paying gig

All those dance competitions do come with prize money ... and she tried out for this, what 4 times? Her personality does not come across as someone interested in exploring other styles of dance, she more comes across as someone who just wants to win whatever it is she does.

Taz_Zoee
06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
And did you notice Iveta kept looking at her partner (I can't remember his name right now) through the entire dance? And I saw her mess up a few times. But it is outside her expertise. :p

sparks19
06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
All those dance competitions do come with prize money ... and she tried out for this, what 4 times? Her personality does not come across as someone interested in exploring other styles of dance, she more comes across as someone who just wants to win whatever it is she does.

I know but this gives her exposure and pays her and yeah she probably just wants to win whatever she can

Taz_Zoee
06-24-2011, 09:39 AM
So without giving anything away as to who went home last night, in case you recorded the show and haven't watched it yet....I just want to say something.

The guy they kept Nigel said his solo dance was the best they've seen so far. Understandable as to why they kept him. However, the girl they kept he said her solo was weak and she could have done better. So why did you keep her??? I don't get it.

finn's mom
06-24-2011, 09:51 AM
I agree about the first dance, I didn't think it was sexy at all. I'm not a fan of Ryan's in the slightest, she's too cheerleader. I haven't understood her huge grin in either dance.

My favorite is Melanie, absolutely. David and I both picked her as our top favorite from her first audition. Someone mentioned girls not having much personality, and I have to say, I think Melanie is exuding personality. I don't have a standout guy favorite, yet, although Marko is great with Melanie.

I noticed someone was delicate about not mentioning who got sent home? Is it really that much of an issue for people? How long is appropriate to wait before we can openly say anything? I'm not trying to offend, but I know I will watch the show, regardless if I know the outcome or not. It's about the dancing, not about the winning.

I fastforward through almost ALL of the talking, including most of the judging (I NEVER listen to Mary Murphy, because she has to be the single most annoying television personality in the history of television personalities). Cat is my favorite female host of any show, ever. She just seems like the big sister of all the contestants, and I've seen her on several occasions call the judges out on hypocrisy, and I love her. It doesn't bother me at all that she is affectionate with the dancers, but I can see how it would be annoying.

Like for me, Mary Murphy's vast set of teeth never unclinch, and I can't handle it. haha. I'm sure a lot of people don't even notice. Again, it's been years since I actually listened to her critique. :/

Karen
06-24-2011, 11:25 AM
If I have DVR'd the show, and not watched it yet, I don't read the threads. Yes, I think it was bad that they kept Ryan despite her poor solo, she has not impressed me so far, it's like she cannot do anything without that manic grin, and it just is NOT appropriate! I was surprised they kept her over Missy, though not too surprised, it seems a lot of Missy's solo was tossing her hair around.

I was also surprised they kept Jess, he seems far too mechanical in lots of his movements - yes, he's terrific in Broadway, but that's about it. And I wonder how they will cope with lifts now that he'll be partnered with Ryan, who is several inches taller than him.

finn's mom
06-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Karen, agreed. Although I honestly thought Iveta (although I don't like her over any other girls) did the best solo. She actually looked youthful in her last rehearsal package with Nick. I think it must have been her makeup or maybe because she wasn't wearing sparkles. ;) I thought Missy's solo was terrible. I didn't enjoy her and Wadi's cha cha, although I'm not sure it was because she was bad, I just didn't like the look of it at all. I got super spoiled watching Lauren last year! I thought Iveta, based overall and on her solo, should have stayed over Ryan. And I also would have preferred to see Nick stay. His solo was my favorite, and I've enjoyed watching him in the other two dances, although the Bollywood wasn't great. Why is Jess being partnered with Ryan? Who is Jess's partner being paired with? I must have missed the announcement of Jess and Ryan being paired up. But, again, I rarely listen to any of the talking. ;)

Karen
06-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I figured wrong, Ryan will be paired with Ricky, I guess, as both their partners went home. But as Ryan and Jess both seem to be the producer's favorites, it seems like at some point, they will be paired! I kept thinking Missy was Jess' partner, not Wadi's.

finn's mom
06-24-2011, 12:31 PM
I figured wrong, Ryan will be paired with Ricky, I guess, as both their partners went home. But as Ryan and Jess both seem to be the producer's favorites, it seems like at some point, they will be paired! I kept thinking Missy was Jess' partner, not Wadi's.

Much better! I was definitely worried about that. I like Jess, but he really looked awkward as a prince with his princess being bigger than him. ;) That outfit did not suit him at all. ;)

I hadn't noticed favoritism with those two in particular, hahaha AGAIN, I don't listen to much of the show. ;)

RedHedd
06-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Like for me, Mary Murphy's vast set of teeth never unclinch, and I can't handle it. haha. I'm sure a lot of people don't even notice. Again, it's been years since I actually listened to her critique. :/

Her insane grin? Drives me almost as nuts are her screeching! Is she looking a bit swollen lately? Something's off.

I'm glad they kept Rick (Roderick ;) ) His dance for his life WAS amazing!

finn's mom
06-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Her insane grin? Drives me almost as nuts are her screeching! Is she looking a bit swollen lately? Something's off.

I'm glad they kept Rick (Roderick ;) ) His dance for his life WAS amazing!

Agreed on Ricky. I haven't been blown away by him, but his solo was awesome.

And, she's not grinning, most of the time, she just seems to have the kind of mouth that can't help but take that shape. Her teeth are so tall and never parted, even when she's talking! It's just odd. We mute it if we're watching it live, and fast forward if it's on DVR. I seriously haven't listened to her in several seasons. :)

Taz_Zoee
06-24-2011, 12:43 PM
When I made the comment about the girls not having much personality, I completely forgot about Melanie. She is my favorite girl and has also been since her first audition. She is so darn cute!

Ricky and Ryan were already partners. They sent home Iveta and Nick (who were partners) and Wadi and Missy (who were partners).

Yes, I wasn't missing Mary last season......AT ALL! (Clinching her teeth, LOL! That is sooo true!!) I also don't get the guest judges. They aren't really judging. They just talk about how great everyone is. They need to bring back a choreographer. Where is Adam??

What annoys me about Cat is the fact that she calls all the dancers her "babies". I don't know, sometimes she just says things that bug me (and that's just my opinion). But I'd rather have her host than Brooke Burke on Dancing with the Stars. :eek:

finn's mom
06-24-2011, 12:50 PM
When I made the comment about the girls not having much personality, I completely forgot about Melanie. She is my favorite girl and has also been since her first audition. She is so darn cute!

Ricky and Ryan were already partners. They sent home Iveta and Nick (who were partners) and Wadi and Missy (who were partners).

Yes, I wasn't missing Mary last season......AT ALL! (Clinching her teeth, LOL! That is sooo true!!) I also don't get the guest judges. They aren't really judging. They just talk about how great everyone is. They need to bring back a choreographer. Where is Adam??

What annoys me about Cat is the fact that she calls all the dancers her "babies". I don't know, sometimes she just says things that bug me (and that's just my opinion). But I'd rather have her host than Brooke Burke on Dancing with the Stars. :eek:

Yeah, I ADORE Melanie. She looks like a Cupie Doll (not sure if I spelled that correctly), but she does look to me like she is from a different era. I love it.

I enjoy the guest judges, because I feel like they're there for fun, and ultimately, who gets sent home probably has very little to do with them anyway. I'd rather have a guest than Mia Michaels, she is an incredible choreographer, but the times I did listen to her comments, yuck.

And, oh yeah, Brooke Burke is terrible. I don't mind Cat's comments, like I said, because she does seem to be very motherly with them. It's all in the eyes of the beholder, though, variety is the spice of life!

On that note, too, Tom Burgeron (sorry if that's not right) is the best host ever.

Karen
06-24-2011, 02:06 PM
It's kewpie!

prechrswife
06-24-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm a little late coming in, but I totally agree about the first dance from this week. I didn't like it at all. I'm also not sure why they kept the two that they did. I didn't think Ryan did well on Tuesday or on her solo. Also, I really liked Nick and was hoping they would keep him. Oh, well...

finn's mom
06-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Also, I really liked Nick and was hoping they would keep him. Oh, well...

Yeah, I liked Nick the best of the last three. I really liked Wadi, but he just looked DONE in his solo. It stunk. :(

finn's mom
06-24-2011, 09:36 PM
It's kewpie!

I knew I wasn't spelling it correctly. ;)

prechrswife
06-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I liked Nick the best of the last three. I really liked Wadi, but he just looked DONE in his solo. It stunk. :(

I agree with you on that. I liked him from the beginning and during Vegas, but he just didn't do well at all this week.

Karen
06-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I agree with you on that. I liked him from the beginning and during Vegas, but he just didn't do well at all this week.

But I loved how he ended his solo, how he went from full motion to stopped in a "legs-folded, hands in prayer head bowed" in a split second WAS cool.

prechrswife
06-25-2011, 08:40 PM
But I loved how he ended his solo, how he went from full motion to stopped in a "legs-folded, hands in prayer head bowed" in a split second WAS cool.

That part was very cool. The rest of it just wasn't as good as what he had done previously.

finn's mom
06-25-2011, 09:31 PM

I liked that a lot, too. I was super disappointed in his solo, I think he was ready to go home. But, I definitely liked him a lot.

finn's mom
06-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Oh wow. Melanie and Marko are brilliant. That is probably in my top three favorite lyrical hip hop routines ever. AMAZING. So glad Ryan wasn't grinning like a Banshee, but I still don't enjoy watching her dance.

finn's mom
06-29-2011, 10:55 PM
I just watched the routine again . . . it's my favorite lyrical hip hop ever. Melanie has the face of an angel, and I seriously don't think any other guy could have partnered so well with her!

Karen
06-30-2011, 09:39 AM
I thought that at least Ryan did better this week, and wasn't grinning like a maniac. I just don't understand why the judges are barely judging, in terms of technique and execution! If I, who has not one ounce of dance training or ability in me, can spot flaws in routines, why aren't they pointing them out? I was glad they had a fourth judge, so the "celebrity judge" could just be a fan and gush, but I expect more of the actual judges.

Didn't particularly love the zombie routine, but liked most of the others. And thought Melanie and Marko did a truly great job with the emotion as well as the dance.

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2011, 10:08 AM
I just watched the routine again . . . it's my favorite lyrical hip hop ever. Melanie has the face of an angel, and I seriously don't think any other guy could have partnered so well with her!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Melanie! I really wanted to hear her answer about the kiss though. How does her husband feel about that? He probably doesn't mind and probably knows Marko anyway. It's all professional. :D

I wasn't keen on the zombie dance or Ryan and Ricky's routine. But this season seems to have some awesome dancers over all! :)

I really liked Kristen Chenoweth last night. She seemed to actually judge more than the previous guest judges.

sparks19
06-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh wow. Melanie and Marko are brilliant. That is probably in my top three favorite lyrical hip hop routines ever. AMAZING. So glad Ryan wasn't grinning like a Banshee, but I still don't enjoy watching her dance.

I was coming here JUST to post about this dance lol. It was AMAZING. I teared up. They ARE, as Lil' C said, a POWER COUPLE. I really FELT that dance.

Very unfortunate for the couple that went after them though lol. How do you follow that routine?

I have to add that I also love Kristin Chenoweth. I adore her. she's just so spunky and full of zest for life. I love her.

finn's mom
07-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Well, I agree with the guy who got sent home, and I don't disagree with the girl . . . I just wish another girl had gone home first. ;) Ah, well, as long as she leaves next week, I'll be all right.

Taz_Zoee
07-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I'm okay with who went home also. Strange how they have sent home three couples that were paired together. It will get interesting when people have to partner with someone new.

sparks19
07-01-2011, 02:50 PM
WOW that guest couple that danced last night were amazing... not the couple with the guy in the wheelchair (although they were great too) but the other couple. those lifts... the strength that required and the stamina. they made it look effortless. I was very impressed

Taz_Zoee
07-01-2011, 04:49 PM
WOW that guest couple that danced last night were amazing... not the couple with the guy in the wheelchair (although they were great too) but the other couple. those lifts... the strength that required and the stamina. they made it look effortless. I was very impressed

YES! I did too! And the wheelchair one was great too! It's not often they have so many great guest performances. Usually there is a rapper or something in the mix that I don't know or like.

Karen
07-02-2011, 01:26 AM
I agree with everything said! I actually loved both guest dances tonight, which is sometimes not the case!

finn's mom
07-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Can't wait to see the dances tonight! :)

RobiLee
07-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Can't wait to see the dances tonight! :)

Me too!! I love this show! I can't even bring myself to critique anyone. Just love watching all the different dances. I'm also kind of an odd one because I enjoy everyone on the judging panel and love Cat. I love seeing what the choreagraphers will come up with too. I just love DANCE, probably because I can't....lol

sparks19
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Was anyone else disappointed tonight?

The show was 2 hours lOng for only 7 couples and each dance was only one and a half minutes? So there wasnt even a half an hour of dancing in a two hour show? The dances were all so short that it seemed like they didnt even get a chance to do anything worth remembering. Very disappointed tonight

finn's mom
07-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Definitely not my favorite show of the season! I didn't really like Marko and Melanie's routine, although they did amazing with the choreography they were given. My favorite dance was Caitlynn and Mitchell (Caitlynn is my second favorite girl), that was incredible. And, surprisingly, my next favorite dance was the David Bowie "Fashion" routine with Ryan (my least favorite girl) and Ricky. LOVED it. I also really liked the waltz with Jordyn and Tadd. And, although I didn't love the salsa, I have to give props to the lifts! Yikes! Those were crazy!

I really liked the guys and girls group routines, those were awesome. :)

Overall, though, I felt the night was mediocre. I enjoyed hearing about the contestants' families and backgrounds, but the show was too long! Thank goodness for DVR, I watched the whole thing in less than an hour. ;)

Karen
07-07-2011, 12:57 AM
I thought the Zombie routine was well-danced by Ricky, but didn't anyone else notice that Ryan didn't extend her leg nearly as high or as far as his several times? Didn't love the salsa, but though they tried really hard, and while I thought Clarice and Jess did better this time than they have before, I was not impressed overall. I liked the siren routine and thought Jordan did a much better job this time. I do hope Sasha and Alexander are not in the bottom, though it wasn't their best, they are both great dancers.

Just my 2 cents!

sparks19
07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
yeah definitely no need for that to have been a TWO hour show. there was so much fluff I almost couldn't stand it. I eventually stopped watching in real time and watched something else so I could go to my DVR and fast forward through all the nonsense stuff.

7 couples, 1 and a half minute routines, plus two extra dances. so that's only like 15 minutes of dancing for a TWO HOUR SHOW? that's a bit much.

Nomilynn
07-07-2011, 07:11 PM
My issue with Ryan is that she's totally in her head. It's like she's not at all connected to her body. I bet that if she let herself feel, she would be not only be totally overcome with whatever emotion she pushes down, but would also make magic on stage.

So far, Marko and Tadd are my favourite guys, and Melanie is my favourite girl. I really don't like Ashley, and felt that she should have gone home last week over Miranda. My predictions for tonight, is that Chris will leave for the guys and I'm hoping Ashley is done for the girls.

finn's mom
07-07-2011, 10:11 PM
I agree with who went home, although I'm still not a fan of Ryan's. With that being said, her routine with Ricky was my second favorite last night. I really don't like the whole couples thing, I'd like to see it done like last season. I could really focus on the individual dancers, not the pairings.

Taz_Zoee
07-07-2011, 11:10 PM
After next week they will be dancing with returning contestants from prior seasons. So that should be good.

I feel like they are purposely (sp?) sending home couples that are paired together. I was actually wanting to see Ricky go home tonight. I thought all three guys did good on their solo dances....Ricky being my least favorite routine of the three. For the girls I only liked Jordan's routine. Ryan looked like she was just throwing herself all around the stage.

I enjoyed seeing the background on the contestants. I didn't realize Ashley is from Antioch.....only about 20 minutes from me. And Ryan is from Morgan Hill, also close to me. That was cool.

Oh, and I made a mistake earlier (I think I posted it here) that Melanie was married. Oops! Don't know where I got that. :o

Melanie and Marko are my favorite couple with Jordan and Tadd coming in next. :)

finn's mom
07-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Oh, and I made a mistake earlier (I think I posted it here) that Melanie was married. Oops! Don't know where I got that. :o

Melanie and Marko are my favorite couple with Jordan and Tadd coming in next. :)

It's because when they did their 8 second "get to know me" thing near the beginning, she said she was married. I caught that last night, too, when she said "boyfriend." Interesting. :)

Melanie and Marko are my favorites, with Jordan and Tadd being my next choice. BUT . . . Melanie is my favorite girl, with Caitlynn in second. ;)

I really liked all the guy's solos last night, and all the girls (Ryan's was my least favorite - although performed well, I thought it was too abstract for a solo). I think Chris was the right guy to send home, but again, I think paired up with a different partner, he'd have done better. I never felt a connection with him and Ashley.

I'm excited to see the pros come back, although now I don't want to see Melanie and Marko split up (which is another reason I don't like coupling contestants, I get too attached). Ah well. :)

prechrswife
07-08-2011, 09:07 AM
I do agree with who went home last night, but like someone said earlier, they seem to be sending them home in couples this year. I've always found it interesting to see how the dynamics change when they send home the weaker partners of certain pairings and match up the partners who are left. It doesn't look like we will see that this year.

That said, I like this combination of the original format and the all-star format from last season so far. I'm curious to see which all-stars they bring back this season.

Taz_Zoee
07-08-2011, 09:46 AM
It's because when they did their 8 second "get to know me" thing near the beginning, she said she was married. I caught that last night, too, when she said "boyfriend." Interesting. :)

Thank you!! So I wasn't hearing things. Whew! :)

Nomilynn
07-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I like Jordon as well, but I'm bored with her solos. How many times can you stick your leg up in the air in one routine? I'm assuming that's what Nigel cautioned her about last night but he used a dance term that I'm not familiar with.

Taz_Zoee
07-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Ok, so we all know I am far from a professional on dancing. But last night I actually liked both of Ryan and Ricky's dances. LOL And the judges hated them. Of course, I would not be sad in the least if either of them went home tonight.

It was nice to see the guest judge give some honest criticism, but he still said he LOVED everyone and everyone was his favorite. :rolleyes: But I think he is hilarious anyway! :D

I liked Clarice and Jess's hip hop dance, Jordan and Tadd's "vulture" dance and of course Melanie and Marko's "moth" dance. :)

Another favorite girl of mine is Sasha. She was great with the mess up at the end of the second dance. I almost didn't realize it was a mistake.

Karen
07-14-2011, 01:09 PM
See, I did not like Clarice and Jess' hip hop - he just couldn't do some of the "hip hop" moves well enough, the whole grabbing the foot and hopping over it looked like it was a kid trying it for the first time. I also think that every time he actually has to lift his partner, you can see him mentally brace himself, accomplish it, then do back to dancing. That's just not pleasant to see. That and his open mouth while dancing far too much.

I actually thought Clarice did very well in their other dance, better than Jess markedly. I did actually like Ryan in one dance, for the first time, but I thought their whole Broadway number was pretty lackluster.

I like Sasha, I hope one of the choreographers gives her something more delicate and flowing next week, they all seem to be thinking "strong girl, give her a "fierce" part" which is getting a bit repetitive. I liked the vulture number and thought they both did well with it ...

It will be interesting to see who is in the bottom three tonight, I don't know after this, but it was nice to see the judges give actual critiques for the most part this week.

Nomilynn
07-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I wasn't able to watch the dances last night but I'm looking forward to the group numbers and results tonight.

sparks19
07-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah last nights show was much improved from the previous week. I actually enjoyed Ryan in the first number they did but the second one she looked so heavy on the stage... like she was clomping around like an elephant. She didn't look graceful or light on her feet at all and that was really distracting.

what bummer news about Alex Wong tonight :( That guy can't catch a break. He's so incredibly talented and to suffer not only ONE lacerated Achilles but to then suffer ANOTHER one? :eek:

finn's mom
07-15-2011, 11:09 AM
I really liked Melanie and Marko's contemporary and I didn't dislike any particular dance, although none of them really stood out. I'm glad to see Ryan go home, she did look terrible standing on stage, in the bottom three, and I didn't like her solo at all. There's just something about her that really rubs me the wrong way. I could have seen any of the three guys go or stay, although Ricky is becoming my favorite of those three.

I thought Nicole S's performance stunk, but I'm not a fan of hers to begin with. I've only ever enjoyed her when she was Derek Hough's partner on Dancing with the Stars.

I'm underwhelmed by the line up of all stars, only because I was hoping to see Lauren and Alex, I guess. ;) What a terrible turn of events for Alex!

Karen
07-15-2011, 12:15 PM
I was glad to see Ryan go home, of course, as she just doesn't seem up to par with the other dancers in terms of skill or performance. I was a little surprised to see Alexander go home, after he finally did a good job this week, and I thought his solo was great, but I know nothing about the technical aspects of dance, so cannot be too mad at that!

And I did check the Emmy nominations yesterday as soon as I got up. and was pleased Cat Deeley finally got the nod. She just seems genuinely nice and like she honestly cares about the dancers. Then I looked through the choreography nominations and was surprised to see so many from this show, but that's nice for them.

I listened to a few seconds of Nicole S's performance, and then skipped over the rest of it. Loved the tap dancers, though!

cassiesmom
07-15-2011, 01:28 PM
what bummer news about Alex Wong tonight :( That guy can't catch a break. He's so incredibly talented and to suffer not only ONE lacerated Achilles but to then suffer ANOTHER one? :eek:

I don't watch it regularly, but my mom and my sister do. I landed on it last night when I was flipping channels. I thought Alex was, by far, the best of the three men. I thought Nigel Lythgoe was being hyper-critical when he commented on Alex's flexed knee on the pirouettes. There were no comments that pointed about either of the other two men. I'm sorry he was eliminated but I can picture him as part of a professional company. Come to Chicago and dance with the Joffrey, Alex!

I'd love to have the Bobby McFerrin song "Thinkin About Your Body" that Sascha used as part of an aerobics class! And I love the Queen song "Body Language" that one of the men used.

sparks19
07-15-2011, 02:18 PM
I meant Alex Wong from last season. he was a clear front runner and then his achilles tendon basically snapped. he just came back from that injury and was supposed to be an all star this season but alas he has now done the same to his other achilles tendon :(

Taz_Zoee
07-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Like my mom said, this year the choreographers are not that good. So the dances have not been that great.

I thought Ricky's solo was AMAZING!!! Mitchell should have gone home, IMO, based on their solo's.

I hope the routines get better with the all-stars in them. But I'm not overly excited about any of them either. I do like Robert a lot. And I was so sad and shocked to hear about Alex.........again! One of the dances nominated for an Emmy (the Twitch and Alex hip-hop that Ellen stood in for Alex on) is one of my all-time favorite dances.

While Cat does annoy me sometimes, she is very comfortable on stage and that makes for a great host.

sparks19
07-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Like my mom said, this year the choreographers are not that good. So the dances have not been that great.

I thought Ricky's solo was AMAZING!!! Mitchell should have gone home, IMO, based on their solo's.

I hope the routines get better with the all-stars in them. But I'm not overly excited about any of them either. I do like Robert a lot. And I was so sad and shocked to hear about Alex.........again! One of the dances nominated for an Emmy (the Twitch and Alex hip-hop that Ellen stood in for Alex on) is one of my all-time favorite dances.

While Cat does annoy me sometimes, she is very comfortable on stage and that makes for a great host.

That is also one of my all time favorite dances. I still bring it up on Youtube every once in a while lol. it was just incredible. Yeah I thought maybe I was just starting to tire of the show because it seemed like there wasn't much to get excited about. I'm hoping once they pair up with the all stars it will turn around. I LOVED that format last year so I'm excited to see it again this season.

I think I heard them say Twitch is back this season right? I hope so. I adore him.

finn's mom
07-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I think I heard them say Twitch is back this season right? I hope so. I adore him.

Yeah, he's back, and so is Kathryn, Comfort, Pasha and Allison, to name the ones I could think of right away. Love them, except for Comfort, although she does well in her style, but was really hoping for Lauren Froderman, Joshua (of Joshua and Katee fame), or Jeanine Mason. They're some of my favorites. :)

sparks19
07-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes I love Joshua too. The bollywood he did with Katee was epic and no bollywood routine since then has even come close.

Did you know....

A lot of former SYTYCD dancers are background dancers on The Fresh Beat Band? Oh yes... Hannah loves this show and the first episode I watched was the hawaiian one and Mark was one of the dancers. In the tap dancing episode Joshua and Comfort are both in that one and then Legacy is a permanent background during the first and last song that they do in every show.

Taz_Zoee
07-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Did they have any winners as all stars last season? I can't remember.
Because all the people finn's mom named were winners. Lauren, Joshua and Jeanine.
I would have loved to see all three of them as well. :)

finn's mom
07-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes I love Joshua too. The bollywood he did with Katee was epic and no bollywood routine since then has even come close.

Did you know....

A lot of former SYTYCD dancers are background dancers on The Fresh Beat Band? Oh yes... Hannah loves this show and the first episode I watched was the hawaiian one and Mark was one of the dancers. In the tap dancing episode Joshua and Comfort are both in that one and then Legacy is a permanent background during the first and last song that they do in every show.

I didn't know that! I'll have to pay attention. We don't go out of our way to watch, but sometimes it comes on. I saw Mark on a live concert of Lady Gaga's. It was on the channel Paladia (Paladium?). I love Legacy! I'll definitely keep an eye out for him!

luvofallhorses
07-15-2011, 09:36 PM
I think Sasha should have been voted off to be honest.. she seems so immature to me. They were really mean to Ryan last night, I felt bad for her.

I like all of them except Sasha that made it into the top 10. I am sad Melanie and Marko will be broke up they are like the power couple of the season! Can't wait to see the all-stars though! I was hoping Dominic would be an all-star too.. but he is busy with all the stuff he is doing and we barely saw him last year. He is HOT. :D I can't wait to see Twitch and Pasha and all the others of course.. :D

I wish Courtney and Lauren were back on this year! It's awesome Kathryn has the lead role in Step Up 4ever that is coming out next year, she is so awesome! Yes I am rambling sorry! :o So sad about Alex Wong, I hope he makes a good recovery and will be able to be an All-star next year. For those of you don't know, Twitch plays a big part in Step Up 3 if you haven't seen it!

Who are your favorite choreographers? I really LOVE Travis Wall and Tabitha and Napoleon! :D I am trying to learn their choreography for National Dance Day! :p

My favorites of the season are Marko & Melanie.. Caitlynn and Mitchell, and Clarice and Jess! :) I like Jordan and Tadd too.

finn's mom
07-20-2011, 11:20 PM
FINALLY! An awesome show! It's been at least two weeks since I liked most of the dances. I think Catelynn's may have been my favorite. Tadd danced my favorite solo. :) Catelynn is trying hard to be my favorite girl, but Melanie still holds that place, for now. I loved Neil Patrick Harris as a judge. I've been a fan of his for most of my life, Doogie Howser will always have a spot in my heart. :)

Karen
07-21-2011, 12:40 PM
I thought everyone did a much better job tonight, and I thought Sasha was fabulous in her routine with Twitch! He kept up with her or vice versa very well, and their synchronized movements were very crisp and sharp. I thought Catelyn did a much better job in her partnered dance than her solo - she just seems to fling her hair around a lot every solo, I wanna make her tie it back so she cannot use that - it's distracting. Didn't love Jess' partnered dance, and could still see that minute hesitation before lifts. He's obviously strong enough, it's just a mental thing. I thought the Viennese Waltz was breathtakingly lovely, so very smooth and flowy! I have no idea who will be in the bottom tonight.

luvofallhorses
07-21-2011, 02:32 PM
I honestly think Melanie has the potential to win the show. :)

finn's mom
07-21-2011, 03:32 PM
I thought everyone did a much better job tonight, and I thought Sasha was fabulous in her routine with Twitch! . . . I thought Catelyn did a much better job in her partnered dance than her solo . . . Didn't love Jess' partnered dance . . . I thought the Viennese Waltz was breathtakingly lovely, so very smooth and flowy! I have no idea who will be in the bottom tonight.

Agreed!

Of the girls, Clarice and Jordan are probably my least favorites, but they're both awesome and I thought Clarice's Bollywood was great, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the routine Jordan did. :eek: All I know about the bottom, is that I hope Melanie isn't in it. I am not a fan of Catelyn's solos, either, but her Tango last night was incredible. Melanie's Waltz was gorgeous, but I think of the two ballroom routines, I enjoyed the Tango more. And, Sasha is a bad *ss, for sure. She is so funky and what a face!

As for the guys, Tadd is actually becoming more my favorite than Marko, just based on last night's performances. I could see any of the other three go home, and be ok with it, although I don't dislike any of them. Again, with the bottom, I just don't want to see Marko or Tadd in it. ;) It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I am sooooo grateful for the all-stars. I just think it makes for a more entertaining show.

finn's mom
07-21-2011, 03:34 PM
I honestly think Melanie has the potential to win the show. :)

My husband and I called her as the winner from her first audition. :)

Karen
07-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I love how various guests judges keep saying what an old-fashioned beauty Melanie has - but not one has mentioned she's like a real life Betty Boop, but who happens to be an excellent dancer!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_C9v2ED0ozQs/TJ87DDxgf2I/AAAAAAAAAN0/eCc48HveKUQ/s320/betty_boop_vermelho.gif

http://www.fox.com/dance/_ugc/images/downloads/Dance_Wallpaper_Melanie_1024x768.jpg
Doncha think? ;)

luvofallhorses
07-21-2011, 07:29 PM
LOL maybe Karen. She is a beautiful dancer and the most passion I think. :)

finn's mom
07-21-2011, 11:06 PM
I didn't have any issues with who went home tonight. Besides Tadd and Marko, I'm sorta indifferent about the guys. They're all amazing dancers, and I really like what Nigel said before announcing the two to leave. It was really good of him, and definitely true! They will all go far!

Karen
07-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I do like Ricky better than I did Mitchell, but I would rather Jess had gone home before either of them.

Taz_Zoee
07-22-2011, 09:55 AM
I didn't care for Ricky when he was with Ryan until the week Ryan went home. That week Ricky's solo was AMAZING! And I've liked him more since.
I predicted (after the bottom four were revealed) that those two would go home. Or should I say.....I hoped they would be the ones to go. I like both of them, but like Jordan and Ricky more.

I'm excited that there will be other all-stars next week. LAUREN!!! :D :D

finn's mom
07-22-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm excited that there will be other all-stars next week. LAUREN!!! :D :D

Lauren Froderman?! I didn't watch much of the results show! Who else will be on the show? I hope it's Lauren Froderman that you're referring to. I LOVE her. I'd also like to see Jeanine Mason as an all star one day.

Taz_Zoee
07-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Lauren Froderman?! I didn't watch much of the results show! Who else will be on the show? I hope it's Lauren Froderman that you're referring to. I LOVE her. I'd also like to see Jeanine Mason as an all star one day.

Yes, actually two Laurens. Sorry I didn't specify. But Lauren Froderman and Lauren Gottlieb (sp?) will both be on next week. Going from memory there was Ivan, Ade, Pasha (again) and Anya, both Laurens....that's all I can think of right now. Oh now I'm going to go watch it so I can tell you...... Ok I only didn't get two of them...yay me! Jaimie, that danced that bird dance with Hok, and Neil are the two I missed.

I also hope Jeanine comes back one week. :D

Karen
07-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Last night's show, I thought the guest dancer was excellent, but would have been better had I understood the words to the song, I suspect, but didn't care for the musical guest. When they started the first singer was sharp - as in off-pitch - and it didn't get much better as it went on. And Snoop Dog was on so briefly that I almost missed him, as I was hitting 3-secind skip, and just caught where he was walking of the stage, and had to back up to see him at all. All that hype for less than 30 seconds of rapping? Sheesh, great job if you can get it!

finn's mom
07-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Yes, actually two Laurens. Sorry I didn't specify. But Lauren Froderman and Lauren Gottlieb (sp?) will both be on next week. Going from memory there was Ivan, Ade, Pasha (again) and Anya, both Laurens....that's all I can think of right now. Oh now I'm going to go watch it so I can tell you...... Ok I only didn't get two of them...yay me! Jaimie, that danced that bird dance with Hok, and Neil are the two I missed.

I also hope Jeanine comes back one week. :D

Thank you! :) I can't wait to see the next show! Neil is one of my favorite all stars, so I'm super excited to see him. I think I'd like to see him paired with Melanie.

finn's mom
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
OH MY GOSH. That routine between Neil and Melanie. I have NEVER in my life seen someone launch themselves the way she did. Unbelievable. I am still reeling from it. Neil is spectacular, and even though I didn't start watching the show until after he competed, I have to say, after last season, he is one of my top five favorite dancers. GORGEOUS.

Seriously, though . . . Melanie!!!!! Unreal.

At this point, I could see Jess or Ricky leaving . . . and Jordan.

Karen
07-28-2011, 12:50 AM
I could see Jess going home, or Jordan or Caitlyn - some of the routines were just eh ... I was glad to see them put Sasha in a dress and do something not warrior-like.

finn's mom
07-28-2011, 01:01 AM
I could see Jess going home, or Jordan or Caitlyn - some of the routines were just eh ... I was glad to see them put Sasha in a dress and do something not warrior-like.

Yeah, it was still edgy, but I liked it. I could see Caitlynn leaving, too, although I really liked her ballroom routine with Tadd.

luvofallhorses
07-28-2011, 04:04 PM
I know for sure now Melanie is going to win this.. that leap was AMAZING! She is a beautiful dancer and my favorite. Neil is a hottie! I LOVE him and he is one of my favorites from the past seasons.

I honestly think Caitlynn & Ricky will be going home this week, I really like them though but their performances weren't that great.

I voted for Melanie, Tadd, Jordan, and Marko last night. Marko is such a sweetheart what he said to his mom last night and how he said it was beautiful. :) I honestly didn't like Lady Gaga on the panel.. she is just too weird for me.

finn's mom
07-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Marko is such a sweetheart what he said to his mom last night and how he said it was beautiful. :) I honestly didn't like Lady Gaga on the panel.. she is just too weird for me.

I agree, Marko really seemed to just go with what was on his heart at the moment, and that is one of my favorite things about him. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and seems so genuine. That was truly a beautiful moment, and his mother was precious.

I LOVED Lady GaGa on the panel. She actually critiqued, which so few guest judges do, and she's incredibly articulate. I don't personally like her appearance, but honestly, after a few critiques, I didn't notice her clothes, hair or makeup. She's a heckuva lot less annoying than Mary Murphy and her million teeth. ;) To each his own, though, and lucky for you, GaGa is only a guest. ;)

luvofallhorses
07-28-2011, 05:38 PM
LOL I am just not a huge fan of hers and her outfits are a bit much. I bet the dancers were stoked to meet her though and she was pretty nice to them. :)

finn's mom
07-28-2011, 05:53 PM
LOL I am just not a huge fan of hers and her outfits are a bit much. I bet the dancers were stoked to meet her though and she was pretty nice to them. :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I think she is oozing with talent, her voice is remarkable. But I don't personally like that style of music very much (although pop music does have it's place in my heart, and she's a billion times better than most of the other people in that genre). And, I am not a fan of her personal style at all. Although I have to say I'd pounce on a job I could do where I could dress in costumes all the time. :) Nothing insane like hers, but it would still be fun! I have never heard her speak where she didn't sound genuine and intelligent, though.

luvofallhorses
07-28-2011, 06:35 PM
You're right! She was extremely nice and I thought it was awesome that she said she would hire Melanie to go on tour with her. Mark Kanemura has danced on tour with her who was in Season 4. It would be awesome if he's an all-star this season he is quirky but cool and one of my favorites. :D I hope they pick Twitch again, I know he just danced but I can't get enough of him he has crazy talent. :)

luvofallhorses
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Well I was surprised Jordan would be voted off.. not too much about Jess. The dance company was amazing! I loved their performance. Mark Kanemura was a background dancer for Lady Gaga, I love him! :D

finn's mom
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Mark Kanemura has danced on tour with her who was in Season 4.

I actually saw him on some concert footage of hers that was on the Palladia (Palladium, I never remember which it is) channel. I recognized him instantly.

I wasn't disappointed in the two who went home tonight, although I was surprised to see Tadd in the bottom two. He and Marko are my favorite guys. I thought both guys did amazing solos (Jess's turns were INCREDIBLE), and both girls stunk.

luvofallhorses
07-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah Mark is pretty cool, kinda goth though but that's just his style. :)

Yeah, I agree with you there about the girls.. they did their best though but we'll see them in the finale. :D Wasn't shocked at ALL about Jess I think he should have went home a long time ago. I was shocked Ricky made it through too.

finn's mom
07-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I agree with you there about the girls.. they did their best though but we'll see them in the finale.

I didn't think they did their best at all in the solos tonight, but that's just my opinion. Heck, I think Jordan's first audition was a million times better than her dance tonight.

luvofallhorses
07-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah but she has been in the bottom 3 a lot so it must get tiresome for her and that's probably why they sent her home. I wouldn't be surprised if Caitlynn and Ricky go home next week, though.

finn's mom
07-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Yeah but she has been in the bottom 3 a lot so it must get tiresome for her and that's probably why they sent her home. I wouldn't be surprised if Caitlynn and Ricky go home next week, though.

It's all about handling pressure and stress when it really counts. Tadd and Jess didn't look bogged down at all, and it wasn't their first time dancing for their lives. Don't get me wrong, there's no way I could handle any of that pressure. I'd break down before auditioning haha. I admire them all. And, Jordan started off as one of my favorites.

And I hope those two go next week. I could have seen Ricky go tonight, but I'm glad to see Caitlynn dance one more week. I really enjoy her.

luvofallhorses
07-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah she's a good dancer. :) I think she has matured a lot. I admire them all too, I admit I wasn't a Sasha fan at the beginning because she seemed too immature to me but now I am a fan. :)

finn's mom
07-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Yeah she's a good dancer. :) I think she has matured a lot. I admire them all too, I admit I wasn't a Sasha fan at the beginning because she seemed too immature to me but now I am a fan. :)

Interesting. I never got that impression. I liked Sasha from the start. Her sister and her were great together, too!

Taz_Zoee
07-29-2011, 06:02 PM
I certainly hope the top four are Melanie, Marko, Sasha and Tadd. I would be super happy with any of those four winning it. :D

Karen
07-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I was pleasantly surprised that Ricky wasn't in the bottom two this week, and that Jess went home. He seems like a good Broadway dancer, but everything else, especially partnering, was always an obvious effort for him. I was glad Tadd didn't go!

Not surprised Jordan went home, I honestly didn't have a preference between her and Caitlyn, Caitlyn just does so much "hairography" rather than choreography whenever she has a solo ...

prechrswife
07-29-2011, 06:35 PM
I certainly hope the top four are Melanie, Marko, Sasha and Tadd. I would be super happy with any of those four winning it. :D

I agree!

finn's mom
07-30-2011, 10:07 PM

I definitely love that top four, although I hope Melanie wins. ;)

finn's mom
07-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Not surprised Jordan went home, I honestly didn't have a preference between her and Caitlyn, Caitlyn just does so much "hairography" rather than choreography whenever she has a solo ...

I figured they'd be in the bottom, but I'd hoped Caitlynn would stay in the game, even though I'm sure she'll leave next week. I enjoy her dances more, but I don't enjoy her solos at all. As you said, way too much hair. Someone should say something to her. I LOVE her hair, but she needs to do something to it when she dances.

luvofallhorses
07-30-2011, 10:11 PM
I want Melanie to win too.. or Marko!

Did you guys celebrate National Dance Day? There was no place to celebrate here.. I really want to meet Nappytabs.. they seem awesome! I'd love to meet Tyce and Mandy Moore too.. Sonya too she seems cool. A little eccentric though, lol. Too bad CA is far from Montana and too bad Dominic is not back this year. :( I LOVE him.

finn's mom
08-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Melanie! Melanie! Melanie!

Seriously, I had JUST said to David that I hadn't been impressed with the solos so far . . . and Melanie came out and set that stage on fire. Definitely the best solo I've seen this season . . . and in my top three favorite solos ever on the show.

At this point, David and I both think it's kindof Melanie vs. Everyone Else.

I need to watch Melanie's hip hop with Twitch again, because I didn't really love it the first time I watched it. I thought Caitlynn did great on her samba and the contemporary with Marko, whom I still adore, was amazing. I thought Kent and Sasha did awesome, and the whacking routine was fun, but I didn't think it belonged on the show this late in the game. It seemed too simple. I liked Tadd and Elenore's routine, but it was definitely strange!

Overall, it was a good show! I think I'd still like to see Ricky and Caitlynn leave tonight, but I was more impressed by Caitlynn last night than Sasha, although I think overall Sasha is a better dancer.

My favorite routine was Tadd and Melanie. I told David last night that I would go see ANY movie Melanie Moore was in. She has an incredible face and she is such a great performer! I also want to see more of her art work, as I watched her audition again last night and they showed some of her oil paintings! GORGEOUS.

Can't wait for next week!

Karen
08-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I thought Melanie's solo was different and great. I had the same complaint with Caitlyn's solo - if someone shaved her head, I don't know what she'd do for a solo, as she spends so much of it flinging her hair around ... I did think her last dance of the night was her best simply because she finally dropped the "cheesy grin" and seemed invested in the dance.

I thought the "interviews with the parents" were a bit much. Of course every single one of them is going to say "we love you and think you are the best no matter what" - what else could they say, y'know?

I haven't watched last nights results show yet, and have no idea who will be sent home for the guys, am guessing Caitlyn for the girls just because she's not up to the caliber of Sasha or Melanie.

Karen
08-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Well, I was right about Caitlyn, and not surprised. I thought it was too bad Ricky went home, but he made it so far even though the judges kept critiquing him week after week, and it seems like sometimes they just wanted him to either put on weight or shrink a few inches, but he just dances with such light and joy that it is infectious. Hey, not everybody needs to be able to be "down and dirty" - in my humble opinion. And really I thought the three boys were pretty evenly matched, so I was going be surprised any way it turned out!

What did you all think?

Taz_Zoee
08-06-2011, 12:13 AM
The top four just as I predicted. I love it when I'm right. ;)
Melanie's solo was AMAZING!!! She is amazing! I love her dancing and her personality. I also really like Tadd's personality too. So it would be cool to me if they were the top two. :)

I rushed through the results show and didn't watch the two guest performances. I was going to go back and watch them later and out of habit I deleted the darn program. :( I wanted to see the dance part. I would have liked to see Pia sing too, but eh, I'm not as bummed about missing her. I am so glad I got to see Lauren and Kent dance together though. I love Kent!!! He is so adorable. :)

finn's mom
08-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I thought Melanie's solo was different and great.

I thought the "interviews with the parents" were a bit much.

I agree on Melanie's solo, it was awesome. :love:

But, I disagree on the interviews . . . I loved seeing the pride and joy on their faces, and seeing a little bit on why these dancers are who they are. The parents always seem to play a huge part in their paths to dance, and I love seeing their moments. ;)

finn's mom
08-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Well, I was right about Caitlyn, and not surprised. I thought it was too bad Ricky went home . . . he just dances with such light and joy that it is infectious. Hey, not everybody needs to be able to be "down and dirty" - in my humble opinion.

What did you all think?

I wasn't surprised about Caitlyn, or Ricky, although I really thought Tadd might get sent home instead. I prefer Tadd, but was unsure what America would decide. Glad they voted the way they did.

I definitely agree that not all dancers have to be able to dance down and dirty, but I do think they need to be versatile enough to be able to act the part when they're called upon to do so.

I'm pleased with the top four and can't wait to see the finale. :)

luvofallhorses
08-11-2011, 10:18 PM
I am SO happy for Melanie. I voted for her last night, I am thrilled she won. :D I wish all of the dancers and Melanie the best of luck in their future. It's TOTALLY awesome the top 4 got to see the Premiere of Glee 3D as well and meet the actors.

I am probably going with my mom on Tuesday. :) I wish the tour of SYTYCD would come to Montana, I would love to meet them in person especially Melanie, Marko, and Tadd! :D This season went by way too fast and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

finn's mom
08-12-2011, 12:25 AM
I was so so happy with the results. 47% of the votes?! Amazing!

Great finale! It's on my DVR and I'll watch it a handful of times before deleting it. :)

Oh, and I LOVED the routine with Melanie and Tadd last night! Super cool! :love:

This was probably the most emotional finale for me since the show started.

Karen
08-12-2011, 12:27 AM
So, I just finished watching last night's show, haven;t watched the results yet, or read anyone's post about that. But I thought it was completely clear by halfway through the show what the results would be. Melanie did well in every number, Marko did very well, and Sasha did pretty well except when she was partnered with Tadd, who I think did the worst. He just seemed out of his depth. I thought badly of the judges for saying Sasha "couldn't do" slinky or femme fatale, I mean, sheesh, type-casting anyone? That reflected more on them than her. I thought it was astute of whomever dressed her for her solo to put her in something delicate and lacy, as if to say "see, she can be pretty as well as "fierce." I liked that they put Melanie in a "warrior princess" outfit for that one number where she's beating up Tadd's character for cheating, too - like they suddenly figured they'd better use the outfits they kept putting on Sasha on her competition for once.

I thought Marko did better of the two guys, and Melanie the better of the two girls, but that Melanie just far outshone everyone else.

By the way, I hope they do NOT cast Melanie as the lead in the remake of 'Dirty Dancing" when that happens. Love her, and she's great, but not for the Jennifer Grey character, who starts out shy and unskilled.

Okay, now I'll go watch the results, but I would be stunned if anyone but Melanie won it!

luvofallhorses
08-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Yes, finn's mom. I love the one "I Got You" that they had Marko and Melanie dance again and they have such a sweet friendship too and such chemistry when they dance together. I also love the one between Melanie and Neil they also had them re-dance. That leap Melanie does is amazing!

I was so hoping the judges would pick those 2 dances and they did. :D I love the top 10 guys dance and the top 10 girls dance they re-danced also. Great season and show!!! Melanie deserves the win so much, I just knew she'd win it!! :D

Oh and I agree about Dirty Dancing.. I really like Melanie but couldn't see her in the lead role it just doesn't seem like her. I'd like to see her as an All-star next year though and other dance movies! :D

Taz_Zoee
08-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I haven't watched the full results show yet. I just flipped over from another show to see Melanie win...........as I figured she would. :D

I was a little scared after Tadd did his solo the other night because of all the screaming girls. I thought he might win because of that. But the right person won. I had a feeling she'd win from her first audition. :)

finn's mom
08-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Oh and I agree about Dirty Dancing.. I really like Melanie but couldn't see her in the lead role it just doesn't seem like her.

I'm not sure how I feel about them remaking that movie at all, but I'll see if it if they do. ;) I think they'd have to be more careful about Johnny's character than Baby's, considering the circumstances. I think it'd be neat to see Jennifer Grey as Baby's mom. Talk about full circle!

I think Melanie could pull of the innocent, shy act. I keep remembering her audition and how cutesy she was, and how different she was immediately before and after her dance. Not immature, but definitely young. She's an amazing performer, and I think she could pull off any role given her, with the right direction.

Karen
08-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I think Melanie could pull of the innocent, shy act. I keep remembering her audition and how cutesy she was, and how different she was immediately before and after her dance. Not immature, but definitely young. She's an amazing performer, and I think she could pull off any role given her, with the right direction.

I think she could handle the shy, insecure act, but she's too well muscled and technically skilled to play "inexperienced, never danced" and unless they rewrite the whole character, she's not the "ugly sister" by any stretch.

But I did finally watch the whole finale, and thought it went on a bit long, but I did like how both she and Sasha both genuinely expected the other one to win, and really did seem happy for each other.

I thought it was very interesting that Melanie got 47% of the vote, and I think they said Sasha got 32% of the vote - that just leaves 21% of the vote to split between the two boys!

I do love Marko, and think he will sure find work as well as the girls.

finn's mom
08-15-2011, 09:28 AM
I think she could handle the shy, insecure act, but she's too well muscled and technically skilled to play "inexperienced, never danced" and unless they rewrite the whole character, she's not the "ugly sister" by any stretch.

But I did finally watch the whole finale, and thought it went on a bit long, but I did like how both she and Sasha both genuinely expected the other one to win, and really did seem happy for each other.

I thought it was very interesting that Melanie got 47% of the vote, and I think they said Sasha got 32% of the vote - that just leaves 21% of the vote to split between the two boys!

I do love Marko, and think he will sure find work as well as the girls.

I don't know, I still think they could pull it off. America Ferrera is gorgeous, and they make her look "ugly" in Ugly Betty. And, I always thought of Baby as plain, not so much ugly. The muscles would be the only thing I think would get in the way, but maybe Baby's a gymnast in the movie haha. As for the skilled part . . . I think she could work on looking less skilled. I mean, this is all dependent on whether she's a good actress or not. She was a great actress on stage, but I imagine it's a different ballgame altogether in a movie.

With all that being said, there are probably better choices to play the part of Baby.

And, I was blown away by the fact that she got nearly half the votes!

I think all those people find work in dance after it's all said and done. At least, that's what I like to think. :love:

luvofallhorses
08-15-2011, 06:34 PM
I do think she could pull it off but she does work out a lot so that's probably why she has muscles. I wish I could see them on tour but I am not close enough to any states they are going to be!! :(

I really want to meet Melanie, Tadd, Caitlyn, Marko, and Jordan...all of them really. In one of Melanie's interviews she said she may use her money to go back to school. :) I wish all of them best of luck in their futures, this show helps them expand their career and I am pretty sure all of them will find work!!! :)

finn's mom
08-16-2011, 03:08 PM
I do think she could pull it off but she does work out a lot so that's probably why she has muscles.

And just to clarify what I meant, I meant maybe Baby's a gymnast in the movie, not Melanie. ;) I edited my post to make more sense.

luvofallhorses
08-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Oh ok, sorry. :p