PDA

View Full Version : Your animals or your husband? msg

TopSpoT
11-05-2002, 12:53 PM
Just a poll type question.

If your husband said get rid of the dogs or I'm leaving, what would you do?

This should get some interesting responses.

ramanth
11-05-2002, 12:58 PM
One if he said that.. he wouldn't be my husband in the first place. :p

And Two, if he did say that, I'd help him pack. ;) :D

aly
11-05-2002, 01:13 PM
I gotta agree there! I would never marry someone who would give me that kind of ultimatum... but if he did I'd tell him not to let the door hit him on his way out!!!!

Uabassoon
11-05-2002, 01:19 PM
I'd have to say well, it was nice knowing you. My friends make fun of me because I REFUSE to even date anyone that is allergic to cats. If it ever came to point where the relationship got serious it wouldn't work out anyways because I'm never getting rid of my cats.

TheAntiPam
11-05-2002, 01:37 PM
If someone gave me that ultimatum, I'd head for a marriage counselor - something is seriously wrong, and it isn't really about the animals!

I always wondered what happened in the following...
http://flashpages.prodigy.net/pamster/_uimages/freetoagoodhome.jpg

TopSpoT
11-05-2002, 01:47 PM
Thats hilarious!! I remember that!!! Heheheh I wonder what happened also... :)

Karen
11-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Thankfully, Paul, whom you all know is the co-founder of Pet Talk, would never ask that question! :) However, if I somehow ended up married to someone who would (brains scrambled by aliens or something) I'd convince him they could both stay! If it was a question of allergies, well, there are shots for that!

Tina
11-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Actually to tell the truth Rob has actually told me to get rid of the animals couple of times. I told him no way. But he has never said he is going to leave. Just last night he said he wished he didn't have no animals. Well if he really feels that way then why is he sticking around?? I love my husband but I never will give up my pets.

anna_66
11-05-2002, 02:01 PM
Of course, Mark would NEVER say anything like that, and if he was like that I would have never married him in the first place:D

Logan
11-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by TheAntiPam
If someone gave me that ultimatum, I'd head for a marriage counselor - something is seriously wrong, and it isn't really about the animals!

I totally agree!

Andie
11-05-2002, 03:29 PM
If Dustin ever told me that, I'd tell him not to let the door hit him on the way out. I come with the dog (and the cat) so either learn to love the dog or we weren't meant to be.

11-05-2002, 03:29 PM
same answer here : my hubby would never put this ultimatum in the first place !!!!:eek:

Dakota's Mommy
11-05-2002, 04:10 PM
I agree w/ most people on here, I would want marriage counseling unless it was due to something like allergies! However, I am very lucky to have a husband who loves dogs just as much as I do and who thinks of them as our babies like I do!

Kfamr
11-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Even though I'm not married [ I'm only 14!!!] lol.... If someone i was with EVER said that and the supposedly "love" me, The would understand how much my animals mean to me, and how upset i'd be without them so if they did say they would leav if the animals did not, the obviously didn't love me in the first place.

Cookiebaker
11-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Hmmmm...when Mark & I started going together, I posed the pet question early on in our relationship. His response? "Umm errr, I kind of like cats, but I never would consider having one." Be still my pounding head! He loved my Azure bird, and he took care of his neighbor's cat (they were so cute together!) and I felt that it would take some persuasion and time. However, I also felt that I had gotten along fine without any pets my entire life, and I really loved Mark, so it was worth it even if he said no. Now we have a dog, a cat, 2 birds, a fish, and we are working on a bunny...and he loves them all just as much as I do. So you could say that I have the best of both worlds.

Aspen and Misty
11-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
One if he said that.. he wouldn't be my husband in the first place. :p

And Two, if he did say that, I'd help him pack. ;) :D

Same here

mugsy
11-05-2002, 06:51 PM
First of all, Mike is as big of a sucker as I am, so it's not a problem....however....I'd say don't let the door hit you on the way out!

shais_mom
11-05-2002, 10:27 PM
I would have to agree with a everyone here.
But b/c of men/people like this that is how I got my little beloved Kylie, so that is a good thing.
But I would say "And where would you like me to send your mail?" :D

sammi
11-05-2002, 11:43 PM
Good post! I don't think my husband could say that with a straight face:p !!! No he would never ask that question - he would know what the answer would be. He has said many times that I treat the dog better than him.LOL When the dogs do something wrong he says I talk baby talk to them and if it's him he gets yelled at!

Crikit
11-06-2002, 12:14 AM
Considering the dogs were here first, if that ever happened to me it would be a no brainer. Dogs stay guy goes.

wolf_Q
11-06-2002, 12:36 AM
Well I'm not married....but....

If somebody *did* want to marry me, the dog comes as part of the deal. My mom keeps saying "What are you going to do with Nebo if you want to get married and move out?" My answer is: "If my husband loves me, he'll find a place that allows dogs." LOL.

COCatMama
11-06-2002, 08:47 AM
I am not married either, but if my bf said that to me....well it's his house so I'd take Juneau and split :)

robinh
11-06-2002, 09:15 AM
When I first met my DB, he said my dogs are my family. Love me, love them. I did and still do. Cannot imagine my life without him or the babies. :D

In fact, as each baby goes to the Rainbow Bridge, we've brought another one into the family-not to replace but to add to it. We both think it has enriched our lives (of course, he really thinks our life is RICH now-since I brought the Yorkie, Molly home). He did tell me NO MORE - at least right now! :)

Corinna
11-06-2002, 09:37 AM
This is an easy one for me. I was the pet collecter now my husband and son are!!!!I have to put my foot down or we would be starving as the pets eat well. Tim had only had cats before meeting me, now we have had quite the varity of critters Thank goodness we rnt and live in town. @cats,2 dogs and 2 rabbits are the max. (no disrespect to those of you with more I just know us and our budget) I have had lots before(the angora affair 35 of then and 25 checkered gaint rabbits,3 large dogs,2 cats and ahorse on 10 acres) But a 19 year old boy eats as much as that buch so he gets fed and we wait for more furry family members.

monaliesa
11-06-2002, 02:28 PM
That would never ever happen with us...but he couldn't say 'the dogs or me' because we adopted them together...and Riely is totally like HIS dog almost...so if ANYTHING...he'd take her...and I'd take Buddha...

my fiance and I actually got both of our doggies on our anniversaryies (Riely for 1 year anniversary, Buddha for 2 year anniversary)...

They're the best present in the world...Jason is a TOTAL sucker for Riely...total daddys girl...i swear he's more affectionate with her than with me...

and Buddha is my little boy...

our house is definitely full...and we probably wont be getting another doggie anytime in the near future...but it would never come to that...

shais_mom
11-06-2002, 11:36 PM
i just love this thread!lol!!
i love the "i would help him pack attitude!!" ;)

Dixieland Dancer
11-07-2002, 05:07 AM
My motto - Love me Love my dogs. If you don't then your not welcome in my home! My dogs have helped mold me into the person I am so I can't imagine anyone falling in love with me that didn't LOVE dogs!

On the other hand I had to learn to Love cats because my husband is a cat lover! Marriage is a give and take kind of relationship and if they don't give then I would stay away! I didn't realize though that I would be the sole kitty litter cleaner! LOL ;)

Cincy'sMom
11-07-2002, 07:02 AM
I can't imagine Ralph ever making that kind of ultimadum...we both joke if we have kids and they have allergies, or don't like dogs, The kids go!

We got Oreo when I was 14. my mom and I both wanted to get another dog, but my dad said if we did he was moving out. Well, we never tested it and now that all three kids are out of the house, my parents have 4! And there has been a time or two when my two have stayed there, HE said they weren't letting us have them back :)

HoneyBunny
11-07-2002, 07:59 AM
That would never happen in my house either since we adopted Susie together, and he's a bigger sucker for animals than I am. But if you want an honest answer, I'd choose my husband. Sorry guys, but I have to be honest... I am more devoted to him than Susie. But she's definitely a close second in my devotion book, and I would find her the best home ever... probably his parents house. Ha, ha! Hope this answer doesn't upset anyone.

COCatMama
11-07-2002, 08:41 AM
You're entitled your opinion HB, but if your husband was so quick to get rid of your furry family members, how is he going to treat you?

Think about it :)

Sudilar
11-07-2002, 09:47 AM
Killian and Shiloh are just the other "two kids". The two that behave!!! LOL Hubby loves em just as much as I do and so do the other two skin kids. The ones that don't always behave!! Hahaha.

lovemyshiba
11-07-2002, 09:50 AM
NEVER NEVER NEVER happen!!!
Kito is our dog, we adopted him together one month before our wedding. The first time we went out, he told me about the 2 rottweilers he had before he moved, and how much he missed them--I knew wanting dogs wouldn't be a problem!!! His rottys are in good hands with a friend back home, and we visit them when we go there.
He's also really pushing for another dog, and he is the one who tracked Kito down in the first place.

On the other hand, if we were to split up, I get custody of him--no question

TopSpoT
11-07-2002, 10:47 AM
My husband can't stand our dogs!!! So I thought I would start this thread.....

YEAH RIGHT!

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/9152AUT_1557-med.JPG

trisha0503
11-07-2002, 10:55 AM
Topspot :)

LOL!!!:D :D This is so funny!!! :D But, wait, am I missing something??? Where's the TV remote control ? :p

Your furbabies are so cute !! :)

TopSpoT
11-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Thanks.. the remote is buried inbetween the spots!! :)

shais_mom
11-07-2002, 11:40 AM
that is the cutest picture!!! If I ever find someone special he would have to also take care of my babies like I do and that means taking her out on a leash and not letting her run around off leash in town so she can get hit. Its called R-E-S-P-E-C-T.!!!!!:p

iceyshiver21
11-07-2002, 12:12 PM
id say deal with it, my moms allergic to cats and i have a few of them she lets me keep them because she knows i love them and its a reson for her to get out of the house and go shopping or work in her favorite gardens.

Cincy'sMom
11-07-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by TopSpoT
My husband can't stand our dogs!!! So I thought I would start this thread.....

YEAH RIGHT!

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/9152AUT_1557-med.JPG

The look just miserable! Why do you torture the poor guy? LOL!!!

TopSpoT
11-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Hehehe doggie torture is the best torture around. I know, I'm letting him off too easy!

Sudilar
11-07-2002, 02:58 PM
Love it!!!!! :D

Cincy'sMom
11-07-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by TopSpoT
Hehehe doggie torture is the best torture around. I know, I'm letting him off too easy!

yeah you are...maybe if you added one or two more spotty dogs :)

You are dogs are gorgeous! I absolutley love dalmations!!!

Kfamr
11-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
My answer is: "If my husband loves me, he'll find a place that allows dogs." LOL.

Well of course!! He;d have ta bring YOU! hahaha Just kiddin ya Amy!

K9karen
11-08-2002, 09:10 AM
SUPER pix TopSpot!!! Shame on you for not spoling those pups!!! :D :D I hesitated replying to this post cause I wanted to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me..... Cody is not too friendly with strangers. Repairmen and delivery men are off limits. So when he first met my boyfriend, I thought he'd go nuts, but instead, he just wiggled that butt and wagged his tail and whined and kissed him. Of course Cody ran next to me and rubbed his head against my leg and looked up as if to make sure that greeting was OK. He even allowed John to rub his head and face!! Now he's a bit jealous (Cody that is) and just pesters us to pieces and will nose between us if we even dare to hug or stand side by side!! So, That's MY BOY! Lucky, lucky me....John knows he's 2nd string =that's just the way it is. Honestly, I was going to judge our future by Cody's first reaction so this just may be IT! I tell him if he's good enough for Cody, he must be good enough for me!!

Stenograsaurus
11-08-2002, 11:49 AM
I was actually placed in a situation similar to this about two years ago. I had found a stray and had taken her to the Humane Society. I checked on her every weekend. I was listed as a last resort (call me before they put her down). Well, she was obviously stressed out in there. She wasn't gaining weight and was in really bad shape, very sick and malnourished. I told my husband I was going to go check on her. He told me numerous times not to bring her home. He told me on one occasion that he'd divorce me. So I went to the Humane Society that weekend and they asked if I got their call. They said they called during the week. The dog was scheduled to be put down but one lady there said hold on until after the weekend because this lady always checks on her on the weekends. Well, I immediately brought her home. My husband just shook his head and said I can't believe you brought her home. I looked at him and said, well, if you're willing to leave me and throw all this away over a dog, then this marriage is a joke anyway. He smiled and said you're right. I guess I better go get a new bowl, huh? I guess he was just testing me and he lost.
By the way, the dog in this story is my sweet Patience.

ramanth
11-08-2002, 12:02 PM
Top Spot, I love that pic! :D Sooo cute!

Originally posted by K9karen
Now he's a bit jealous (Cody that is) and just pesters us to pieces and will nose between us if we even dare to hug or stand side by side!! So, That's MY BOY! Lucky, lucky me....John knows he's 2nd string =that's just the way it is.

Karen, I know just how you feel. :D Kia gets very jealous if Andy and I hug or sit next to each other. She is the doggy chaperone and will quickly try to squeeze between us. Kia even gets first dibs to all the attention when Andy first arrives, THEN I get to have a short hug. :p :rolleyes: :D

lizbud
11-08-2002, 02:13 PM
Steno,

Great story !!!:)

tatsxxx11
11-08-2002, 02:28 PM
Since childhood, animals have always been a huge part of my life. There's no way any guy who DIDN'T love animals would have even bothered with me in the first place!:D

Ever make one of those lists when you were a teenager??...."The guy I marry will....." Well, tops on my list was "will be an animal lover!" And I didn't mean just tolerate them either! I remember one winter night when I was feeling miserable with a cold. It was late, about 10pm. We were out of cold medicine and I was dying for some O.J. I asked my husband if he would go to the store for me and pick up some things. "Oh, you'll be fine until tomorrow!" Hah! BUT, one night a few weeks later, when he noticed that one of the senior kitties was out of her favorite FLAVOR of canned food, off he went in a flash!!:) I'll keep him!

Pam
11-08-2002, 07:06 PM
My husband has always loved all of our pets as much as I do. He was a little leary of Trevor in the beginning because neither of us had ever had a cat as a pet and I think he was worried about what was in store for us. :) Now he refers to him as his little buddy (which in itself is a laugh...the little part!). I knew before we had skinkids that he would be a good daddy because of what a good daddy he was to our furkids.