PDA

View Full Version : Songs stuck in your head

Karen
06-21-2011, 02:41 PM
There's always some music running through my head - I was quite old before I realized that most people's brains don't provide a running soundtrack to life, hence the popularity of the iPod!

But sometimes a song gets stuck there, whether I like that particular song or not!

Right now, "Jar of Hearts" is stuck in my head, by Christina Perri. It's a pretty melody, plaintive, and not as angry as the lyrics would imply. What's stuck in yours?

And please, do tell me whether or not your brain does the 'background music for life" thing, I'll be interested at how common it is.

finn's mom
06-21-2011, 03:05 PM
I always have songs in my head . . . and that "Jar of Hearts" song is great! I first heard it on So You Think You Can Dance. ;)

I have had Bob Dylan's "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" in my head for the last couple days. :)

CountryWolf07
06-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Out of Goodbyes - Maroon 5 (with Lady Antebellum) - this song I can't get OUT of my head these days... it's such a good one, though.. :)

pomtzu
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
There's always background music in my head. Sometimes I wish I could turn it off, especially if it's a song I don't really care for.

Riight now it's "wanted dead or alive" by bon jovi. Maybe it's reminding me that Deadliest Catch is on tonight, and that's their theme song.

Taz_Zoee
06-21-2011, 04:04 PM
I also always have a song playing in my head. Even if I only know one line from the entire song.
Unfortunately, right now the song the Thompson sisters sang on The Voice last week is stuck there, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. I was just thinking about coming here to post on that thread then I saw this one. :)

Karen
06-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I thought they did a bad job miking the sisters for that number - we basically heard the harmony part twice as strong as the melody, and I always wonder how different what we at home hear is from the studio audience and judges.

Taz_Zoee
06-21-2011, 04:12 PM
I thought they did a bad job miking the sisters for that number - we basically heard the harmony part twice as strong as the melody, and I always wonder how different what we at home hear is from the studio audience and judges.

I totally agree with you. But, as I just posted in The Voice thread, they did not sing good during the group song either. Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

aTailOf2Kitties
06-21-2011, 05:46 PM
i can't get a radio signal in my work area so I'll usually get whatever song I heard last stuck in there for a while. That will remind me of another song so that one will take it's place. Older songs are more likely to stick, especially "Like a Prayer" by Madonna or "seven" by prince, although "Da Da Da" by Trio is currently stuck on repeat.

Pinot's Mom
06-21-2011, 06:29 PM
The "stuck song" is called an earworm. ;)

We have them a lot in the choir, songs that you JUST CANNOT get out! Sometimes it's good, sometimes not so good, but oh well - all music is good, right?;)

Asiel
06-21-2011, 06:42 PM
The two favourite songs that are with me constantly are "Amazing Grace" and "One Day At A Time".

Freedom
06-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Mine is pretty mundane. Little girl in line in front of me THIS MORNING was signing "The Wheels On the Bus" and doggone that thing has followed me all day today! :D

fritz03
06-21-2011, 08:47 PM
I can remember hearing songs in my head since Grade 3,around 1968,the song in my head now is Wave Babies by Honeymoon Suite,heard it on the radio after coming back from Marlene's then found the video for it on Youtube.

smokey the elder
06-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Because I sing in a choral group and like music in general, snippets of all sorts of songs run through my head. If there's no one around I'll hum or sing out loud, but quietly. Two persistent earworms I've had recently are Train's "Soul Sister" and Plain White Tees' "The Rhythm of Love." Fortunately these are nice, upbeat songs.

gemini9961
06-22-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm one of the people that don't have songs in their head throughout the day. I don't remember the lyrics well so I'd have trouble singing it in my head. :) I have just random thoughts in my head I suppose, mostly it seems pretty blank.

Twisterdog
06-22-2011, 09:51 AM
There's always some music running through my head - I was quite old before I realized that most people's brains don't provide a running soundtrack to life, hence the popularity of the iPod!

Oh yes, I have the Life Soundtrack playing constantly! Always have.

Right now, I have "No Rain" by Blind Melon stuck in my head.

wombat2u2004
06-22-2011, 10:47 AM
It's maddening. When I get a tune stuck in my head, I automatically start to whistle it. I get into heaps of trouble because everyone is so sick of my out of tune whistling....hee hee

Karen
06-22-2011, 10:49 AM
It's maddening. When I get a tune stuck in my head, I automatically start to whistle it. I get into heaps of trouble because everyone is so sick of my out of tune whistling....hee hee

I once had an assistant who would do that, but he'd absentmindedly whistle opera - and it sounded completely dreadful! We took to throwing paperclips at him to break him of the habit!

cassiesmom
06-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Out of Goodbyes - Maroon 5 (with Lady Antebellum) - this song I can't get OUT of my head these days... it's such a good one, though.. :)

Maroon 5 and Lady Antebellum, I will have to hunt that down! I like Maroon 5 and my niece loves Lady Antebellum.

Driving to work one day I had a Farmers Insurance jingle stuck in my head that I'd heard on the radio. I had to start singing scales out loud to get rid of it! I'm sure other drivers thought I was crazy.

momcat
06-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I've always been a huge Peter, Paul, and Mary fan and the song most frequently in my head is "A Soalin". I also love 50's instrumentals and often "Blue Tango" (my favorite all time) moves in and stays.

wombat2u2004
06-22-2011, 08:12 PM
How about we all get "Old Zip Coon" embedded into our heads today. :p

Karen
05-11-2012, 09:01 PM
I had to dig up this thread - I have had the first few lines of Pink's "So What" stuck in my head for hours now, and in no way, shape or form do I consider myself a "rock star"!

pomtzu
05-12-2012, 05:36 AM
For some odd reason, everyday anymore, I wake up with a song playing in my head and I can't figure where they're coming from. Today it's You Are My Sunshine.

phesina
05-12-2012, 06:00 AM
Oh, Ellie, if you have to have an earworm, what a nice one to have!

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...

fritz03
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
The song in my head right now is Fire it Up by Johnny Reid ,was at his concert in Oshawa,Ontario Thursday night.

Grace
05-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Hello Mary Lou by Ricky Nelson :)

Edwina's Secretary
05-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Once upon a time I had a boss named Mary Lou. When I would see her I would, of course, say..."Hello Mary Lou!" I did not say..."good bye heart!" but that song would be in my head until....

phesina
05-13-2012, 05:36 AM
I had a cat named Mary Lou, many years ago. I'd sing "Hello, Mary Lou.. Goodbye heart.." to her.

Grace
05-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Also swirling around in my head - it's not a song, but the second movement (Adagio) of Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 23.

If you've seen the newest Air France commercial, you've heard a short snippet of it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6bGnSEwdKY&feature=related

momcat
05-13-2012, 01:00 PM
The song firmly stuck in my mind today is a Country song from a few years ago. I don't remember the name of the song or who did it, but the part that keeps playing in my head:

There ought to be a Hall of Fame for mamas,
Heaven's most unique and precious pearl.
And Heaven help us always to remember
That the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

Happy Mother's Day, fellow Moms!

Grace
05-13-2012, 05:42 PM
The song firmly stuck in my mind today is a Country song from a few years ago. I don't remember the name of the song or who did it, but the part that keeps playing in my head:

There ought to be a Hall of Fame for mamas,
Heaven's most unique and precious pearl.
And Heaven help us always to remember
That the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

Happy Mother's Day, fellow Moms!

Glen Campbell wrote the lyrics and recorded the song.

momcat
05-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Glen Campbell wrote the lyrics and recorded the song.

Hi Grace,
Thank you so very much for the info! Now I can go and try to find the CD.

kittycats_delight
05-14-2012, 05:07 AM
It's been well over a month now I have the same 'set' of songs running through my head. Can't post lyrics as they are not for all eyes. It is the soundtrack of a metal musical episode of Todd and The Book of Pure Evil (http://www.toddandthebookofpureevil.com) from season 2 called '2 Girls 1 Tongue. The music is fantastic. In my opinion it is the best musical episode ever of any program. It consists of 8 songs. You can find them all on youtube. The titles are as follows.

Something Evil has Happened to me
Welcome to the Horror of my Mind
Metal Dude Wop
Love is Heaven, Love is Hell
Horny Like the Devil
No More Tears
Phantom Me, Phantom You
So Sincerely Sorry

If you like musicals and like metal check it out but be warned the lyrics aren't for everyone.

AvaJoy
05-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Ever since Schuyler went to Rainbow Bridge on Good Friday, my brain plays over and over two Sarah McLachlan songs. Arms of The Angel and I Will Remember You. It comforts me. I had my vet come to our home and she asked that I call her cell phone to arrange time that evening. Her ring tone was Sarah McLaughlin's ANGEL. So that is how it started. Turns out we have the CD so I taped both songs on a cassette (I know, I know . . . I should "get with it" and learn how to download to ipod/burn CDs/etc.) All my old favorite songs are on cassette tapes and I even have my old Walkman . . . silly, but I'm a creature of habit. I've heard there is a contraption that can convert cassettes and vinyl records to CDs but I'm not up to spending the money nor the brainpower to learn how to do it.

smokey the elder
05-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Actually you can get USB cassette players and turntables to change all your analog stuff to .mp3 files and store them on your hard drive. I want to do that with my vinyl some day.

Karen
05-15-2012, 12:17 PM
"Make You Feel My Love" has been running through my head all day so far ... not the Adelle version, must be the Garth Brooks version, although it was originally by Bob Dylan, I do not like his singing voice, so I'm glad it's not his version!

caseysmom
05-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Head, shoulders, knees and toes for me...singing that to my granddaughters all the time...

Taz_Zoee
05-15-2012, 01:28 PM
I always have a song stuck in my head. Either I heard the song or someone says something that reminds me of a song.
Like I made a mistake earlier and had to send something to our CPA (they are younger guys so they have a sense of humor) so I said......Oops, I did it again. Then said....Hope this song doesn't get stuck in your head.

He responded and said....on a side note now I have Britney Spears wonderful voice in my head this morning. :D

cassiesmom
05-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I heard this on the radio today, I've liked the song ever since it came out; but now it's stuck in my head!

"Hold On" - Wilson Phillips (1990)

Some day somebody's gonna want to make you turn around and say goodbye
Till then baby are you gonna let them hold you down and make you cry
Don't you know things can change, things can go your way
If you hold on for one more day
Things will go your way
Hold on for one more day
-----

phesina
05-18-2012, 06:27 PM
"She Works Hard For the Money... " has been running through my head.

Rest in peace, Donna Summers.

pomtzu
05-19-2012, 05:46 AM
Down by the Station ~~ a kid's song. Anyone remember this?

Down by the station early in the morning
See the little pufferbellies all in a row.
See the station master turn the little handle
Chug chug toot toot
Off they go.

Don't ask why that would be in my head this morning. I haven't a clue. Maybe I'm needing to hop on Amtrak and head to NC to see my bro???? :confused:

phesina
05-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Oh, I remember that!

Thanks for bringing it back to me! I haven't even thought about it since back then. I always liked it.

Vette
05-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I very rarely have a song stuck in my head unless i just kind of recently listened to a song. especially a catchy song.
im more of the type that when i find a song i like i tend to leave Winamp or YouTube on autoplay an listen to it over an over an over an even more so if the like the video.

Karen
05-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Now, it's Pearl Jam's "Just Breathe" .... at least it's a nice song.

Karen
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Certain images bring songs to mind - today's kitty, Kittie - means "Corner of the Sky" from Pippin has been going through my head all day because of the line "cats fit on the windowsill, children fit in the snow" and as it is a song we sang in chorus in high school, I know all the words!

cassiesmom
12-12-2012, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oJGrks5c4g

Cast of "Million Dollar Quartet" touring company performs "Mele Kalikimaka"

LOVE this! (saw it on facebook)

cassiesmom
05-02-2013, 01:48 PM
There's this song by Pink and Nate Reuss from fun. -- "Just Give Me a Reason" that I heard on the radio earlier today. So that's my ear-worm right now. I really like fun. and I am getting to like Pink better with her newer songs. She reminds me of Alanis Morrisette in a way.

pomtzu
05-02-2013, 05:24 PM
You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone! AARRGGGHHH! That darn LifeStyle Lift commercial has been on t.v. more than usual today. Every time the song starts to abate in my head - the commercial runs again and the song is back! :mad:

Taz_Zoee
05-02-2013, 05:45 PM
There's this song by Pink and Nate Reuss from fun. -- "Just Give Me a Reason" that I heard on the radio earlier today. So that's my ear-worm right now. I really like fun. and I am getting to like Pink better with her newer songs. She reminds me of Alanis Morrisette in a way.

I :love::love::love: this song! I have it on my ipod and play it ALL the time!!

The song that has been in my head today is Jump, but Kris Kross. Since one of the members, Chris Kelly, passed away yesterday and they were playing the songs on the radio this morning. He was only 34, possible drug overdose.

recycler
05-08-2013, 11:09 PM

I love P!NK also & love that she has a new album out. I have yet to buy it. I do hear that wonderful song a lot, on the radio! ;)

Lady's Human
05-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Cebuuuuuu...

Those of you who have younger kids who listen to veggie tales will get the reference, if not, check out "Silly songs with Larry".

cassiesmom
05-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Karen, I saw a preview on CBS yesterday for the David Letterman show- they were going to have a performance from the Broadway revival of Pippin. So, now I have "Corner of the Sky" in my head again :)!

kuhio98
05-15-2013, 03:19 PM
You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone! AARRGGGHHH! That darn LifeStyle Lift commercial has been on t.v. more than usual today. Every time the song starts to abate in my head - the commercial runs again and the song is back! :mad:

Good to know that I'm not the only one who gets "un-cool" songs stuck in my head.

I find myself humming oldie songs like Donny Osmonds...."And they called it puppy lo-ove!" :rolleyes:

Right now I have a song with the lyrics... "Something tells me I'm into something good" I had to google it and found out that it was a song by Hermans Hermits from 1965!!!!!!! I have no idea where I heard it but it's stuck in there somewhere.

pomtzu
05-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Good to know that I'm not the only one who gets "un-cool" songs stuck in my head.

I find myself humming oldie songs like Donny Osmonds...."And they called it puppy lo-ove!" :rolleyes:

Right now I have a song with the lyrics... "Something tells me I'm into something good" I had to google it and found out that it was a song by Hermans Hermits from 1965!!!!!!! I have no idea where I heard it but it's stuck in there somewhere.

Gee - thanks!! NOT!

When the LifeStyle Lift commercial was on t.v. this afternoon, and of course old Debby's song got stuck in my head again - so did the Herman's Hermits song too. That's what I get for reading what you posted. :p Actually, I always liked that song. Guess I'm showing my age if I remember it so well...........:eek::D

cassiesmom
05-20-2013, 01:02 PM
"Video Killed the Radio Star" -- I heard it on the radio one time and now it's stuck in my head, and not in a good way! Aargh!

phesina
05-20-2013, 01:38 PM
"Land of hope and gloria,
Land of my victoria..
Victoria.. Victoria.. Victoria, ...toria!"

(Thank you, Kinks!)

Happy Victoria Day, all!!!

momcat
05-20-2013, 05:38 PM
For the past few days, the song playing non stop in my mind is "Run For the Roses" by Dan Fogelberg - it's for the foals that will grow to take the triple crown:

"Born in the valley and raised in the trees
Of western Kentucky on wobbling knees,
With Mama beside you to help you along
You'll soon be grownig up strong.

And it's run for the roses as fast as you can
The day is delivered the moment's at hand
It's the chance of a lifetime in a lifetime of chance
It's your time to join in the dance."

phesina
05-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Oh, what a nice song! Thank you, Eileen.

I don't know the tune of that. Otherwise it would probably be running through my head now too.

cassiesmom
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM

Heard it on the radio again today! Of course it's stuck in my head now, but that's OK. I think I spelled his name wrong in my earlier post, too -- nate Ruess from fun.

wolflady
05-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Oh gosh yes! These days, they tend to be nursury rhymes from Sylvia's DVDs! Oi!:o

cloverfdx
05-22-2013, 09:44 AM
The lovely Anna Kendricks version of your gonna miss me when I'm gone :(.

lizbud
05-22-2013, 05:23 PM
This music from a new Infiniti commercial on TV. My feet cannot stay still whenever I hear this melody.:D Not so much stuck in my head,but stuck in my feet.:D

http://www.popisms.com/TelevisionCommercial/75046/Infiniti-Commercial-2013.aspx

Karen
05-22-2013, 06:28 PM
What an odd concept for a commercial, I had never watched/seen that one before! I just imagine the snarls in traffic if any of those cars change lanes or cross paths - certainly does not inspire me to buy a car!

momcat
05-22-2013, 08:07 PM
This music from a new Infiniti commercial on TV. My feet cannot stay still whenever I hear this melody.:D Not so much stuck in my head,but stuck in my feet.:D

http://www.popisms.com/TelevisionCommercial/75046/Infiniti-Commercial-2013.aspx

Hi Lizbud,
I've seen this commercial 80-gazillion times but never noticed the music before your post. Forget the car -- I want that music! Thanks for posting!

cassiesmom
05-23-2013, 02:58 PM

It's on the radio right now! LOVE this song! Every time I hear it, I like it more.

momcat
05-23-2013, 09:07 PM
With no small kids around, this one is a complete mystery - - - "Itsy Bitsy Spider".

cassiesmom
06-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Today is Flag Day and I heard "Stars and Stripes Forever" on the radio. Now it's stuck in my head but with the church camp lyrics: "Be kind to your web-footed friend..." Brain, can I please hear the instrumental version - preferably beginning at the trio, where the piccolo part starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx9v-E0WBNg

Scooter's Mom
06-14-2013, 08:19 PM
For the past few days, the song playing non stop in my mind is "Run For the Roses" by Dan Fogelberg - it's for the foals that will grow to take the triple crown:

"Born in the valley and raised in the trees
Of western Kentucky on wobbling knees,
With Mama beside you to help you along
You'll soon be grownig up strong.

And it's run for the roses as fast as you can
The day is delivered the moment's at hand
It's the chance of a lifetime in a lifetime of chance
It's your time to join in the dance."

This is an old message - but I LOVE this song. I adore Dan Fogleberg. :love: I was so sad when he passed away.

Karen
06-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Right now, "Bright, bright sunshiny day" - because it is!

moosmom
06-16-2013, 07:24 AM
"If I Had a Million Dollars" by Barenaked Ladies

phesina
06-16-2013, 08:51 AM
OOOOOh, that's a good one, Donna! Now I've got it going in my head too.

cloverfdx
06-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Imagine dragons - on top of the world. My bestie made me listen to it the other day and I cannot get it out of my head lol. Soooooo catchy :).

And pompeii - Bastille ....love love love it.

momcat
06-18-2013, 07:20 PM
This is an old message - but I LOVE this song. I adore Dan Fogleberg. :love: I was so sad when he passed away.

I definitely agree with you, I too felt sad when he passed away. There's a lot of music we'll never get to hear. "Run For the Roses" is one of my all time favorites. My son worked with horses for a few years and taught therapeutic horseback riding to physically and developmentally disabled children. This is a very special song for both of us. But I'm sorry for getting some of the words wrong. Please excuse me while I get into that CD.

cassiesmom
08-13-2013, 01:40 PM
"Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke

Vette
08-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Know whats annoying... having a song stuck in your head as youre trying to sleep!

i made the mistake of listening to dis before i went to bed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qit3ALTelOo

Karen
08-13-2013, 08:12 PM
"Baby, You Can Drive My Car" and I have no ida why it's there! I can't even tell you the last time I heard it playing anywhere!

micki76
08-13-2013, 08:17 PM
"Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke

This is THE song of the summer for me! Actually this is 'Micki's Summer of Pop Music', because I'm not normally a big pop music fan. Between Blurred Lines, Get Lucky, and Treasure, I'm really enjoying music right now. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-14-2013, 03:25 AM
I keep hearing "Memories" from the musical Cats!! We saw that musical last night!

phesina
08-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Now you've got "Memories" going in my head, Lut!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cloverfdx
08-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Cups - Lulu and the Lampshades. Reminds me of a very dear person :love:.

pomtzu
08-16-2013, 10:44 AM
The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel

Way too appropriate at this sad time,,,,,,,,,,,,,:(

cloverfdx
08-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Passenger - holes :(.

cassiesmom
08-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Aerosmith "Love In An Elevator" ... I haven't heard it in who knows how long. I heard it on the radio today and now it is firmly stuck in my head.

And I learned something today that I hadn't known before ... the backing vocals on Elton John's song "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" are sung by Bruce Johnston and Carl Wilson of the Beach Boys, and Toni Tennille.

cassiesmom
09-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Last night it was "Thank You For the Music" from Mamma Mia ... today I'm back to Rent with "Seasons of Love". My mom and dad's cable system has a channel that is all show tunes from cast albums and movies ... which I love :)

Karen
09-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Various lullabies - spent the afternoon recording them for my newest "nephew" in Boston. If you're ever having trouble sleeping, I can put anyone to sleep - little Calvin went out like a light during song #1! Not even the sirens going by (major car accident nearby we found out) woke him up!

cassiesmom
09-09-2013, 07:52 PM
"Black or White" - Michael Jackson ... I heard it on the radio today and now it's playing in my head.

cloverfdx
09-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Two - Edward Sharp and the magnetic Zeros.

Lady's Human
09-10-2013, 07:08 AM
It's a small world after all.......:mad:

Shiny happy people ........:mad::mad:

It's sad when "Enter the Ninja" is used for mental floss to get those out of my head.

momcat
09-10-2013, 07:40 PM
This past Thursday, my supervisor came over and told me the location for our 2:00 meeting was changed so we walked together to the other building. As it turned out, the meeting was actually my surprise retirement party. As I went into the conference room, all of my co-workers started singing "Happy Trails to You" from the old Roy Rogers and Dale Evans show. It took a moment or two to sink in but when it did, I couldn't help but think - what a perfect song for a retiree. Since then that song is firmly stuck in my mind constantly, especially around the office.

pomtzu
09-11-2013, 07:03 AM
If I Only Had a Brain --- from The Wizard of Oz.

I was thinking of something I did - that I probably shouldn't have - and I was applying this song title to myself. Now it won't go away............:eek:

Casper
09-11-2013, 12:32 PM
THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA&feature=relmfu

Karen
09-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Currently Beethoven's "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" don't know why!

Karen
09-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Okay, starting up iTunes, Coldplay's "When I ruled the world" has been running through my brain for an hour - it was on in the car when I was driving to wedding reception ...

snakemama
09-15-2013, 10:37 PM
If you haven't heard "What does the fox say" by Ylvis, go listen...and be prepared to hear it in your head for DAYS! If I randomly start dancing around, hubby knows it's playing there again...

Karen
09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
If you haven't heard "What does the fox say" by Ylvis, go listen...and be prepared to hear it in your head for DAYS! If I randomly start dancing around, hubby knows it's playing there again...

Ooh boy - don't wanna get something else stuck there, but thanks!

snakemama
09-16-2013, 12:18 AM
but but but...that song is silliness incarnate, and perfect for animal lovers!!

pomtzu
09-16-2013, 06:37 AM
Wow - I am so out of touch in the music field. All the groups/people, that you are all mentioning - I don't have a clue as to who they are. I think I must have stopped in the 80's. I can hear a recent song on the radio and like it, but who sings it????? -I sure don't know. :eek:

Karen
09-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Wow - I am so out of touch in the music field. All the groups/people, that you are all mentioning - I don't have a clue as to who they are. I think I must have stopped in the 80's. I can hear a recent song on the radio and like it, but who sings it????? -I sure don't know. :eek:

I usually have to look up who does the song, I couldn't remember which group did "When I ruled the world," for example! Remember who performed a piece has never been my focus!

cassiesmom
10-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Cups - Lulu and the Lampshades. Reminds me of a very dear person :love:.

I just heard the Anna Kendrick version on the radio :)

"In A World Like This" - Backstreet Boys
They're back and apparently as good as they ever were. I've only heard this song a few times but the more i hear it, the more I like it. I didn't really get into the whole boy band thing from the late '80s and early '90s. I have two friends who are planning 2014 weddings, so this song reminds me of those two couples.

pomtzu
10-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Early Morning Rain - Peter, Paul & Mary version. Don't know how that song popped up - the sun's coming up thru a light fog. No rain until Sunday/Monday from that tropical storm KAREN :eek: that is in the Gulf. :p

Karen
10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Early Morning Rain - Peter, Paul & Mary version. Don't know how that song popped up - the sun's coming up thru a light fog. No rain until Sunday/Monday from that tropical storm KAREN :eek: that is in the Gulf. :p

One of the few years I get a storm named after me! Hope it brings rain to places that need it!

phesina
10-09-2013, 08:22 PM
"Soft kitty,
Warm kitty,
Little ball of fur.
Happy kitty,
Sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr."

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Litterati
10-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Past couple of days it's been "Eighties" by Killing Joke. :cool:

Lady's Human
10-09-2013, 11:38 PM
VOA by the Red Rocker.

How odd...

cassiesmom
11-22-2013, 05:19 PM
I've been listening to Broadway soundtracks lately. Right now it's "Bianca" (from Kiss Me Kate). I love Cole Porter's lyrics-- "I would gladly give up coffee for Sanka / Bianca, my darling, for you" Also "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" (from Pal Joey) with Lorenz Hart's grown-up, clever lyrics-- "I'll sing to him, each spring to him / And worship the trousers that cling to him"

Karen
11-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Okay, since watching Glee late last night, Billy Joel's "Innocent Man" has been running through my head.

redbird
11-25-2013, 02:32 PM
I watch Jeopardy every night so guess what song sometimes sticks with me even after I get in bed. Yep it's the jingle they play on Final Jeopardy, If you've ever watched this show, you know what I am referring to.

Karen
12-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Two song alternating in my head right now, "Need a Little Christmas," and "Wreck of the Day ..."

smokey the elder
12-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Interesting combination!

Karen
12-07-2013, 01:26 PM
The world is so lucky it doesn't need to hear my internal soundtrack - now it is: "How can I keep from Singing?"

cassiesmom
12-18-2014, 04:52 PM
At the moment I'm stuck with a very annoying radio jingle for a local car dealership.

Karen
12-18-2014, 08:18 PM
At the moment I'm stuck with a very annoying radio jingle for a local car dealership.

Oh, yuck! Someone did his or her job to make it "catchy!" - my sympathies! I'd so much rather have Christmas carols!

cassiesmom
01-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes - Edison Lighthouse (a one-hit wonder) Heard it on the radio this morning and now I can't get rid of it.

Karen
01-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes - Edison Lighthouse (a one-hit wonder) Heard it on the radio this morning and now I can't get rid of it.

Never heard it, and I am so not going to Google it, just in case!

My current song (there's always one going through my head, I guess other people are not as blessed, which is why iPods and earbuds are so popular!) is "I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, which is nice, and sweet so I don't mind if it lingers a bit!

Vette
01-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Juliet - Royal Wood

certain lyrics from that song
sad/bitter sweet though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnAmDZ4wBZc

phesina
01-18-2015, 02:56 PM
"Kansas City," The New Basement Tapes

cassiesmom
01-20-2015, 04:47 PM
"Blue Monday" - Huey Lewis and the News (cover version of Fats Domino)

cassiesmom
01-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Michael Penn, "No Myth" (What if I was Romeo in black jeans...)

I heard it on the radio one time. One. Time. Now it is stuck in my head.

phesina
01-30-2015, 03:07 PM
"Soft kitty,
Warm kitty,
Little ball of fur.
Happy kitty,
Sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr!"

Karen
01-30-2015, 06:04 PM
I wanna live so (live so) God can use me" is running through my head now for a while. It's an old song that you substitute different things for the word live - so
work so
pray so
sing so, etc. etc.!

phesina
01-31-2015, 07:32 AM
Oh, that's a nice song, Karen. I never heard of that one before.

Vette
02-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Hurricane - 30 Seconds To Mars

smokey the elder
02-06-2015, 02:11 PM
I had"All about the Bass" by Meg Trainor as a persistent earworm while I was making samples this morning!!:D

Karen
02-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Okay, dunno why but "The Bulldog on the Bank and the Bullfrog in the Pool" is now running through my head!