PDA

View Full Version : Dog Scootering?

wolf_Q
06-14-2011, 02:25 PM
I just came across an ad for a Diggler DSK scooter and now I want one ha ha. Has anyone tried this? http://www.digglerstore.com/scooters_dog_01.html I have a bikerdog but the only one who really enjoys that is Nebo, Keva will do it but the bike scares her, Skya is terrified of it, and Killer is well, not smart enough he kept trying to run behind the bike and into the tires. I have a kicksled but that can only be used in the winter. This looks like something neat to use in the summer even on some mountain trails. I've thought of hooking them onto the front of a bike but this looks like it would be easier to stop and jump off of if necessary. They are pricey though not sure I an afford one but it sure looks like fun.

Freedom
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Isn't that similar to what Tamara does with the huskies in summer time?

Looks like fun! Of course, MY flock of fluffs would expect to be ON the bike, with ME the one pulling! :D

k9krazee
06-14-2011, 06:55 PM
It looks like a lot of fun! I know a few of my agility friends just started doing it.

ETA: It looks like a much safer alternative to rollerblading (which all the dogs enjoy pulling me on), and you can use it on more surfaces!

K9karen
06-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Of course, MY flock of fluffs would expect to be ON the bike, with ME the one pulling! :D

Naturally!! I'd pay for a pic of that!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lady's Human
06-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Lady would sit down, stare at me as if to ask "Dad, you want me to WHAT? I can't go any GOOD places with you behind me!"

MonicanHonda
06-15-2011, 12:23 PM
I've heard of it. I think Delta and Doc might actually enjoy it. Lol

Freedom
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Naturally!! I'd pay for a pic of that!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IF such a photo were ever to come in to existence, I don't think you could afford it, I'd be SURE the price was sky high, ha haaaa. Wait, then again, I always do show off my goofy dogs, don't I?

I STILL think it looks like something Tamara does / did!

Husky_mom
06-15-2011, 11:43 PM
maybe.. maybe get a regular scooter .. or a bike frame and make some mods.. I bet itīd be cheaper.. and just about the same..

sure looks like fun.. :)

4 Dog Mother
06-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Wow, who comes up with this stuff? I can't see Tucker and Pippi pulling me anywhere. Taggert would take off in one direction and who ever was with him would have to go along and me - well, Taggert doesn't really care what direction he takes - I'm pretty sure I would end up on my head somewhere - and Taggert would never slow down! Smokey and Cinder - they might be willing to do it but more than likely they would think they should be the ones being pulled!

Also, I am somewhat a chicken. If they started going to fast, I would jam on the brake, the scooter would go head over heels with me on it. It just wouldn't be pretty at all!

Varga
06-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Really looks like fun! I'd love to have one of those but I don't think it would be fair to expect Taggart to pull it all by himself, since I doubt he has the strength for that at only 25lbs... Though I'm sure he would do his best to try. He really loves running :D
I take him on bike rides a lot but with a bike he doesn't have to do all the work himself.

Glacier
06-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Isn't that similar to what Tamara does with the huskies in summer time?

When I had a full dog team, I used to hook them to an ATV in the summer for training. I have a Sacco cart for training one or two dogs at a time. My dogs never really liked it and I find it a bit scarey to be sitting down while they pull. I never liked riding in the dogsled either! This scooter looks better than the Sacco although don't think it would do well on our crazy rough trails around here!

We're basically retired from mushing now. I mostly skijor in the winter. Never hooked up a team this winter. I use my bike to run the younger ones now in the summer and Tehya and I are trying canicross(she's gonna kill me yet!)