PDA

View Full Version : Considering the iPhone, but.. question! Need help..

CountryWolf07
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I have a Android, the Samsung Fascinate. I've been having so many issues with it the last 6 months and I've just put up with it.. so basically, I don't like the phone. So, the Fascinate doesn't have a front facing camera. You can video call someone using Skype; however, the person you are talking to will not be able to see you. I heard that if you call someone with a iPhone, you can see him/her, but that person can't see you, but you both can hear each other, just like a regular phone call conversation.

But here's the thing, I'm deaf but I can hear with a cochlear implant. Thing is, I don't do phone calls. I just love the Face time capabilities on the iPhone. I would like to be able to call people and talk to them face to face rather than second guessing on the phone.. with the Face time, everything apple-related, like the iPod touch/iPad, and Macs - they all can integerate with the iPhone - anyone can call me from the phone to the computer, I could do the computer to the phone.. even call my boyfriend through it or anyone, really that has the iPhone/any Apple product..

Verizon doesn't offer a deaf plan, but charges more on whatever the monthly payment is. While the AT&T offers that, so I'm just weighing out my options here. AT&T offers the deaf plan, while Verizon does not - should I just make a switch and get a iPhone with the AT&T plan?

Any help would be great.. thinking about switching out phones and getting off the family plan (which my parents would like to me to, and I'm starting to get ready to look at houses, etc. with Mike, things like that, so it's just about time to move on...)

Puckstop31
06-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Sending you a PM. :)

CountryWolf07
06-21-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm surprised no one but Puckstop31 to respond this. No one has a iPhone? No opinions on what they think of it, their favorite thing about it? I find that hard to believe here. C'mon people! ;)

Karen
06-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Paul has an iPhone, and we love it as the Internet is available anywhere, but we don't really use the Facetime applications, which is why I didn't reply.

AdoreMyDogs
06-21-2011, 11:05 PM
In my opinion it's the coolest phone ever created. My husband works for at&t so we got really good deals on ours, and we all love them. Even my daughter loves it (my son is too young to be trusted with it yet). I love facetime, I love the speed, I love the "multi-tasking" feature, I love the camera, I love the multitude of apps. It's a wonderful phone and I couldn't speak more highly of it. I hope you are as happy with it as we are if you decide to go with at&t iphone.

CountryWolf07
06-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Decided to go with the iPhone.. :) So I'll be getting that in September sometime! Can't wait.