PDA

View Full Version : Going Home

moosmom
11-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Hi everybody!

I've been VERY homesick the past few days, so I am going home to Connecticut for the weekend. I'm leaving Friday, November 22 after work and coming back very late Sunday night. I do love Michigan but miss my daughter and friends. I'm having a friend come in a look in on my cats.

Part of me kind of wonders if I did the right thing moving here. I hate my job. There aren't many prospects of employment out there. I don't know. I guess I'm just venting. Thanks for listening guys! :(

lynnestankard
11-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Oh Donna - have a wonderful trip home - this may be make or break then? Just enjoy your trip and have fun {{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Love Lynne xxx

ramanth
11-05-2002, 12:50 PM
Poor Moosmom.

I know how you feel. I only moved to a different city and I miss my parents.

Blame the hardtimes on the economy and vent away!

HUGS

NoahsMommy
11-05-2002, 01:10 PM
Moosmom,

I'm sorry you are unhappy where you are at. I remember you moving, but I am unsure if it was for this job you have now. Is there anyway you can find a new one? Could you move back if you wanted?

I hope you have a wonderful time going home for a visit.

jenluckenbach
11-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Hoping that you have a great trip. I say if you are unhappy, maybe moving back might be something to consider. I know several people that moved away only to deside to return. There is something special about "HOME".

Miss Meow
11-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Donna, I hated the job I just left too. What helped pick me up was actively searching for another job so in my mind I knew that the crappy job was only temporary and serving a purpose until I found something better. (We are now moving interstate so plan A was trashed of course, but it helped!)

In Australia the job market winds down from mid November to early January, my guess is that it's similar in the USA. Maybe you can use this time to research companies, jobs, recruitment agencies etc for a huge start to the new year when things pick up a bit.

It's natural to miss friends, family and your old life. Maybe you're still adjusting to your new life and putting all the pieces together. I hope you have a good time in Connecticut and you feel a bit better about things. Maybe you'll make the decision to either stay or return back home.

Come and vent here whenever you like :)

moosmom
11-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Thank you guys so much for your support. I was talking to my friend in Connecticut. She said that when she made a big move, it took her over a year to finally feel settled and "at home". I have a feeling this whole homesickness has alot to do with the crappy job I have and the fact that I haven't met very many new people in town. I'm hoping it'll change once I go to the first HEADS meeting next week. Actually I'm helping them with a fund raiser on Saturday at PetSmart so it might be sooner than I think.

For me to move back to Connecticut would be very expensive. I love the apartment I have here and it's so reasonable. The landlord is wonderful about my cats too. So that's a plus. Maybe it's just too soon to say whether it was the right move or not. I have a tendency to do things on impulse. I've always been that way. But this was not something that I did on impulse. I gave it alot of thought. And I have been thinking that the crappy job IS temporary. I hope something comes along soon.

Thanks for listening. It's nice to know that I have tons of friends on this site. You're the best!!!

(((hugs)))

toughCookie
11-05-2002, 07:38 PM
well by going there, it might help you think about if you want to move back...? anyway, have a great trip!

sammi
11-05-2002, 10:57 PM
A trip home might just be the only thing you need. The comfort and relaxing at home can give you a new improved outlook on life! You always got your friends right here when ever you need someone.. ..somebodys always up around here!;)

moosmom
11-06-2002, 02:59 AM
Thanks Sammi and T.C.! :D

11-06-2002, 04:07 AM
HI Donna !! Sorry to hear about you feeling lonely . It is quite normal to feel that way ; it takes a while to feel at home in another place . Going back for a visit will load up the batteries , so enjoy it as much as possible :) !
Once you are back , try to find another job that is better suited for you ; no need to hurry , this is the best . Take yout time for it , and in the meanwhile , enjoy your new neighbourhood , your cats , .. ; and vent as much as you need !! We are all ready here to help you !! You may always pm me or e-mail ; I am a blabbermouth and a good listener ;) So , good luck Donna !!!

http://w1.501.telia.com/~u50108667/aniswing.gif

anna_66
11-06-2002, 06:46 AM
I'm sorry your feeling homesick. Like everyone else has said, going back for a visit will recharge you, make things not look so dim. And maybe finding a new job is just what you need to make you move worth it:) Have a wonderful trip!
Anna