PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to fail as a foster mom - sort of (new pics post 36)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2011, 04:43 PM
:love:After much thought and weighing the pros and cons, I'm going to bring the little white baby inside tonight. I've named him, Frankie, because of his big blue eyes.

I love all the babies, but he has just walked into my heart. I worry about him at all times outside. Mainly because he has bonded with me where the other two haven't so much.

I think he may not hear as well as he should too. And he walks right up to dogs he's never met and doesn't seem to hear mowers until they are really close to him.

I hate to take him away from his bros but he will have plenty of bros in here when they get used to each other.

He will need to stay in the bathroom most of the time until I get him in for his shots and check up. Hopefully I can get that done Monday.

I'd love to have the other two too. The orangie does allow me to pick him up and cuddle him from time to time. Not often. The tuxie wants nothing to do with me unless I'm feeding him.

So, I'll start with Frankie and see how he and the others get along.

Please, keep all fingers crossed and pray for us all, ok?:love:

Freedom
06-18-2011, 04:48 PM
You could be right as often, all white and deaf do go together. And if he is deaf, he won't have much survival outside.

Good luck, and post some pics!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2011, 05:11 PM
He's not really all white. He looks like a baby meezer. Never seen one in the neighborhood so have no clue as to where his father is.

Here is an older pic of him. He's got more brown on him now.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_000_7599.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/?action=view&current=000_7599.jpg)

I'll post a new pic as soon as I can. :love:

Karen
06-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Awww, what a cutie! You are not "failing" as a foster mom, you're just becoming a good. Once he is in and acclimated, perhaps you could bring the other two in together, get them ti the vets and put them up for adoption, especially as the orange dude you said does now allow you to pick him up, so that's a good sign for future socialization!

chocolatepuppy
06-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Oh my gosh, what a cutie!:love: Best of luck and prayers that this works out.:)

kuhio98
06-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed. :D
Please don't forget my offer to help with neutering expenses.

Have you located a low cost spay/neuter clinic near you?

katladyd
06-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh, he is just too adorable to leave outside! There are so many of us on here that have more cats in our homes than living space. It all seems to work itself out, though. I would do the same thing, Frankie is just too cute!:love::D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2011, 06:34 PM
He's bewildered but not frightened. Not even at all the sniffs at his tail that he had poked under the bathroom door. The hisses coming from the other side don't bother him either. His eyes aren't really red. My bathroom is so small I was pretty close to him the the ceiling light was just over his head. :love:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7613.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7612.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7614.jpg

mrspunkysmom
06-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Oh, he's so cute, and I'm glad he's indoors now. I thought he looked like a Meezer, too. Have you checked into Meezer rescues in Kansas?

momoffuzzyfaces
06-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh, he's so cute, and I'm glad he's indoors now. I thought he looked like a Meezer, too. Have you checked into Meezer rescues in Kansas?

Nope, as far as I'm concerned this Meezer has already been rescued unless they can't learn to get along. :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm so glad to be reading this wonderful news.:D He's so adorable and since he's already bonded with you and is so trusting to everything, I think you've made the right decision to bring him inside and adopt him.:) I hope that he receives a clean bill of health and that your other cats will learn to get along with him. Good luck.:)

Do you think that your vets would give you a discount if you could have all 3 kittens neutered at the same time? Like the last time, I'd be happy to contribute to the cost. Would the mother cat allow you to put her in a carrier so she can also get spayed?

mrspunkysmom
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Nope, as far as I'm concerned this Meezer has already been rescued unless they can't learn to get along. :D

All Right! Now get along guys. :D

cassiesmom
06-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm so glad to be reading this wonderful news.:D He's so adorable and since he's already bonded with you and is so trusting to everything, I think you've made the right decision to bring him inside and adopt him.:) I hope that he receives a clean bill of health and that your other cats will learn to get along with him. Good luck.:)

Agree agree agree agree agree! I was wondering if your vet would offer you a discount since you're already established in the practice with your other cats. Somewhere else in this thread I read about contributions to the cost/help with expenses, and I will too if that is needed. He's just so adorable!

Grace
06-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Somewhere else in this thread I read about contributions to the cost/help with expenses, and I will too if that is needed.

Add me to this list :)

Pinot's Mom
06-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Add me to this list :)

Ditto...

And how could you NOT adopt that cutie?? Hi Frankie, and welcome to PT!!:love:

Medusa
06-19-2011, 06:59 AM
I can recall a rescue that I placed for adoption and the new person swore the kitten was deaf. As it turns out, she had the worst case of ear mites that the vet had ever seen. I had already taken her to the vet for her shots, etc. and nothing was ever said about ear mites. (The vet wasn't my regular vet. Long story.) Once the ear mite issue was taken care of, the hearing problem went away.

Congrats on your new family member. He's a cutie. He looks like my Coco Puff did when he was a youngun. :)

Vermontcat
06-19-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm so happy to hear that you are going to take the little Meezer baby Frankie in to your home.:)
You will be amazed at how wonderful it is to have a Meezer in your home, they are so loving and social and love to cuddle.
Even if his father didn't look like a Meezer there is some Siamese somewhere in his family tree, it may have skipped a generation.
I hope the introductions go well and that he checks out just fine at the vets.:)

Queen of Poop
06-19-2011, 01:10 PM
You're not failing, you're just doing what we've been hoping and praying for all along!! Congrats on the new addition, he's simply adorable. Can't wait to see the other two join him!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Well, we made it though the night. Every one did fine, just a few stiffs and hisses at Frankie under the bathroom door.

Then a storm moved though. When I went to check on everyone and feed them breakfast, the big cats were hitting at eaching other and hissing at everything. They've gone through tons of storms in the kitchen. Must have been because they knew Frankie was in the bathroom right beside their room.

I could not keep the big cats in the kitchen. After they ate, none of them would stay in there. Chester even hissed at me and tried to bite me. :rolleyes:

They seem to have calmed down now. Must have been the storm and too much new at the same time. They even hissed at the carrier I put in the front room to take Frankie to the vet in. sheesh

I'm going to have to put Frankie in it for a bit later today while I take a shower. My bathroom is so small I can put one hand on the east wall and the other on the West wall at the same time. I may set him and his carrier in the bedroom for the tiny time I need to shower.

I'll cat the vet at 7:30 in the morning. I hope they can get him in tomorrow.
Please keep all finger crossed that everyone can learn to get a long sometime in the future. :love:

katladyd
06-19-2011, 02:14 PM
He looks a lot like Ming when he was a kitten! You just have to keep him! Ming is the sweetest, kindest, and gentlest, of all of my cats. (don't tell my other two, but he's the purtiest, too.):D

moosmom
06-20-2011, 07:25 AM
OMG!! A baby meezer!!! Thank you for taking him in. Don't worry. I've failed miserably at fostering. Ask my 7.

A Sphynx owner friend of mine has a beautiful white Sphynx with stunning blue eyes like Frankie. She named him Sinatra!!!!

Congrats on failing miserably!!! Have a wonderful life, Frankie!!! Don't forget pictures, please!!!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Yep, Frank Sinatra is who Frankie is named after too. Funny I usually have trouble deciding on names. I knew he was Frankie from the first time I saw those baby blues. I was sort of waiting to see if they changed color. They didn't.

We are off to the vet for his check up and shots this morning at 11. Fingers crossed for us, please? :love:

I think Chip is starting to crack in his opinion of Frankie. He has started playing pawsies with him under the bathroom door, hissing all the time but still having fun. :D

Taz_Zoee
06-20-2011, 09:51 AM
This just brightens up my Monday morning. :D I'm so happy Frankie is now inside and on his way to see the white coats.
I am also hoping the other two will come around and let you take them in......to at least get them checked and neutered. :)

Catty1
06-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Maybe this is just what Chip needs - a kitten brother to work off his energy!:D

Good luck at the vet's, Frankie!:love::love:

smokey the elder
06-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Frankie is adorable!

Randi
06-20-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm glad the pros outweighed the cons and you took him in. :)

Frankie is a real cutie and it's good to know he's safe now. Hope you can get his brothers' too, at least for a while, until you can find homes for them. I'm in love with that orangie.

Fister and I are keeping our paws and fingers crossed for a good vet visit. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-20-2011, 12:24 PM
We are home!!!

Frankie didn't much care for his first bus ride. He yelled all the way there and back. :D In fact, he pulled a joke on one rider. We stopped to pick up a guy on his way to work. Frankie was quiet until we went a few blocks, then started meowing again. The guy finally asked the driver if we had a cat on the bus. He thought the driver was pulling a joke on him some how. He couldn't see Frankie because Frankie was in his carrier in the cargo part of the bus. :D

Frankie wowed them at the vet. He weights 2.8 pounds. He didn't care much for the cotton swab used for the worm check or the thermometer. :( He loved the kitty treat he got though.

When the vet came in, he bounced out of his carrier, looked at her, stood on his hind legs and boxed with her. She said I'm going to have trouble with that one. He's going to be a handful. She has one just like him at home.

He got treated for fleas, and wormed and some med for respitory infection. She checked his ears, no mites or any reason she could tell he may have hearing problems. She thought maybe he has 'selective hearing'. We will see.

He goes back July 18th for his booster and rabies shots. Then we can do his neutering any time after that.

We thank you for all the support and luvies.
:love::love:

lvpets2002
06-20-2011, 12:34 PM
:love: OMG how did I miss this.. Way to go Connie.. Congrats on taking in Frankie.. Yes he for sure has Siamese && I would say he is a chocolate point.. He is for sure a wittle cutie pie.. Congrats on your new loving home Frankie

Barbara
06-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Aaawwwww- what a wonderful failure! How could you not take Frankie in?
Selective hearing- that gets me laughing. Good to hear he is ok and a handful and his own adorable self:love:

cassiesmom
06-20-2011, 01:58 PM
*slam* *thud* Sorry, that was just me falling over due to cuteness! What a darling widdle one! Hello, Frankie!

(My sister's RB meezer-mix was Poco Frank-- he got his middle name from Sinatra because he had such blue eyes :) )

Anikaca77
06-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh My Goodness, Frankie is SOOOO CUTE! I haven't read the whole thread just yet, but I hope to see other photos of his siblings.

Melissa

slick
06-20-2011, 03:15 PM
What is the name and location of your vet???? :love:

pomtzu
06-20-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm so happy that Frankie now has a furever home. I was trying to figure a way to get him to DE! :)
My oldest RB Meezer was named Ming Blu. Funny how so many of us just have to get in some kind of reference to those gorgeous eyes. :D

katladyd
06-20-2011, 11:51 PM
It's the blue eyes that reel you in. The first time I saw Ming, he was in a large cage at the pet store with his litter mates. He had the biggest bluest eyes I had ever seen on a cat. I went in for a scratching post and came out with a cat! I've never regretted it and neither will you! Give that little guy loves from me.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-21-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm glad to hear that things went well at the vet and I hope that his next vet visits will also go well.:)

Many of you already know that I adopted Sky when I was at a cat show. I wasn't planning on adopting another cat at all but his big blue eyes and his personality caught my attention. When the Humane Society volunteer asked if I wanted to hold him, I knew that I wouldn't be able to let him go. His name was Herman but became Sky because of his sky blue eyes. He's also my first blue eyed furkid.:) I hope you'll be able to enjoy Frankie for many many years to come.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-21-2011, 11:20 AM
As you can see, he is having an awful time adjusting: :D
(the big kids were shut in the kitchen so he could have some play time.)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7620.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7617.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7615.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7622.jpg

BarbIvey
06-21-2011, 12:04 PM
He is just adorable !!! :love:

Catty1
06-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Squee! What a sweetheart! :love::love::love:

Anikaca77
06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Oh my goodness, so cute! Are his sibilings still outside?

melissa

dehlers43
06-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Dang - what a cutie patootie!

mrspunkysmom
06-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Oh, he is so cute!

katladyd
06-21-2011, 01:19 PM
*THUNK!* Must.Get.Up.Overcome.By.Cuteness!:D

kuhio98
06-21-2011, 01:41 PM
He's just adorable!

I really, really hope you have luck trapping his mom and brothers and get them spayed/neutered so no more kitties show up on your porch.

jennielynn1970
06-21-2011, 02:49 PM
What a cutie!!!

I also noticed there are now 3 open spots on your siggie for other failed fosters.... :eek::p

cassiesmom
06-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh my goodness, so cute! Are his sibilings still outside?

melissa

What a darling! I love his darker paws and ears! MoFF, is the mommy kitty still around?

momoffuzzyfaces
06-21-2011, 04:15 PM
What a darling! I love his darker paws and ears! MoFF, is the mommy kitty still around?

Oh, yes, Mommy kitty and the other two babies are still around. I actually got to hold the babies for a bit this morning. Then they took off chasing bugs. Mommy won't let me get with in petting distance of her. :love:

I know there are two empty spaces on my siggy but no more room in the house. Chuck tried to bite me this afternoon he was so mad because Frankie was in the front room in a carrier. He wasn't even in any carrier any of the other cats had ever been in.

I was surprised because Chuck has always been the mellow one of the bunch. :love:

Freedom
06-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Oh my goodness, what a sweetie pie! Hope all checks out well w/ the vet. Will be fun watching his kitty antics, ha haaa.

krazyaboutkatz
06-22-2011, 12:19 AM
He's just adorable!

I really, really hope you have luck trapping his mom and brothers and get them spayed/neutered so no more kitties show up on your porch.

I do too. Frankie is too cute and I bet he'll be able to get away with anything.;) Chuck is most likely just jealous because now you have a new little baby boy so he and Chip won't be the babies any more. I've been through this scenario many times.;)

GILL
06-22-2011, 08:24 AM
I know what you are going through with the blue eyes. I'm a sucker for green. I have 2 with green eyes. Penny my California cat and Olive. But none have the bright green of my angel Patches.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Frankie and Angel had their first meet and greet this morning.

I was gone for a while doing chores. Frankie was shut in the bathroom and Angel, Winnie, Chip, Chuck and Chester were shut into the kitchen. Can't let them roam the house when I'm not here. They get into too much trouble.

When I got home, Angel went into the middle/front room. I brought Frankie in for some play time. He can't stay in the tiny bathroom all the time. He needs to play and stretch his legs.

Angel came in a watched him having a grand time playing with the toys in the toy box. He just ignored her. and ignored her. and ignored her. Even in spite of all the hisses she tossed his way, he ignored her.

When he finally noticed her, he got on his tippy toes and bounched over for a 'hi ya'. She bonked him on the head and hissed. He just went off and started playing again.

She couldn't stand being ignored so stalked him all around the room. When he continued to ignore her, she finally went off and took a nap. :love:

Grace
06-22-2011, 01:14 PM
I love this - you gave me my best laugh of the day :)

Surest way to get Angel's attention - ignore her. Frankie sound like one cool cat, and you sure gave him the best name :D

cassiesmom
06-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Angel, you are so funny! Please don't hiss at your new baby brofur.

astrid
06-22-2011, 05:07 PM
What a cute-funny story :D
Like Grace said, Frankie sounds like a cool boy, he doesn't take anything seriously..

BTW, I love your siggy :love:

lizbud
06-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Frankie and Angel had their first meet and greet this morning.

I was gone for a while doing chores. Frankie was shut in the bathroom and Angel, Winnie, Chip, Chuck and Chester were shut into the kitchen. Can't let them roam the house when I'm not here. They get into too much trouble.

When I got home, Angel went into the middle/front room. I brought Frankie in for some play time. He can't stay in the tiny bathroom all the time. He needs to play and stretch his legs.

Angel came in a watched him having a grand time playing with the toys in the toy box. He just ignored her. and ignored her. and ignored her. Even in spite of all the hisses she tossed his way, he ignored her.

When he finally noticed her, he got on his tippy toes and bounched over for a 'hi ya'. She bonked him on the head and hissed. He just went off and started playing again.

She couldn't stand being ignored so stalked him all around the room. When he continued to ignore her, she finally went off and took a nap. :love:

:D:D Great story. Play it cool Frankie.:)

moosmom
06-23-2011, 07:01 AM
If you've never had a meezer before, you're in for a surprize!!! Something tells me that, given his "vocal" ride to the white coats, he's gonna have a LOT to say in the years to come. Enjoy it!

I love happy endings!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2011, 10:52 AM
If you've never had a meezer before, you're in for a surprize!!! Something tells me that, given his "vocal" ride to the white coats, he's gonna have a LOT to say in the years to come. Enjoy it!

I love happy endings!!!

At last Chester will have someone to talk to that understands 'cat'! :D

Frankie, met Chester and Chip this morning. Things went better than I expected. I had them and Angel here in the front room for a couple of hours together. There were a few hisses and Frankie chased Chip through the front room. Chester demonstrated how to play fetch for the youngsters.
I have pics. I'll post them later.
:love:

cheche
06-23-2011, 11:17 AM
What an adorable baby and so glad to hear that the others are coming around :D

Randi
06-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I love your stories! Frankie fits right in! What fun you'll have! :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Yes, Frankie seems to be a very easy going cat so he shouldn't have any problems fitting in with your other furkids.:) I can't wait to see some more pictures.:)

Catty1
06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
And if he IS deaf, he can't hear the hissing. ;) Sounds like things are going well. And Chip is getting chased! GOOD! Looking forward to the pics!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2011, 12:47 PM
These were taken this morning. Enjoy!

Frankie had his back up and was bouncing around Angel on his tip toes while Chip was wondering what was going on.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7635.jpg
Chip was trying to decide how close he wanted to get to the new comer.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7632.jpg
What are YOU doing up there? Angel asks.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7629.jpg
Chester shows the youngen' how to play fetch. I really need to get that boy a new lid to carry around. :D
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7636.jpg

cassiesmom
06-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Aww, Angel Rose and Chip! You were the youngest siblings once upon a time, too :love: :love:

And Chester -- you are athletic, smart and handsome! I love your shiny black coat!

phesina
06-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Oh, how sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

lizbud
06-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the pictures. They are so fun to watch the older ones figure out
what the newbie is all about.:D

katladyd
06-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Frankie seems to be fitting right in! He's got a great home, that's for sure!:D

krazyaboutkatz
06-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Great pictures. Frankie fits right in with your gang.:)

Vermontcat
06-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Frankie is so adorable, how could anyone not like him!:)
Keep posting more pictures, I love seeing him meeting his new siblings.
The look on Angel's face is so funny, what are you doing here?
You know you are going to have so much fun having a Meezer in the house, you will wonder why you never had one before.
Some people pay hundreds of dollars for a Meezer kitten, you were lucky enough to find one on your doorstep!
Please give Frankie some hugs and kisses from me.:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-27-2011, 03:23 PM
I have all the kids except Grandma in here with me right now. All is going pretty well. some head bonks and a few hisses but I really am surprised. Mostly if Frankie gets a bonk on the head, he just goes on about his business of playing.

This is the first time Winnie and Chuck have spent any time with Frankie. Chuckie has been seen playing with Frankie when he thinks I'm not looking:D

Chester and Frankie
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7638.jpg
Chester
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7637.jpg
Frankie snitched Chester's toy.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/000_7639.jpg

cassiesmom
06-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Awww, Chester! How cute of you to let little brofur play with your red tinsel toy! :love: You have three little brofurs now! Perhaps your mom will give you each one of these from me (and Grandma, Angel and Winnie too): *gentle kiss*.

phesina
06-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh, that's so cute, the way they work out their new interactions and dynamics...

lvpets2002
06-28-2011, 10:47 AM
:love: Aweee Frankie your just too Cute.. Boy Howdy the siamese is sure in your blood line.. All the babies are so Adorable..

Randi
06-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Frankie is a cute little fellow, and it looks like he is very friendly, too. Good to see how well they all get along. :)

Chester really likes to play fetch, doesn't he! :D

katladyd
06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Ming is mostly Siamese and he is my mellowest cat. The other two are still duking it out for Top Cat honors. It's been reduced to a hiss or growl now, no fur has flown in quite a while. I am sooo glad Frankie fits in and is so relaxed. There was no one smoother than Sinatra!:D

Husky_mom
07-01-2011, 11:13 PM
awwwwwww!!!!.. what a doll!!!

love his bubbly personality.. he could not care less.. he lives for playing.. awww..

I think I got lucky with Sheik (my meezer) lol.. he barely meows.. and when he does he sounds like if he lost his voice.. lol.. very funny.. but he´s a lot like Frankie.. he´s all love n chill..

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2011, 01:21 PM
awwwwwww!!!!.. what a doll!!!

love his bubbly personality.. he could not care less.. he lives for playing.. awww..

I think I got lucky with Sheik (my meezer) lol.. he barely meows.. and when he does he sounds like if he lost his voice.. lol.. very funny.. but he´s a lot like Frankie.. he´s all love n chill..

He's not very bubbly right now. :( When I took him in on the 13th for his first check up and shots, he had a respitory infection. He was on med for it for 7 days. After he was off of it for several days, I noticed his eyes were watering and his nose running again.

I called the vet yesterday. I thought she could refill his med or see him if she thought he needed it. We have a long holiday weekend. They won't be open until Tuesday and our bus won't run again until Wedensday. That means 4 days I can't get him help if he needs it.

She said she didn't need to see him and didn't give him any med except for some drops for his eyes. She wants to give his vaccinations a chance to kick in. She said as long as he's eating....

Well, he at a bit this morning but not much. He feels hot when I pick him up. He has played a bit but not his normal gung ho self at all.

So all I can do right now is pray. If something happens to him and she could have prevented it, I am gonna be one mad woman. :mad::love:

cassiesmom
07-02-2011, 02:38 PM
He's not very bubbly right now. :( When I took him in on the 13th for his first check up and shots, he had a respiratory infection. He was on med for it for 7 days. After he was off of it for several days, I noticed his eyes were watering and his nose running again.

I called the vet yesterday. I thought she could refill his med or see him if she thought he needed it. We have a long holiday weekend. They won't be open until Tuesday and our bus won't run again until Wedensday. That means 4 days I can't get him help if he needs it.

She said she didn't need to see him and didn't give him any med except for some drops for his eyes. She wants to give his vaccinations a chance to kick in. She said as long as he's eating....

Well, he ate a bit this morning but not much. He feels hot when I pick him up. He has played a bit but not his normal gung ho self at all.

So all I can do right now is pray. If something happens to him and she could have prevented it, I am gonna be one mad woman. :mad::love:

Uh oh! Big prayers for little Frankie!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2011, 03:09 PM
He just asked for a snack. That's a good sign. Of course he got one. :D

cassiesmom
07-02-2011, 03:24 PM
HI God ~

Prayer Pups here ... wiffa request fur HELP with little Frankie ...

He's having trouble wiffa runny eyes and nose ... needs some Eye Drops to help ... May be just a Bug or sumpin ... or a Kitten Kold ...

Please put Your skrubbies on and fly down to help him wiffa Gettin Over It Quick.

And be sure to give his MOM a big {{{God'sHug}}} to let her know that You're helpin out.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups
:love:

THANKS, Phred! --- elyse

Phred and Corinna... could you please murmur to God to help little Frankie get over whatever he's got. It's a long weekend, the veterinarian and public transportation aren't available, and his mum is worried.

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry to hear that baby Frankie isn't feeling well.:( I know that kittens immune systems are weaker than adult cats so maybe just the added stress of a new home and siblings has also caused some of this. I'm glad to hear that he's getting hungry again and I hope that his appetite continues to be good.:) Please try not to worry too much. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

lizbud
07-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Sorry to hear that Frankie seems to be under the weather.:(
Did you say that he has already had his vaccinations? Maybe that's what is making him
act a little tired out. I'm glad he wanted to eat a snack though.:)

phesina
07-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Prayers for little Frankie, over this long weekend...

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Mr. Frankie seems to feel better this morning. He ate a bit of breakfast, some Temptations treats later, then a spoonful of wet food about an hour ago.

He has also: learned how to get on top of the toilet, the card table in the kitchen, the old tv stand in the middle room so he can look out the window, and how to climb up their extra bags of kitty kibble to get on the third shelf of my book case. I grabbed him before he started kicking books off. He is beating even Chip's ornery record. He is in the kitchen with Winnie, Angel, and Chester right now. All that just this morning! :love:

He was a bit sneezing when he first woke up this morning though. phesina he did have his first shots. They were on June 13th. I'd think they would have kicked in by now but maybe not. :love:

katladyd
07-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Ahhh, the antics of a kitten! They are entertaining, aren't they? Yesterday, Kimba got on top of my tall refrigeraor via the stove and was playing with the large bag of Royal Canin Kitten food I keep up there. I was on the computer in the dining area and heard a noise; Kimba, the bag of food, and a box full of kitty treat pouches all came tumbling down to the floor. Kimba was fine, but embarrassed, the food was all over the floor but I got most of it back in the bag, and the box of treats was still in one piece. They sure keep you on your toes, don't they?:D

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm glad to hear that Frankie is eating and that he's exploring more. He must be feeling a bit better.:) I have to keep all of my cat food locked up in storage containers. If I just kept the bags of dry food out, my cats would tear open the bags and start eating whenever they wanted to. I learned this a long time ago when I adopted Sky. Enjoy Frankie's kitten antics because he'll grow up before you know it.:)

Anikaca77
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm glad to hear that Frankie is feeling better, I think there is a bit of an adjustment period when they come indoors, etc.

How are the other 2 doing outside and the mom cat?

melissa

cassiesmom
07-12-2011, 12:38 AM
MoFF, how is the littlest fuzzy-face doing?

momoffuzzyfaces
07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
MoFF, how is the littlest fuzzy-face doing?He is doing fine. He is playing with a ball with a bell in it right now. He gets to eat meals with the big kids now. I still put him in the bathroom at night or if I have to be gone for a while. Chip likes to pick on the others so much, I'm afraid he might try that with Frankie.

Frankie could probably take care of himself though. I've seen him chase Chip and give him a taste of his own medicine. :D Frankie goes in Monday for his booster shots.

The others are still doing ok outside. It's been so hot here, I haven't been able to spend much time with them. :love: