PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Praise

Puckstop31
06-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Yesterday, my wife FINALLY became a 100% official Permanent United States Resident!

It was a long, often horrid tale of bad lawyers, poor decisions on our part and a LOT of money spent. But, it's OVER.

Well....

For now. :) In 3 years we can start the Citizenship path.

Medusa
06-14-2011, 08:35 AM
I read about this on FB. Good news, Puck! :)

wombat2u2004
06-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Yesterday, my wife FINALLY became a 100% official Permanent United States Resident!

It was a long, often horrid tale of bad lawyers, poor decisions on our part and a LOT of money spent. But, it's OVER.

Well....

For now. :) In 3 years we can start the Citizenship path.

Why do they make it difficult for someone to do it legally ????

smokey the elder
06-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Congratulations!

Pinot's Mom
06-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Congratulations!!

phesina
06-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Congratulations to your whole family, Puck!!!!! That must be a bit of a load off your minds, for a while anyway..

Best wishes.

Puckstop31
06-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Why do they make it difficult for someone to do it legally ????

Oy Vey dude... :)

I understand why any legal immigration process should be 'detailed'. Frankly, it's a good thing that it is not cheap or 'easy'. Make it tedious enough that you really WANT it, ya know?

What I want to know is why do we give a virtual anal probe to people who are trying to navigate the process legally and give those who are not a "pass". I mean the fact that a person is trying to navigate the process legally, should be worth SOMEthing, right? It at least shows a desire to comply with the law, rather than just saying "eff you".

(Ok, I KNOW why.... But I am not going there. We all know where that conversation ends up here. LOL)

---

In summary, I could make suggestions to USCIS on how to make the process more efficient... But that is not how Federal Governments roll. Eh? LOL

Oh and to stave off a possible drive by from our usual suspects.... Immigration is something that is specifically mentioned in the Constitution that the Federal Government has authority over. (Article 1, Section 8.4)

Puckstop31
06-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks all!!!! :)

Karen
06-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Congratulations, a big step taken on an important path!

Asiel
06-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Good news Puck - hope everyone celebrated the long awaited results.

sparks19
06-14-2011, 02:19 PM
yep it's about time. We got hooked up with a lawyer and he was amazing. Once we started working with him things went really quickly. He handled all the issues that came up and he was just great. we got a rejection letter a little while back claiming we didn't have a certain form and saying that we owed another $500 for that form etc etc. Turns out they DID have the form and it was completed, approved and fully paid for... they just didn't LOOK for it. He sent it back to them with a very firm letter telling them to basically get their heads out of their arses. things started happening very fast after that.

Had we not had him for our lawyer we would have gotten that rejection notice and had NO idea where to go from there. We would have gone through a lot of unnessecary work and paid even more money not knowing that it was a form that they already had from us.

I honestly can't say enough about our lawyer. it seems like such an anticlimactic ending lol... almost 6 years in the works being screwed around with and given so much misinformation and within 6 months this lawyer had everything done and over with lol. I had my interview on the 3rd and i got my greencard yesterday. it took TEN days LOL and the interview took TEN minutes. the process took us 6 YEARS and the last part that we dreaded the most took ten minutes and completely over with in 10 days? it doesn't seem possible LOL

But Hallelujah... it's done for now. In three years I can go for citizenship or I have to renew my card in 10 years. Either way we have a little downtime at least to finally RELAX and not have this little black cloud hanging over our heads. I can finally get insurance and a Pennsylvania license etc etc. Thank the Lord

Freedom
06-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Congrats!

My Mum had her Green card for 47 years. Being British, and raised during WW II in London, no WAY she was becoming a citizen here, lol.

It was always funny traveling w/ her to other countries, especially British ones, as we had to separate at Customs! :D

sparks19
06-14-2011, 03:43 PM
I can carry both citizenships. I can keep my Canadian citizenship and get US citizenship and be Dual... Hannah is also a dual citizen. So I figure... why not?

caseysmom
06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Congratulations! Make sure you use the good lawyer when you apply for your citizenship.

chocolatepuppy
06-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Congrats!:D

wombat2u2004
06-14-2011, 09:28 PM
What I want to know is why do we give a virtual anal probe to people who are trying to navigate the process legally and give those who are not a "pass". I mean the fact that a person is trying to navigate the process legally, should be worth SOMEthing, right? It at least shows a desire to comply with the law, rather than just saying "eff you".

Exactly my thoughts when I asked my question. ;)
Anyway, congrats to you both.
So does this mean that the Hannah's Hands Jewellery and Sly Grog Shoppe can emerge from it's underground location and take it's rightful place amongst other US jewelery and sly grog corporations ??? :D

Lilith Cherry
06-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Congratulations! I am glad to hear you can keep your Canuck status too! I have dual British and Canadian citizenship as do my husband and kids!

lvpets2002
06-15-2011, 04:11 PM
:) Well that is all too cool.. Many Congrats.. Yup I had to many of years ago get my USA Citizenship.. Remember I came over from Germany && am full blooded German.. Gosh it took me 3 years then && I know they have changed alot since then..

I can carry both citizenships. I can keep my Canadian citizenship and get US citizenship and be Dual... Hannah is also a dual citizen. So I figure... why not?